Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2004 3:29:57 PM EST
I've been getting emails from a realtor with links to houses on the MLS for me to look at. It's actually a great system since I can just drive by the houses when I get a chance and check them out real quick without dealing with him.

The problem is that he's sent me more than once into neighborhoods where I was the only whitey for miles, and where I wouldn't have gotten out of the car if I wasn't packing, and even then I was nervous.

I guess what I really need to do is "fire" the guy. I haven't signed anything with him. The house he just sent me is about 3 blocks from the old jobsite I was on in the ghetto so I know all too well what that neighborhood is like, and how unwelcome a white face is there.

Many of these neighborhoods will likely "come up" in the next few years, the houses will cost $100s of thousands more, and I'll kick myself. But in the meantime I have to call the place I buy home, and I don't want to go "home" to the ghetto.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:32:53 PM EST
Tell him that you need a house in an area that is zoned for cross burnings.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:33:12 PM EST
Send him an email that says something like "Thanks for all the leads. I pretty much have my heart set on something in Oakdale, Leftwich, or Boney Park (or whatever they call the neighborhoods you want to live in)." The guy is probably firing blind based on your price & size requirements. Black, white, or green, he wants to sell you a house, and he doesn't care where it is.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:40:59 PM EST
Look at at this way: if your community still practises bussing, they'll haul your kids to a white school.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:41:36 PM EST
Tell the realtor what you want, in no uncertain terms. "I don't want to live in the ghetto." "I don't want to live around African Americans." "I want to be surrounded by my Aryan brethren." Whatever you're looking for, tell the realtor.

You are buying a house of YOUR CHOOSING. Don't be afraid to lay it all out on the table. Trust me, this realtor won't give up his commission over something like this. Tell him what you and be specific. If he wants to attempt to grow a brain and continue directing you to locations you find undesirable, then kick his ass to the curb. It's no different than if your realtor kept showing you two-story city condos if what you really wanted was a ranch-style in the 'burbs.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:52:27 PM EST
Get this printed on a T-Shirt and wear it next time you talk to him:

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:59:44 PM EST
Tell him you want to live on the edge of the metro area, because you like to be close to the country. There are very few rural ghettos in this country...most of the better burbs are the farthest out. Wink when you tell him if that helps, but it could get you a date lol.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:00:59 PM EST
Guess it would be too much like thinking just to tell him what areas you are interested in...
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:02:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 4:02:31 PM EST by Mmanwitgun]

Originally Posted By squeezecockerp7m8:
Tell him you want to live on the edge of the metro area, because you like to be close to the country. There are very few rural ghettos in this country...most of the better burbs are the farthest out. Wink when you tell him if that helps, but it could get you a date lol.

Kevin

but what if he wants to live in the metro area?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:06:20 PM EST
Just tell him that you want to live in a mostly white community. You won't consider one that's anything else, period.

If he doesn't like it, get another realtor.

Or you could just tell him that your fellow Klansmen would stare.

Or tell him you're an 88. Not that you are, but just for the sake of making a point...

Get a map of the city. Black out all the areas you don't want to go to. Hand him the
map and tell him to restrict his choices to areas that are NOT black!

Nice pun there, sort of.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:06:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:

Kevin

Why would you want to? That is where most of the crime is...near the city center. Even if you live in an older burb, it is more likely your house will be broken into. On the edge suburbs, the criminals are less likely to leave the ghetto and venture that far out. I'm thinking of the Detroit area as an example, but most in that area of 5.5 million want to live on the edge of it, whether they do or not. There are inner suburbs that are awesome like Gross Pointe...but you go literally two blocks over and it is a bombed out ghetto. No thanks. Just MHO.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:08:04 PM EST
Tell him you're an anarchist. He won't want you in his neighborhood, and you'll both be happy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:09:38 PM EST
Well, for whatever it's worth, I do want to "stay east" as we say in Broward county. I want to be as close to the beach and downtown as I can. Unfortunately there's alot of really shitty neighborhoods still around there. I have every confidence that in 10 years they will be gone and houses that are now going for $200k (yes, houses in the middle of cracked-out neighborhoods are selling for $200k here) will be worth twice that in 10 years.

