Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:04:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:12:02 PM EDT by bloodmoon]
Is it very dangerous and scary? I have some college friends who smoke daily. We are all in the criminal justice program. My buddies say they have been smoking for years. I tell them it is going to be hard to be cops if they use marijuana. They laugh and say that most police and sherrif jobs only require that you be clean for six months before hiring on. I said bullshit. They said they know two palmbeach county sherrif deputies you smoke occasionally. I said bullshit again. They proved me wrong last night when they had a friend over. If cops smoke and 4.0 college kids smoke how bad can it be. I am thinking about smoking with them as they always have hot chicks. I always wanted to smoke in the army, but was afraid of failing a piss test. But now I have almost two years before I finish my degree. So should I smoke or not
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:09:16 PM EDT
Personally I think alcohol is more dangerous, but I am not a pot smoker either.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:09:20 PM EDT
Why take a chance on a great career, dope is a waste of time and money. They do ask if you've tried marijuana and how often and how long ago. Just let your friends continue to smoke that crap and waste their money while you have a good job and have money for more important things.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:10:57 PM EDT
Don't. I have had the displeasure of seeing what chronic use of marijuana does to people, and its not good. Memory is degraded, the lungs are damaged, and motivation mostly goes down the toilet. After a while, the user becomes dependent. You can tell if they've had their toke in the morning by whether they act like your best friend or try to rip your head off.

Hang out with them while their smoking and bang their hot chicks all you want, but avoid it yourself.

PS, I have heard here that 1 year or more away from the gange is required by most agencies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:11:18 PM EDT
No, bad people will punch your Grandmother in the stomach if you smoke.

Seriously, you ask the fucking internet these questions? You ain't got the brain cells to spare buddy...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:11:32 PM EDT
bloodmoon...

don't.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:11:53 PM EDT
You will not be able to see his eyes because of Tea-Shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension, and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim. He will stagger and babble when questioned. He will not respect your authority. The Dope Fiend fears nothing. He will attack for no reason, with every weapon at his command — including yours. Beware. Any officer apprehending a suspected marijuana addict should use all necessary force immediately. One stitch in time — on him — will usually save nine — on you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:14:26 PM EDT
Wait until they make it LEGAL
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:14:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IchWarrior:

Seriously, you ask the fucking internet these questions? You ain't got the brain cells to spare buddy...

I dont know many people my age who dont abuse somthing alcohol included. I am just looking for a fresh perspective. In fact I dont know anyone who is not a stoner or cronic alcohol abuser.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:15:09 PM EDT

aye, its up to you and your own integrity.

Don't ask the boards.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:21:08 PM EDT by bloodmoon]

Originally Posted By SirDrinksAlot:

aye, its up to you and your own integrity.

Don't ask the boards.

I need a fresh perspective. Everyone I know thinks I am mormon or just to clean. Hell my girlfriend wants me to drink with her all the time. I hate being drunk. I did some of that in the army. Sometimes I wonder if the army ruined me. Most people my age have had that wild time in life. I never did I joined the army in the 11th grade I missed out on all the fun youthful shit like drinking, drugs and sex with teenage girls
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:16:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bloodmoon:

I dont know many people my age who dont abuse somthing alcohol included. I am just looking for a fresh perspective. In fact I dont know anyone who is not a stoner or cronic alcohol abuser.

Then you are hanging out with the wrong people.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:17:55 PM EDT
There are plenty of other legal ways to get a buzz. I play computer games. There's nothing like that adrenaline rush of kicking someone's ass in battlefield 2.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:18:55 PM EDT
I went to school in the late '60s, during the height of the "cultural revolution". I have seen first hand that pot use will not kill you, it won't make you a raving lunatic, but it WILL sap your determination, focus and short term memory. It's a waste of time, or at least that's the conclusion of several college friends who "lost" around 10 years of their most productive youth. It's like masturbation...feels good for awhile but won't get you closer to your goal, unless that IS your goal.

[\dadmode on] All of the people I know who used to smoke stopped after a period of time because they just got bored with it. In many states like New York, smoking pot can cost you your CCW permit as well. Is it worth losing memories of your best years, losing momentum during your most productive years, and maybe losing some of your potential opportunities and rights? [\dadmode off]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:20:33 PM EDT
id rather see someone addicted to marijunana than be addicted to alcohol. alcohol is a far more dangerous substance, psychologically and physiologically.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:21:25 PM EDT
If you start smoking pot two things will happen.
You will doom yourself to a life of mediocrity.
Your checking account will never balance again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:22:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:22:54 PM EDT by astrafire]
My observations of people who use marijuana are that they seem to be unperceptive and dull-witted. Whether the marijuana caused this or not, I do not know.

