Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:21:19 PM EDT
You know sneak up behind them and wham! Blackjack to the head unconscious. Is it just a movie move?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:23:54 PM EDT
Blood choke. Very easy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:34:11 PM EDT
Hit them in the jaw with something hard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:34:56 PM EDT
Very easy to do
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:35:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DigDug:
Blood choke. Very easy.

Please explain.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:36:33 PM EDT
boney part behind the ear, lights out
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:36:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DagNasty:

Blood choke. Very easy.

Please explain.

You just gotta know where to hit 'em and how hard.

Problem is a lot of areas that knock people out can also kill them if you strike with too much force.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:37:39 PM EDT
If you hit someone in the back of their head hard enough to knock them out, you have about an equal chance of killing them or turning them into a brain damaged wreck as you have of knocking them out.

a good shot to the jaw will drop someone mostly because of the nerve reaction, but a blow to the head is very dangerous and not likely to have the desired effect.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:38:24 PM EDT
5 pounds of force is all that is required to put someone on queer street.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:39:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 7:40:55 PM EDT by DigDug]

Originally Posted By DagNasty:

Blood choke. Very easy.

Please explain.

Arteries run down the sides of your neck. Stop that blood flow and a person blacks out. Much faster then an airway choke. There are even striking techniques on the nerve centers on the sides of the neck, but those aren't chokes...

Take a little Judo or Jujitsu and you will learn.

If you try any of this stuff on the street, expect to be charges with attempted murder if you are not using it defensively. Even then...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:45:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By benbob:
If you hit someone in the back of their head hard enough to knock them out, you have about an equal chance of killing them or turning them into a brain damaged wreck as you have of knocking them out.

a good shot to the jaw will drop someone mostly because of the nerve reaction, but a blow to the head is very dangerous and not likely to have the desired effect.

Exactly, there is a very fine line to walk when attempting to knock someone out with a blow to anywehere on the head. I would expect that most would be more likely to kill than knock someone out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:45:32 PM EDT
I only tried one time, I was like 15 and my 19 year old brother kept bugging me while I was on the phone. So I hit him with it. He gave me that look, like he was going to kick my ass. So instead of running away like I usually do, I smacked him with the phone as hard as I could in the back of the head. He cam to a knee for about 2 seconds started to come back up and I hit him again. He still kept coming so I ran my ass off !!

He severly kicked my ass when he finally caught me, but he never bothered me while I was on the phone again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:52:30 PM EDT
Matlock got knocked out snooping around in somebody's office every episode.

He never got killed, but was on the bad end of a Smith & Wesson pistol-whippin' every week, without fail.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:54:00 PM EDT
I've seen a kid go lights out after getting hit in the head with a pillow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:54:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:54:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Maggot:
I only tried one time, I was like 15 and my 19 year old brother kept bugging me while I was on the phone. So I hit him with it. He gave me that look, like he was going to kick my ass. So instead of running away like I usually do, I smacked him with the phone as hard as I could in the back of the head. He cam to a knee for about 2 seconds started to come back up and I hit him again. He still kept coming so I ran my ass off !!

He severly kicked my ass when he finally caught me, but he never bothered me while I was on the phone again.

Little bastard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:54:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:

+1 works everytime
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:57:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

+1 works everytime

I did that by accident in high school with a paddle ball racket. Dude went down like a sack of potatoes
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:02:12 PM EDT
Its not that hard to do, but tools make life easier:

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:11:41 PM EDT
Hitting the back of the head is pretty damn useless.

I have been whanged on the ground hard enough that my head rang like a bottle being tapped on concret...I mean actually making the sound and surprising the guy who did it to me enough that he gave up the assault when I got back up.

I need to look into this boney part behind the ear thing because that last scuffle I got into I went for the temple and did not get the desired results...the other guy apologised for starting the fight, but did not go lights out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:26:09 PM EDT
A chop to the side of the neck won't "knock" someone out. It is intended to temporarily stop the signals to the nerve endings on that side of the body in which the blow is delivered. Henceforth, if a chop to the right side of the neck is delivered, the right side of the body will go limp causing your assailant to succumb to gravity there a by giving you the oppurtunity to flee or inflict a more damaging blow. I have never used this blow nor seen it used though. I was also taught once on how to deliver a palm strike to the right side of the forehead (not the right side of the head). I was told that it would render your assailant unconcieous long enough to subdue and apprehend. The palm strike is done with the heel of the palm and with a twisting motion upon contact. As said previousely, I have not had to use or have seen this technique employed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 8:34:37 PM EDT by Mattl]

Originally Posted By NYC-M4:
You know sneak up behind them and wham! Blackjack to the head unconscious. Is it just a movie move?