I know I have to fire him. It's just something that I thought was funny. I don't know who he thinks I am, or who he's dealing with, but white, black, or purple, he has sent me into some of the worst neighborhoods around.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:14:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By norman74:I don't know who he thinks I am, or who he's dealing with, but white, black, or purple, he has sent me into some of the worst neighborhoods around.

Did you give him price restrictions? Maybe that's all that he can find in your range?

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:15:41 PM EST
Tell him you don't sell crack, only fluffy white cocaine, and you hate watermelon!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:16:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:

Kevin

Why would you want to?...

To party like a rock star maybe

but seriously, you can live in a metro area and be safe as long as you stay out of certain areas.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:20:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:

Originally Posted By norman74:I don't know who he thinks I am, or who he's dealing with, but white, black, or purple, he has sent me into some of the worst neighborhoods around.

Did you give him price restrictions? Maybe that's all that he can find in your range?

this might in fact be the case. Unfortunately even the price he's running with ($200k) that he got from the mortgage company is more than I want to spend. This is why I hate realtors (among other things). They don't tell you "you're nuts, you'll never live east for under $300k unless you want to live next to the crackheads". Instead they string you along.

Maybe I can see if I can get mugged looking at one of the houses and turn around and sue him for sending me there. That's the American way right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:22:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Imbroglio:

Every once in a while you come out with something that just cracks me up.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:23:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 4:27:43 PM EST by jrzy]

I think you are confusing norman74's desire to live in an environment with people who share his own interests and maybe even look a little like him with racism.
There's nothing wrong in wanting to marry a girl who will give you children that look like the you.
And there's nothing wrong in wanting to live with people who resemble you.

This whole "we are the world and we are all one" is OK if that's what you want but you have no right to tell me how to think and act as I have no right to tell you where to live and who to marry.

Before I get called some kind of racist I'll clarify it for you Imbroglio.
I believe (for me) in marrying my own race and to have kids of my race and I also believe you can do as you wish, it's my right as it is yours.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:33:16 PM EST
You do know YOU can look up the same houses for sale at www.realtor.com. If your not interested, just tell him so, and get another. No biggie.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:42:37 PM EST
LOL, Norm buddy you are the last person in the world I ever though would be too PC.

Just tell them that you are the wrong color and let it go. They will understand. They're not trying to be your best friend but sell you a house.

You think black people ask the realitors to live in all white neihborhoods?

I came right out and told my relator I wanted a neighborhood no more racially mixed than the general population in the area. Didn't phase them one way or the other.

Forget all this PC shit and just blurt it out. It will save one hell of alot of time and time is money to realitors.

Tj

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:48:57 PM EST
Look at him straight in the eye and say "Homie don't play dat!"

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:16:26 PM EST
Tell him some zip codes you are interested in and tell him not to send you anything that doesn't those parameters, not that hard really. Race never has to come up, just go to the nicer areas.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:22:14 PM EST
"I like diversity as much as the next guy, but being the token whitey ain't my idea of diversity"
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:27:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 6:28:41 PM EST by dpmmn]

Straight forward works for me

Edited to add disclaimer:

I am not racist
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:30:44 PM EST
Or you could do the polite thing and tell him which neighborhoods you are interested in as was posted before. Let him know what you want, and he will try to find it. If you don't know, meet with him and tell him you are looking for a " conservative " republican neighborhood. He's not stupid and will understand. My wife is a realtor and I can tell you that sometimes it impossible to read people's minds.

She now has one Black client that wants to buy a house in the suburbs. Her criteria is better schools for her kids. Her budget is $80k. Well, that means inner rim suburb, or way out in the middle of nowhere where she would be the only black family. She showed her both via email and then lets her decide which listings she wants to see. Yes, they guy, like my wife, wants to sell you a house, but he wants you to be happy and reccomend him too. These guys make their reputation on recommendations. He will gladly show you what you want if you tell him what that is. He can't however read your mind. Bear in mind that these folks work very hard and very long hours to find you these listings, present them, qualify the deal, and put everything together. They damned sure want to get it right.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:36:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By shotar:
Bear in mind that these folks work very hard and very long hours to find you these listings, present them, qualify the deal, and put everything together. They damned sure want to get it right.

While I don't doubt that this is the case with your wife, my experience with realtors has been the exact opposite. They have tried to do as little as humanly possible, to include not even showing up at the closing, in order to still get their greedy little paws on a commision that they did not earn when we found the house we wanted to buy on our own.

