Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/11/2003 6:05:04 PM EST
I currently live in Kalifornia and need to sell my firearms. I have a Marlin 45/70 guide gun, HK USP 40 pistol with 2 hi-cap pre-ban mags (both came with the pistol when I purchased it), and a MAK 90 sporter with a few 30 round mags. All 3 weapons are in perfect condition as I rarely ever shoot. Question #1, with the currently Kalifornia laws, what can/can't I sell here? How does one go about selling his firearms? Where can I determine the true market value of these guns for a private sale? Thanks in advance for your answers! Max
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:09:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:14:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 6:16:01 PM EST by Ratters]
You can sell the Marlin no problems, just needs to go through an FFL. You can sell the USP to someone in state, just not the high caps. The MAK 90 must go through an assault weapons dealer if it is registered. If not, I would make it "dissappear" out of state. Edited to add it must be sold out of state regardless. If it is registered it must go through an assault weapon certified FFL. For market value, I usually check [url]www.gunsamerica.com[/url] to see what current asking prices are. Much easier to navigate than gun broker.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:16:39 PM EST
Do NOT find a responsible buyer with cash in his pocket and sell them to him. That would be AGAINST THE LAW!!![;)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:29:56 PM EST
Thanks for the advice all! Yes, all my firearms are legally registered and everything is legit. I just want to make sure I legally sell them! :)
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:45:02 PM EST
I would keep the .40 w/hi caps cause you can't sell them the mak sell that out of state and the marlin sell it in state.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:55:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 6:57:23 PM EST by godzillamax]
So I can sell the Marlin and Hk USP 40 in Kalifornia, but not the 2 hi-cap mags for the HK. And I definatly cannot sell the Norinco MAk 90 sporter in CA. So can I sell the hi-caps and the MAC 90 in say Arizona?? Thanks, Max
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:15:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 7:16:05 PM EST by Ratters]
Just put them on gunbroker or gunsamerica or wherever. The highcaps just ship to the buyer. The MAK take to an assault weapons dealer to ship it to the buyers FFL. Neither should be problem. Are you in northern or southern california? Just curious. Also, for the stuff in state you can put it on [url]www.calguns.net[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:23:51 PM EST
You can sell the Mac instate to an FFL [:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:33:25 PM EST
Does it say anything about trades? I have a few things around here Id trade ya in the PRK.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:03:48 PM EST
I'm interested in your HK USP if you are in So. Cal. I sent you an e-mail. Let me know. F.A.S.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:22:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By 6172crew: Does it say anything about trades? I have a few things around here Id trade ya in the PRK.
View Quote
ALL transfers must go through an FFL. Man I love this state [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:41:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:49:35 PM EST
Not interested in trades, but my e-mail address is :godzilla.max@verizon.net
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:59:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 9:01:12 PM EST by Garand1911]
this may be nudging the law a bit, but you can sell hi cap "mag bodies" and other components seperately. theres a guy at the last gun show who sells the para and glock mag bodies, it must be legal with all the KALI DOJ agents running around trying to entrap people they havent tried to stop him. assembling the bodies and components would be Illegal in state, but up to the buyer.
Top Top