With strikes it is timing and connection more than power. Chokes very easy if you know what you are doing. Should have asked this in the Self Defense forum. At least when it popped up on A.T. some of the couch commando know-it-alls would have ignored it. If you are looking for a more specific response be more specific some of us are actually qualified to help.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:34:58 PM EDT
All it takes is a powershot from Squatdog.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:38:23 PM EDT
Unless your looking to kill some on I would say never to hit them in the back of the head. Thats a good way to get manslaughter. It's a very sensitive spot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:42:12 PM EDT
IBTL, illegal activities
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:43:08 PM EDT
Why bother with a knockout, go for the kill
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:44:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

+1 works everytime

I did that by accident in high school with a paddle ball racket. Dude went down like a sack of potatoes

I just tried nailing myself there a few times with no success.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:45:25 PM EDT

Where's that vid of the pimp getting KO'd by the Karate dude?

YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:49:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 8:51:48 PM EDT by Mattl]

Originally Posted By olyarms:
Unless your looking to kill some on I would say never to hit them in the back of the head. Thats a good way to get manslaughter. It's a very sensitive spot.

With a nail or knife yes. Problem with a 1 hit-stop is connecting. The back of the head/ top of the neck is the Occipital Lobe. Essentially all motor function originate here. Hard to impossible to kill here with a punch an elbow slightly more likely both of which you will never get a "flush" hit with. Basically put a knife, nail, or bullet through the occipital lobe all function stops permanantly. It is hard to do enough damage to the cervical vertebrae with a punch. A brick or billiard ball might expediate the process if you are looking to kill. But yes hit it hard enough they will drop like a rock temporarily. Fracture the skull deep enough and thier dead so you might stay away from hitting the skull with objects.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 8:56:26 PM EDT by BluDragon]
rapidshare.de/files/5813538/pimp_punk.wmv.html

Hope it works. This is my first time using rapidshare....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:07:13 PM EDT by napalm]

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:
Where's that vid of the pimp getting KO'd by the Karate dude?

YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!

Karate man vs. Pimp minus the rapidshare download...

www.thatvideosite.com/view/606.html

ETA:

Also check out this video for an entertaining fight sequence:

www.thatvideosite.com/view/361.html

If cats did shit like that all the time I might actually like 'em and have a couple.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:08:41 PM EDT
Donkey Punch!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:12:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
Donkey Punch!

I don't think that would knock some one out. Maybe break a few ribs though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:17:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By colesteele:
A chop to the side of the neck won't "knock" someone out. It is intended to temporarily stop the signals to the nerve endings on that side of the body in which the blow is delivered. Henceforth, if a chop to the right side of the neck is delivered, the right side of the body will go limp causing your assailant to succumb to gravity there a by giving you the oppurtunity to flee or inflict a more damaging blow. I have never used this blow nor seen it used though. I was also taught once on how to deliver a palm strike to the right side of the forehead (not the right side of the head). I was told that it would render your assailant unconcieous long enough to subdue and apprehend. The palm strike is done with the heel of the palm and with a twisting motion upon contact. As said previousely, I have not had to use or have seen this technique employed.

I disagee. I've had this done to me and have done it to another person in training and for all intensive purposes, you are dead to the world for about 8-10 seconds. I agree that it is not a long time, but enough to give you the upper hand. Very similiar to the "pimp video". It only takes a very small amount of force, using the back of your forearm. Good move to use, not fatal unless you go done with your head to the pavement.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 7:48:40 PM EDT by napalm]

Originally Posted By Rincon_11:

I disagee. I've had this done to me and have done it to another person in training and for all intensive purposes, you are dead to the world for about 8-10 seconds. I agree that it is not a long time, but enough to give you the upper hand. Very similiar to the "pimp video". It only takes a very small amount of force, using the back of your forearm. Good move to use, not fatal unless you go done with your head to the pavement.

That's a lifetime if someone's kicking your head in while you're down.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:44:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

Originally Posted By Rincon_11:

That's a lifetime if someone's kicking your head in while your down.

No doubt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:04:07 PM EDT
Most people are easy enough to knock out. Some are very hard, unless you are out to do serious brain damage. Over two decades of martial arts I've knocked out a number of people. All but 1 was by hitting the chin. The other was a solar plexus kick (pretty cool).

As others have mentioned, a hit to the base of the skull is likely to kill. And there is no secret karate chop that you see in the movies.

Get some training and then make the effort to never use that training.