I will reiterate again. Realtors should be realists. Why they can't be honest with their clients is beyond me. If I told my realtor I wanted a 3/2 with a pool on a half acre within walking distance of downtown and all for $200k I'd betcha dollars to donuts that he'd say "OK!" and start emailing me more crack houses.

I guess I don't have good luck with realtors. Every one I come across is the scum of the earth who thought real estate would be a good way to make a quick buck and has been woefully disapointed that it actually could involve work.

For the record for all who have posted, I am going to fire the guy. I've honestly never even met him in person. He's somebody that the mortgage company recomended so I thought I'd give him a chance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:43:12 PM EST
My wife turned down a listing this morning because the guy wants $20k more than the market will bear in his neighborhood. She basically told him that she will run the numbers again and get back to him this week. They charge $1k up front for a listing so she didn't want the guy disappointed when his house didn't sell at his price. The guy was shocked a little that she wouldn't take his money, but her hope is that he will realize she was giving him honest info on the area comps. He is taking his comps from the new construction behind him, not the fact that his house needs work and was built in 1930. Now, there are companies that will be realistic with the client, there are others that stab in the dark. Talk with the guy and ask him to be realistic with you. Tell him what you want and see if he signs on to the program. Tell him you are serious about buying a house, be blunt with what you want and ask him for honesty in return. He will give it to you, but don't be shocked if he says what you want is a needle in a haystack.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:43:22 PM EST
Bad luck with Realtors, and motorcycle salesmen, and neighbors, and co-workers, and family. Personality conflicts or failure to interface at every turn.

Might have something to do with your sig line.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:49:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

www.stormfront.org/images/wplogo.gif

I am not racist

Dont bother making one go to resistance,com and order it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:51:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR-10:
Bad luck with Realtors, and motorcycle salesmen, and neighbors, and co-workers, and family. Personality conflicts or failure to interface at every turn.

I don't remember the neighbors and family ones.

Might have something to do with your sig line.

It's the other way 'round.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:52:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By shotar:
My wife turned down a listing this morning because the guy wants $20k more than the market will bear in his neighborhood. She basically told him that she will run the numbers again and get back to him this week. They charge $1k up front for a listing so she didn't want the guy disappointed when his house didn't sell at his price. The guy was shocked a little that she wouldn't take his money, but her hope is that he will realize she was giving him honest info on the area comps. He is taking his comps from the new construction behind him, not the fact that his house needs work and was built in 1930.

Sounds like your wife is one of the few good ones. Too bad she doesn't work around here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:59:05 PM EST
Just be honest.
Tell him to go pound sand, he's fired.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:03:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By norman74:
If I told my realtor I wanted a 3/2 with a pool on a half acre within walking distance of downtown and all for $200k I'd betcha dollars to donuts that he'd say "OK!" and start emailing me more crack houses.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:12:06 PM EST
Norman, why are you using a realtor for in the first place? Use Realtor.com or a local agents website to view MLS listings from the privacy of your own home. Many of these sites have a map feature that allows you to pan the area to search for homes. Enable the house icons on the map, then just scroll around and look at the pics. Most of these sites also allow you to insert the criteria of the home you're looking for. If you find a house you like, call the listing agent directly and ask for a showing. You'll get a 3% discount off the top when purchasing this way.

Always use an attorney for the final contract and do the negotiating yourself.

BTW, we are doing it this way and are in contract to buy a house I didn't think we could afford. The 3% really helped us.

Not all realestate agents are bad, just the one's I've had to deal with. Use one if your negotiating skills are rusty, they'll save you money in the end.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:03:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:14:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 8:15:39 PM EST by Gloftoe]

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

www.stormfront.org/images/wplogo.gif

I am not racist

Dont bother making one go to resistance,com and order it.

You know, I'm just as blunt, and as white as the next guy. But maybe we shouldn't link that stupid bullshit from stormfront.org to here? I dislike those racist dumbshits as much as I dislike black racist dumbshits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:05:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By jrzy:

I think you are confusing norman74's desire to live in an environment with people who share his own interests and maybe even look a little like him with racism.
There's nothing wrong in wanting to marry a girl who will give you children that look like the you.

This whole "we are the world and we are all one" is OK if that's what you want but you have no right to tell me how to think and act as I have no right to tell you where to live and who to marry.

