Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:14:35 PM EDT
How on earth do I subscribe to a thread? I cannot find the option anywhere?

Also, why am I not auto-subscribed when I create a new thread?

Also, also, why am I not auto-subscribed when I post to a thread?

Where are options to change this behavior?
I have memeberships on 20 forums and all these options are active and available on all, yet I cannot find these options anywhere here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks for the quick reply Phil_in_Seattle, that is the button I was looking for.

I understand why I could not find it. I thought that the option simply did not exist.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
See the other post you made regarding search.  Log out and then log back in all the membership search function should be available to you.  Be aware the search function takes some use to figure out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Please pardon my sarcasm. I have memberships on 20 other forums ranging in subject matter from electronics, to high-end stereo equipment, to sport bikes, to helicopters, to financial advice, computers, technical careers, home improvement, etc., etc., etc., and I have NEVER paid a membership fee. NEVER.

Its not hamsters running in cages that power this site.  With the subscriber base here its surprising that the membership fee is not higher.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please pardon my sarcasm. I have memberships on 20 other forums ranging in subject matter from electronics, to high-end stereo equipment, to sport bikes, to helicopters, to financial advice, computers, technical careers, home improvement, etc., etc., etc., and I have NEVER paid a membership fee. NEVER.

Its not hamsters running in cages that power this site. With the subscriber base here its surprising that the membership fee is not higher.

Sorry USMC88-93, that was a real "YES, I'M A COMPLETE JACKASS AND I WILL PROVE IT BY SAYING SOMETHING STUPID" moment there. I apologize. I edited my post.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's certain that those sites have a vastly smaller user base, we have 251,987 registered members, 188,720 are active accounts, and therefore require much less in the way of bandwidth and hardware both of which of course cost money.

Banner ads alone do not fill those needs.

At 8:45pm pacific time:

3561 Users Are Currently Online.

There are 1,113 Team Members, 1,142 Members, and 1,306 Guests

all eating bandwidth and hardware cycles.

That's pretty impressive (NO SARCASM!) I checked some of my other forums, the largest has 116,000 members, putting AR-15.com at DOUBLE the size of that one.

Damn!

Sorry fellas. I'm just really trying to utilize the site and was getting a bit P.O.'d.

Where is the membership information?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Your membership was purchased for you.  You should now have a number of other buttons available to you including a more detailed search function.  Be aware that there is a vast amount of threads available for search in the archives section as well.

You need to log out and then log back in however to see them.  I presume you have already done so.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your membership was purchased for you. You should now have a number of other buttons available to you including a more detailed search function. Be aware that there is a vast amount of threads available for search in the archives section as well.

You need to log out and then log back in however to see them. I presume you have already done so.

Thank you very much! I mean that!

I have logged out and back in and am looking at the search functions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top