The fact that your buddies are in criminal justice does not surprise me, most crazy people are in psychology and psychiatry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:22:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDunstan:

I am in college everyone is a stoner hippie or a drunk. That is college life for pretty much everyone I know
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:24:56 PM EDT
if you are a twinky, or a bag of chips, you are in danger of marijuana users.

I dont smoke or drink (anymore)
But i cant see how anyone can say alcohol is worse than marijuana.
alcohol may even be worse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:25:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wolfgang12:
I went to school in the late '60s, during the height of the "cultural revolution". I have seen first hand that pot use will not kill you, it won't make you a raving lunatic, but it WILL sap your determination, focus and short term memory. It's a waste of time, or at least that's the conclusion of several college friends who "lost" around 10 years of their most productive youth. It's like masturbation...feels good for awhile but won't get you closer to your goal, unless that IS your goal.

[\dadmode on] All of the people I know who used to smoke stopped after a period of time because they just got bored with it. In many states like New York, smoking pot can cost you your CCW permit as well. Is it worth losing memories of your best years, losing momentum during your most productive years, and maybe losing some of your potential opportunities and rights? [\dadmode off]

That say it about as well as it can be put.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:25:42 PM EDT
Most police entry apps want to know how long it's been since you smoked.
What they are looking for is if you were smoking pot while you were thinking of becoming a cop. Smoking while earning your criminal Justice degree would qualify, I'd assume..
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:26:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dsg2003gt:
id rather see someone addicted to marijunana than be addicted to alcohol. alcohol is a far more dangerous substance, psychologically and physiologically.

true, but both are damaging in different ways. Pot's cost is measured in lost potential as well as smoking-related health problems over the long term. Alcohol is unarguably a huge but different problem. Both of my parents, my sister, 2 aunts and 1 uncle were/are alcoholic. Many of them have already died from drinking-related problems like COPD and liver failure. "I have seen the world from both sides now" as the song says.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
No worse than cigarettes or alcohol, grow your own its cheaper and you know its not mixed. First time you smoke it up, do it by yourself some people do and say some funny stuff they didn't want to.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:27:31 PM EDT
Smoke and you will not be a cop.

I have never smoked and never will. I also have a clean concience if I arrest someone who does. Furthermore it leads to a lot of other things.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:28:10 PM EDT

Is it very dangerous and scary? I have some college friends who smoke daily. We are all in the criminal justice program. My buddies say they have been smoking for years. I tell them it is going to be hard to be cops if they use marijuana. They laugh and say that most police and sherrif jobs only require that you be clean for six months before hiring on. I said bullshit. They said they know two palmbeach county sherrif deputies you smoke occasionally. I said bullshit again. They proved me wrong last night when they had a friend over. If cops smoke and 4.0 college kids smoke how bad can it be. I am thinking about smoking with them as they always have hot chicks. I always wanted to smoke in the army, but was afraid of failing a piss test. But now I have almost two years before I finish my degree. So should I smoke or not

2.0/10. You get points for picking a contentious subject, but you played too many cards in one post.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:29:42 PM EDT
I smoked quite a bit in highschool and in random spurts during my undergrad. I stopped because of several reasons. I didn't want it to hamper my career plans, family plans, or second ammendment rights. I basically quit before I really got into shooting and got married. It had nothing to do with it affecting my motivation. That's a load of crap it just attracts alot of unmotivated individuals. The thing that makes it not worth it is the legal ramifications. I'm in Dental School now and there's just no fucking way I would throw my career down the toilet for a little fun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:30:28 PM EDT
Like alcohol, it is up to the individual, not the drug. I personally know people who smoke daily, and are successful, driven, and highly motivated. I also know stoners who do nothing but smoke, play Playstation, and eat, working only to make enough money to stay in weed. It is all in the character of the person. Pot will not change a good person into a bad person or make a motivated person lazy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:30:41 PM EDT
go for it

if you drink, but won't smoke grass cause you think its dangerous, you've been brain washed or are ignorant.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:31:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDunstan:

I am in college everyone is a stoner hippie or a drunk. That is college life for pretty much everyone I know

I am in college too.
There are plenty of people who don't have dependency issues
that I associate with in my school.
If EVERYONE at your school is a pothead, then maybe you should
rethink your choice in what school you attend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:31:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoeWang:

2.0/10. You get points for picking a contentious subject, but you played too many cards in one post.