I believe (for me) in marrying my own race and to have kids of my race and I also believe you can do as you wish, it's my right as it is yours.

On target.

Question. You said he keeps emailing you. Has this guy met you? Does he even know you are White?

I personally would pull no punches about where I wish to buy. But I have always told them "These neighborhoods", to include boundaries. That way it makes it pretty simple where I want to be.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:10:45 AM EST

For the record for all who have posted, I am going to fire the guy. I've honestly never even met him in person. He's somebody that the mortgage company recomended so I thought I'd give him a chance.

For the fact you never met face to face, I dont think he got much of a chance, but I also think he didnt do his job for not making a face to face meeting happen so he could feel you out and see where you should be.

Shitty agent...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:35:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 4:36:24 AM EST by wetidlerjr]

I've been getting emails from a realtor with links to houses on the MLS for me to look at. It's actually a great system since I can just drive by the houses when I get a chance and check them out real quick without dealing with him.
The problem is that he's sent me more than once into neighborhoods where I was the only whitey for miles, and where I wouldn't have gotten out of the car if I wasn't packing, and even then I was nervous.
I guess what I really need to do is "fire" the guy. I haven't signed anything with him. The house he just sent me is about 3 blocks from the old jobsite I was on in the ghetto so I know all too well what that neighborhood is like, and how unwelcome a white face is there.
Many of these neighborhoods will likely "come up" in the next few years, the houses will cost $100s of thousands more, and I'll kick myself. But in the meantime I have to call the place I buy home, and I don't want to go "home" to the ghetto.

Duh, tell him that the houses he is wanting to show, you are not interested in and then tell him what neighborhood you ARE interested in. Now, wasn't that easy ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:54:49 AM EST
Dont be afraid to tell him his selection of neighborhood sucks.
He is obviously playing you for a fool, and wasting your time.
When was the last time a neighboorhood "Came up".
Tell him up front exactly what I said fire him and get another realtor.

Lebrew

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:46:56 AM EST
Just get a new realtor. How hard is that?

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:50:50 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:13:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By lebrew:

Around here? All the damn time. The neighborhood I'm currently renting in had a horrible reputation 10 years ago. Some people still recoil in shock when I tell them where I live. Now though you can't touch .25 acre empty lot for under $400k in this neighborhood.

Broward county is an interesting case study in real estate. We are bordered on the east by the ocean and on the west by the Everglades Conservation Area. For the last 50 years the population has been moving west. This has meant that the "undesirables" have moved east toward downtown as those properties started getting cheap. Well now we have reached the western limit, and people still need places to live. Not to mention that all the rich white folks started realizing that they were driving through the ghetto to get to the beach. Finally some of them (mostly the gays) figured out that they could buy some prettty cool old houses in the ghetto for pretty damn cheap, fix them up, and be living 2 miles or less from the beach. After the gays took over, the yuppies felt more comfortable and started buying the houses from the gays (at a huge profit for the gays I might add). Now the whole downtown Las Olas Blvd. and Riverfront areas have undergone and continue to undergo a revitalization, making the property in the east even more valuable.

I'm kind of bored this morning, so I think I'll make up a map for you guys and my real estate agent to show ya'll what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:28:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By TomJefferson:

If they have a lick of sense are interested in promoting diversity in the heretofore lilly white neighborhoods, they sure do.

Only joking slightly! I have good black friends that I am positive (positive as in affirmed through direct conversation) - would not want to live in a predominately black neighborhood. Exception to the rule, I'm guessing, would be an affluent or at least comfortable lifestyle neighborhood. If you're in a good neighborhood, it doesn't matter if your neighbors are polka dotted or striped, since they will in all likelyhood be good neighbors because they've at least shown that they can work, make a living, and buy a home in a nice place.

The bad parts of town are bad because of A DEFECTIVE CULTURE. The issue, when you boil it down, hasn't got a thing in the world to do with color. Purely a culture issue.

Just so happens that a good percentage of black kids are raised in this BROKEN, DEFECTIVE CULTURE. It's all about how you were raised, not what your racial make up is. Unfortunately, the "how you were raised" factor really *IS* the most important part of developing into a productive, prosperous, generous, polite citizen. I say "unfortunately" because being raised by a traditional mother/father team in a stable home is not the norm for black kids in general nowadays. One of the first fucking things that is learned by the stereotypical black kid is that their "moma's baby's daddy" is the "free spirited" type - can't be tied down. IOW - do whatever you want - responsibility is for chumps!