D
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:49:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sader762:
Most people are easy enough to knock out. Some are very hard, unless you are out to do serious brain damage. Over two decades of martial arts I've knocked out a number of people. All but 1 was by hitting the chin.

+1

If you can get inside to deliver a uppercut they will usually go down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:59:09 AM EDT
Except for someone passing out from a dislocated shoulder, every time I've seen someone get knocked out (which isn't all that often) it was a blow to the chin driving straight up into the skull. Generally, they swayed on their feet for two or three seconds trying to fight back, then just dropped like a puppet with the strings cut. Sometimes they were out like a light.

As for a backhand/chop to the neck, I can personally attest to its being effective. I've been whacked to the side of the neck before, and while it didn't disable me it was like that entire side of my body had its funny bone hit. I've done it to people too, and again while it didn't drop them like that pimp was, it did stun them for a second or two.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:12:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 2:13:57 AM EDT by Colt_SBR]
"When in doubt, knock 'em out" - "Big" Vinny Girolamo (1948-1979) - NY Hell's Angels

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:15:50 AM EDT
Rubber spider venom! That's not fair!

Only been knocked out by drugs and fear
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:11:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 3:13:56 AM EDT by HELOBRAVO]
You can with your fist. My brother boxed and did it bare handed back in the day pretty often.
I bounced for a few years and never did it or got knocked out (and I took more than I gave...why beat up a stupid drunk when you don't have too when they are going to wake up in jail)
The only way for sure is in a specific head lock until they go down. If you don't know what your doing (trial and error )you can kill someone.
A blow to the side of the head will do it, but like a kick in the nuts, I know not to count on it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:20:40 AM EDT
A strike to the jaw moves the lower jaw 1 way or another and something about it cuts off the air immediately if the movement is enough and they are out. Mouthpieces in boxing are suppossedly worn as much to prevent the jaw from moving easily as they are to protect the teeth. At least that's what I've read./
I've been knocked out big time in a fight before with a punch from a blind side, didn't even see it coming, I just woke up laying on the pavement in blood.
Drank and ate through a straw for around 6 weeks after also.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:50:19 AM EDT
Was wrestling with a druggie once and tired a punch . He flinched and I tagged him full on the side of the head right in front of and slightly above his ear. He didn't wake up for almost 10 minutes.

I managed to break two bones in the back of my hand in the process. I suggest NEVER hitting a guy in the head unless you have a solid object in your hand.

Go for the balls instead.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:54:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
All it takes is a powershot from Squatdog.

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:59:51 AM EDT
In EMT class they have us look for bruising on the mastoid process of the occipital bone. You can feel it behind your ear. There's a muscle that connects to that spot on the bone. The reason they have us check for bruising there is it's a sign that the floor of the skull may be broken and the person may have brain damage.

It's a pretty serious thing to do, knocking somebody out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:39:21 AM EDT
I ran into a parked car playing fooball when i was a kid. Impact area was the base of my jaw. I was out like a light. My friends told me i staggered around for about 5 seconds, after that i came to but couldnt remember shit for the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:40:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sader762:
Most people are easy enough to knock out. Some are very hard, unless you are out to do serious brain damage. Over two decades of martial arts I've knocked out a number of people. All but 1 was by hitting the chin. The other was a solar plexus kick (pretty cool).

As others have mentioned, a hit to the base of the skull is likely to kill. And there is no secret karate chop that you see in the movies.

Get some training and then make the effort to never use that training.

D

In sparring gear or bear foot, but you could have the same results as a blow to the back of the head ias with a kick to the solar plexus if you are wearing a boot or a hard shoe...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:46:15 AM EDT
In randori with a guy who thought he was all bad ass and had the attitude that Judo was "just a sport", I put an Okuri Uri Jime (sliding collar choke) on him.

He would not tap out. I told him to tap if I had a choke on, he replied with a fuck you or something.

Sensei said keep it on just until he blacks out.

He pissed his pants.

When he woke up, he was real embarassed.

It was not something I would have normally done, but it was a very controlled situation.

With a properly applied choke (blood stragulation vs. airway choke) it only takes 5-10 seconds to put someone out.

Guess that's why it was called the "sleeper hold" back in the old wrestling days.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:46:30 PM EDT
That same temple nerve and blood supply run straight down through the jawbone,a quick upper cut will force the jaw bones together(compressing these nerves and blood supply)Knock out comming!!

One of the toughest SOB I ever saw was when Ken Norton broke Ali's jaw in the first round,and Ali fought for nine rounds with what would have put most men down emmediatly!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:07:42 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top