Um OK. I guess asking for advice in the general section is a no no. If you are not a duper you are obviously a troll good logic. You would do well as a nazi.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:32:23 PM EDT
Watch the movie "Reefer Madness".

That's EXACTLY how it is.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:32:46 PM EDT
Why? Peer pressure?

Maybe it's time to grow up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:35:44 PM EDT by bloodmoon]

Originally Posted By Camel:
go for it

if you drink, but won't smoke grass cause you think its dangerous, you've been brain washed or are ignorant.

very ignorant on the subject. I only know what I have been exposed to I know little about the actual costs of smoking. Or the long term effects. I know some of the members of this forum use to smoke so I am asking people who have smoked but dont anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:36:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Camel:
go for it

Except that marijuana is illegal, regardless of the science about the two drugs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:36:42 PM EDT
Its about like gas 30 bucks a week.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:37:12 PM EDT
Why smoke when you can drink

Seriously though, I only know of a few people who smoke pot, you should reconsider your friends. There are plenty of college students who dont use illegal drugs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:38:52 PM EDT
Just ask a couple of middle aged people that have been smoking since they were teenagers. You'll definately know why NOT TO SMOKE WEED!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:41:05 PM EDT by VBC]

Originally Posted By wolfgang12:
it WILL sap your determination, focus and short term memory. It's a waste of time, or at least that's the conclusion of several college friends who "lost" around 10 years of their most productive youth. [\dadmode off]

Originally Posted By sfax39:
You will doom yourself to a life of mediocrity.

Originally Posted By astrafire:
My observations of people who use marijuana are that they seem to be unperceptive and dull-witted.

About sums it up for me regarding chronic use. Everyday smoking. Also when you can't find it you waste a lot of time and effort looking. Everyday users spend about $400 a month on their habit. The few people who are highly motivated and successful who smoke would have been even more motivated and successful without it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:39:28 PM EDT
Got to go pick up the girlfriend. Look foward to hearing some more advice. Thanks will continue with discussion later
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:40:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:44:38 PM EDT by METT-T]
Marijuana will not make you stupid, lazy, forgetful or anything else. I know two people getting their PhDs, one at Harvard and one at UChicago, who smoke marijuana. Some of the most intelligent and successful people I know smoke marijuana. And some of the laziest, most worthless dirtbags I know smoke marijuana. Kinda like alcohol. Like anything else, if you use it to excess it will have negative effects such as the ones listed above. But if you use it in proper moderation it won't have any ill effects.

People in college tend to not to use either alcohol or pot in moderation. Therefore they are frequently hung over or sleep with skanks or wake up with their face covered in magic marker or are forgetful or waste an entire evening listening to The Wall on repeat. This is usually a phase, and they grow out of it, usually without any lasting effects. A minority will become alcoholics or pot heads and not be successful in life, but I tend to think this is a symptom rather than a cause.

I was pretty ambivalent about pot in high school, never tried it because I knew I'd be going into the military and never looked back. I found that I was in the minority of people in the military and even in law enforcement-most everybody else had smoked pot and a few continued to do so. At this point I don't really care about missing out on it but neither am I fiercely proud that I never used it. I just never did. It's not a big deal.

That having been said, it is illegal. That's stupid, but it's the law of the land. And it's use will not be helpful in getting a job. If you've gone this long without using it there's no reason to start. If you're looking for a social lubricant, alcohol is your smart option. Try not getting drunk but just having a few beers to chill out a little and see if you like it better.

And yes this is the wrong place to be asking these questions and what fucking military were you in where you missed out on drinking and sex?!!?? Shit, that's all we did was drink and debase ourselves with loose women.

ETA: in red
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:51:01 PM EDT by ARDunstan]

Bloodmoon,

Take a look at that.
That says a lot.
You don't need women like that.
Trust me.

ETA
You have a girlfriend.
In that case, go ahead, smoke your head off.
Dump your gf.
Who the fuck cares how she feels.
Be surrounded by those hot chicks.
They sure want your ass.
Be the pothead you always wanted to be.
Choke in smoke like Spicoli did.
Dude I'm soooo wasted!
Yea thats it.

You wanted some good advice.
You got it.
Too bad you will ignore every bit of it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 3:44:50 PM EDT by Lockedon]
Man, did you pick the wrong crowd to ask this question...

1) Marijuana is not dangerous at all. Don't believe the hype.
2) Marijuana does not make you stupid, nor does it cause loss of short-term memory (as proven in a recent study)
3) Using marijuana does not make you a loser. If you believe that it does, please turn off your TV and think for yourself.
4) Not everyone who smokes marijuana ends every sentence in "dude" or "totally awesome" or "extreme"
5) It was a good experience in my opinion.
6) Being High is worlds better than being drunk.
7) And also: I'm a senior in college with a 3.75GPA and a double major in History and Anthropology.

interesting list Even Jesus made the list!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:41:54 PM EDT
My Bro is a LEO in London UK
His outlook is...