Gang/prison/ghetto/welfare/bastard/rap culture is TOTALLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY DEFECTIVE. The lifestyle could not even exist in its present form if it wasn't for "the man" propping it up. Name one positive thing that ghetto culture has provided? No, baggy pants and buttoned up collars can't be considered a positive thing. Maybe somebody else thinks it's cool to try to look like a prison inmate, but I think it's pretty silly to try to emulate encarcerated felons. Woohoo - BIG aspirations. "GHETTO THINK": a mindset that is so WRONG and INEFFECTIVE at its core that it MUST be discarded in order to succeed at anything more than slingin' rock and crankin' out the shorties with your bitches.

My friend's dad calls the ghettos "hatcheries". Say it out loud next time you drive by - "this slum is nothing but a human hatchery" - a kind of a sick experiment to see if the productive citizens can keep up with the cost and maintenance required to care for GENERATIONS of welfare sucking shitbag thugs. Sadly, that seems to be pretty accurate sometimes. The world has plenty of people in it - we don't need more just for the sake of having more. If you aren't going to properly raise the poor little shits, then they're probably just felons in training set on a light speed course to prison or the grave. Keep that fucking "gun" in its holster, friend - don't need any more crack-babies - but thanks for trying to contribute.

Oughta' nut the fuckers - take a little bit of the fight out of 'em. Knock that goddamned chip off their shoulder.

Live where you want to and can afford.

Happy hunting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:31:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 6:55:52 AM EST by norman74]
OK, so below is the map of the greater downtown Ft. Lauderdale area.

You can see the arrow showing where I live, and you can see the star showing the approximate center of downtown.

The area you see outlined in red is anywhere from $350k up past several million (see those little "fingers" in the intercoastal? yeah, several million). Even the area slightly to the north of there starts at $250k for a 2/1 with under 1k SF.

The area you see outlined in green is the "bad" area. Notice how close it is to the downtown center? This is what makes me say there is no way it's not going to "come up". It's just going to take awhile, and in the meantime I'd have to live in the ghetto. This area will be harder to rebuild than where I currently live because there are alot more multi-family buildings there that will have to be demolished and something new built in it's place. All of this makes for a much more expensive proposition then the renovations that took place in my neighborhood. Also, right down the center of that area, between Sunrise and Broward Blvds. Is Sistrunk Blvd. (not labeled), which has been a historically black neighborhood for a long time.

Ultimately the blue area is the area that I think has the most promise, and a balance between the good and the bad elements. It has started to "come up" but there may still be pockets that are affordable for me. There are still some scummy holdouts, and more so the further away you get from the river that runs through the middle, but it's really come a long way, and people appear to be caring about their property in this area again. Once you get west of I-95, the area to the north of Davie Blvd is still pretty sketchy, whereas the area to the south is coming up quite nicely. There still aren't any nice amenities in the area like shops or grocery stores (at least not ones you'd want to shop in) but they will most certainly come with time, and downtown is a mere 4-5 miles away.

So, now that I've rambled on with stuff that nobody but me cares about... I give you the map

*edit to add a better map
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:34:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By lebrew:

Around here? All the damn time. The neighborhood I'm currently renting in had a horrible reputation 10 years ago. Some people still recoil in shock when I tell them where I live. Now though you can't touch .25 acre empty lot for under $400k in this neighborhood.

Broward county is an interesting case study in real estate. We are bordered on the east by the ocean and on the west by the Everglades Conservation Area. For the last 50 years the population has been moving west. This has meant that the "undesirables" have moved east toward downtown as those properties started getting cheap. Well now we have reached the western limit, and people still need places to live. Not to mention that all the rich white folks started realizing that they were driving through the ghetto to get to the beach. Finally some of them (mostly the gays) figured out that they could buy some prettty cool old houses in the ghetto for pretty damn cheap, fix them up, and be living 2 miles or less from the beach. After the gays took over, the yuppies felt more comfortable and started buying the houses from the gays (at a huge profit for the gays I might add). Now the whole downtown Las Olas Blvd. and Riverfront areas have undergone and continue to undergo a revitalization, making the property in the east even more valuable.

I'm kind of bored this morning, so I think I'll make up a map for you guys and my real estate agent to show ya'll what I mean.

