Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:09:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:10:44 AM EDT by Q3131A]
I am helping a friend of the family with their computer. The computer is a Pent II Windows 98SE.

The current expired McAffe is interfering with running Norton Antivirus 2005.

How can I get rid of McAffe? It is not listed on remove programs from control panel. It is not listed anywhere I can find to uninstall.

Yes, I already told them to buy a new computer. But that is not an option at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:15:30 AM EDT
I had trouble unistalling Mcafee, but I did have an uninstall option in Control Panel. Try Google. Or go to McAfee's website and do a search on the support page. Mcafee was a pain in the arse to get rid of on my computer , it really adds way to many registry entries. Mine would not uninstall, so I had to go to the Support section and I finally found a topic on it. I had to manually Regedit the registry. There were well over 200 entries I had to delete. What a pain. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:18:15 AM EDT
Mcafee SHOULD uninstall from the Windows software applet in the Control Panel.  If not, check in START>PROGRAMS>MCAFEE and look for the uninstaller.   How much trouble you might have is dependant on which version of Mcafee you have.  If Mcafee won't completely uninstall, you will probably need to find an uninstaller program and rip it's little ass out by the roots.  If you have problems, email me through ARFCOM, I've got the MSFT installer cleanup that fixes MOST but not all uninstall programs problems.
HTH,
Vince
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:20:11 AM EDT
Go to their sh**ty website and look for a removal tool under tools and utilities. . If you cant find it, EMAIL me.  I just had to do it yesterday. First time I tried it I had to reload my OS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:23:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VinceU1:
Mcafee SHOULD uninstall from the Windows software applet in the Control Panel.  If not, check in START>PROGRAMS>MCAFEE and look for the uninstaller.   How much trouble you might have is dependant on which version of Mcafee you have.  If Mcafee won't completely uninstall, you will probably need to find an uninstaller program and rip it's little ass out by the roots.  If you have problems, email me through ARFCOM, I've got the MSFT installer cleanup that fixes MOST but not all uninstall programs problems.
HTH,
Vince

There is no McAffe uninstaller on the Start Programs section. I truely dispise McAffe.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:27:03 AM EDT
Why am I not surprised.
Ok, send me your email address and I'll send you a copy of MSFT's very own installer cleanup tool.  I want to warn you before you use this puppy, it will remove ALL traces of the program from Windows98.  It won't remove the program artifacts, but it will remove all references to Mcafee from Windows.  This SHOULD allow Norton's AV work as designed.
Vince
Top Top