Walking down the road.
Two large groups of males outside two pubs.
One group "drunk"
One group "high" (weed)

He'd happily move on those who are "high"
Those who are "drunk" will fight like their lives depended upon it.

He is totaly anti-drugs
But he'd rather deal with smokers than drinkers.

He's not a hypocrite...he just has his hands tied.

Cannabis was reclassified here in the UK from a Class B to a Class C drug

Less penalty if caught. Now the government wants to reclassify it as a class B.

I wish they would make their minds up and send out a cohearent unified message.

I have nothing to do with drugs as it would prohibit me from owning firearms here in the UK but the messages I see are all contradicting each other.

I have met many people from all walks of life who I found out smoked a bit of "weed"
They were honest hard working pillars of the community.
How's that?

I thought the only way Cannabis could kill you was if a tonne of it landed on your head.

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:45:06 PM EDT
Let's see...How dangerous is dope ?

AFTER the Captain fines you, then takes a couple stripes off your arm, then you lose your security clearance, then you throw away 17 years service, then your peers shun you because they will no longer trust you with their lives, you may as well pick out a bridge abutment to drive into because you've throw it all away just to get stupid.

But hey, your results may vary.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:46:42 PM EDT
My ex-BIL used to smoke dope like a fiend, and had 4 children with the same woman-his 1st wife. Both of them smoked dope extensively, and 3 of their children were just not as sharp as the other kids. I'm convinced that the THC affected their pregnancies and didn't do the kids any favors. These were two sharp people, that by all accounts would've produced normal mental capacity kids.

IMO, stay away from it if you ever want to produce children.

HH
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:48:12 PM EDT
If you drink too much water at one time, you will drown.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:51:24 PM EDT
Ever met a gun nut who smoked pot?
Course not - they had to sell all their guns to finance the other hobby.

If you smoke pot regularly, it will become your hobby...just let that sink in.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:52:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EX11B:
if you are a twinky, or a bag of chips, you are in danger of marijuana users.

I dont smoke or drink (anymore)
But i cant see how anyone can say alcohol is worse than marijuana.
alcohol may even be worse.

Read this very very closely. Read it again. This is what pot does to you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:56:52 PM EDT
Here, read this:

www.dss.mil/nf/adr/drugs/drugsF.htm

That's basically how any future .gov agency or PD is going to view your drug use.

Key graph:

For psychologically healthy individuals, some experimentation with drugs is usually benign. For others who already have some emotional or psychological problem, drug use easily becomes part of a broad pattern of self-destructive behavior. Ref 8 For more information, see Drug Use as a Mental Health Indicator.

Again, best if you don't try it. No reason to-no temporary high is worth the mark on your permanent record. But not the end of the world if you do.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 4:00:56 PM EDT by FLAL1A]
IMO, the risks are:

1. Chronic use can make you lazy and stupid, and I don't know whether you can turn back into a normal person after becoming a useless pothead.

2. Chronic use can make you get fat (munchies are for real) and/or grow tits. No shit. It somehow futzes up your hormones. I have a pretty skinny (6'2", 175ish) male relative with a 20+ year pot habit (and, admittedly, a successful business he built himself) and a pretty handsome pair of B-cups.

3. It's not good for your lungs.

4. It can get you arrested and thereby wreck your life, depending on your career plans.

OTOH, you can grow and smoke all the poison ivy you want (which may very likely kill you DRT) without worrying about #4. Thank God for the government.

Here's what I told my kids:

It probably won't hurt you, but I promise, you will not be doing anything noteworthy in the way of self-improvement by trying it. I can also attest to the fact that you already know what it feels like to be sluggish, stupid, silly, hungry, and oblivious to your surroundings, which pretty much sums up the experience. I can promise that if you use you'll be breaking the law, associating with criminals, and risking arrest, and when you wake up in jail, you will not be thinking "Killer buzz. That was worth a night in jail and an arrest record."

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:59:12 PM EDT
Would you rather go to a LE interview and have a clean slate, or be stressed out about answering questions about your past drug use? Some agencies might not care how long ago you used and some will, especially in more conservative areas. It's hard enough to get hired somewhere decent without an extra negative against you. Might not be fair to hire a drunk over someone who smoked dope a few times, but that's the way it goes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top