You know, if you don't have kids, this may be the time to gamble on a comfortable retirement. Wouldn't it be cool to buy a house in the shittiest neighboirhood you can stand, fortify it, and then ride the market up as it quintuples in value over the balance of your working life?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:47:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
You know, if you don't have kids, this may be the time to gamble on a comfortable retirement. Wouldn't it be cool to buy a house in the shittiest neighboirhood you can stand, fortify it, and then ride the market up as it quintuples in value over the balance of your working life?

I have thought very hard about this. The problem is, I'd still have to come home to that neighborhood every night. I'd have to listen to the noise at night, see all that trash on my way home, wouldn't be able to ride my bike or walk my dog, would constantly worry that my guns were going to get stolen.

In all it's just a lifestyle change I can't handle right now. I get enough stress at work, I can't come home and be stressed there too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:21:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By Tate:

Originally Posted By TomJefferson:

If they have a lick of sense are interested in promoting diversity in the heretofore lilly white neighborhoods, they sure do.

Only joking slightly! I have good black friends that I am positive (positive as in affirmed through direct conversation) - would not want to live in a predominately black neighborhood. Exception to the rule, I'm guessing, would be an affluent or at least comfortable lifestyle neighborhood. If you're in a good neighborhood, it doesn't matter if your neighbors are polka dotted or striped, since they will in all likelyhood be good neighbors because they've at least shown that they can work, make a living, and buy a home in a nice place.

The bad parts of town are bad because of A DEFECTIVE CULTURE. The issue, when you boil it down, hasn't got a thing in the world to do with color. Purely a culture issue.

Just so happens that a good percentage of black kids are raised in this BROKEN, DEFECTIVE CULTURE. It's all about how you were raised, not what your racial make up is. Unfortunately, the "how you were raised" factor really *IS* the most important part of developing into a productive, prosperous, generous, polite citizen. I say "unfortunately" because being raised by a traditional mother/father team in a stable home is not the norm for black kids in general nowadays. One of the first fucking things that is learned by the stereotypical black kid is that their "moma's baby's daddy" is the "free spirited" type - can't be tied down. IOW - do whatever you want - responsibility is for chumps!

Gang/prison/ghetto/welfare/bastard/rap culture is TOTALLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY DEFECTIVE. The lifestyle could not even exist in its present form if it wasn't for "the man" propping it up. Name one positive thing that ghetto culture has provided? No, baggy pants and buttoned up collars can't be considered a positive thing. Maybe somebody else thinks it's cool to try to look like a prison inmate, but I think it's pretty silly to try to emulate encarcerated felons. Woohoo - BIG aspirations. "GHETTO THINK": a mindset that is so WRONG and INEFFECTIVE at its core that it MUST be discarded in order to succeed at anything more than slingin' rock and crankin' out the shorties with your bitches.

My friend's dad calls the ghettos "hatcheries". Say it out loud next time you drive by - "this slum is nothing but a human hatchery" - a kind of a sick experiment to see if the productive citizens can keep up with the cost and maintenance required to care for GENERATIONS of welfare sucking shitbag thugs. Sadly, that seems to be pretty accurate sometimes. The world has plenty of people in it - we don't need more just for the sake of having more. If you aren't going to properly raise the poor little shits, then they're probably just felons in training set on a light speed course to prison or the grave. Keep that fucking "gun" in its holster, friend - don't need any more crack-babies - but thanks for trying to contribute.

Oughta' nut the fuckers - take a little bit of the fight out of 'em. Knock that goddamned chip off their shoulder.

Live where you want to and can afford.

Happy hunting.

GREAT RANT!!!! COPY AND PASTED TO MY HARD DRIVE! PERMISSION TO REPRINT????
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:48:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By CavVet:

Originally Posted By jrzy:

On target.

Question. You said he keeps emailing you. Has this guy met you? Does he even know you are White?

I personally would pull no punches about where I wish to buy. But I have always told them "These neighborhoods", to include boundaries. That way it makes it pretty simple where I want to be.

Good luck.

Now how come it's ok for jrzy to say that but if I said it, you'd be sounding the Klan alarm?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:55:56 AM EST
Norman74, have you ever considered the fact he doesn't show you the nice neighborhoods because he might not like your type living in his area?

SGtar15
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top