Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/20/2002 10:49:52 AM EDT
Check this out: I've been doing all my research and homework to purchase an M1A Scout Squad and have been doing my part to sell the idea to my wife (you know the "how is that different from your other ones? answers) well, earlier this week she tells me that since I was going to get it around October/November with some profits from our house sale, she concluded (on her own) that I should go get it now so I could have it for the summer, when I shoot the most. So, I went and got it yesterday! Damn, is she cool or what?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:59:09 AM EDT
COOL! I am blessed also with a similar wife story my B-day was a few days ago, so I am expecting regular shit you know socks and stuff... But in she comes with an upper made by COLT! and a new cleaning kit (tool box) full of stuff plus a neat accu-wedge! I am so happy I married her!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:00:50 AM EDT
I too have a real cool wife! She is the only woman I ever met who didn't have a problem with my gun collection, thinks the Government is full of sh*t, is drop dead beautiful, a wonderful cook, and can shoot the balls off a gnat at 75 yards. So I did the only logical thing...I married her! "Welcome to Idaho, The Standoff State" Ps. And no she is not standing behind me with a gun to my head!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:00:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2002 11:02:30 AM EDT by KBaker]
I freakin' LOVE my wife. True story: When we got married, I had a thoroughly trashed '68 390GT Mustang on jackstands in my garage - basket case. I'd bought it with plans to rebuild it, but the further apart it came, the worse it looked. So, it sat collecting dust. About two years after we were married, she decided to come with me to the big Mustang club show. As we were walking around looking, I spotted the Mustang of my dreams (or as close as I've ever gotten,) a '67 Fastback, 390 - it was even the right [i]color[/i] - a deep, dark metallic blue. Almost gunmetal. You have to have good light or be right on top of it to see that it isn't black. While I'm oogling the thing from the 3/4 rear view, she walks around front. And says (and I quote verbatim, because these words seared themselves into my psyche:) [size=3][red]"It's for sale. He only wants $10,000. Do you want to buy it?"[/size=3][/red] After I recovered from my shock, I said "Are you serious?!?!" and then [size=3][center][red][b]YES![/b][/red][/center][/size=3] It's parked in my garage right now. Our 7th anniversary is coming up next week. No, you can't have her. I'm NOT letting her get away.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:10:22 AM EDT
You guys are so lucky! When I was married, my wife complained about the few guns I did buy and when I would go hunting on the weekends she would spend the whole time running up the credit cards buying clothes. When I divorced her, she was so angry that she insisted that since we were married, half of the guns were hers. She even wanted my .44 magnum. I had an easy out though, I just reminded her that since she was a convicted felon that it was illegal for her to own any firearms. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:20:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2002 11:23:34 AM EDT by TexasAg]
Soon after I purchased my full size AR-15, my wife asked "don't they make a smaller one of those??" We now have a 16" carbine version to keep the full size one company! And she is a damn good shot with her 40 S&W auto. She even helps me pack Win Q3131A and SA battlepack ammo to the truck during the Houston shows. ....and yep, tall slim redhead...life is good!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:22:12 PM EDT
MY wife would not give me back my Series 70 1911, so I had to buy her a Hi Power. I just bought a Winchester 94 in 45 Colt. She is fine with it, Just told me a need to buy lots of ammo so when I do my next qualification....I shot the pants of everyone! Ok she is my third wife, I traded the other two in, they were not gun friendly!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2002 12:29:06 PM EDT by redray]
my wife is so cool, she's frigid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:26:32 PM EDT
My wife is so cool that when we came into some serious money, she wants a Class3 AUG and M4's. I'm living the high life! The local sherrif signed off on the Form 4's without a blink.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:30:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:45:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2002 12:47:28 PM EDT by AR-10]
I take my wife to gun shops or gun shows as frequently as possible. She has [b]never[/b] seen an ammo purchase as frivolous,and quite often she will twist my arm at the gun store while I am eyeing a firearm. "You know you want it, you might as well just get it now." Then I hem and haw while other patrons stand there looking at me like "what the hell are you waiting for?". I love that part.[:D] Every once in a while she finds one she just has to have. She gets it, of course. Fair is fair.[:)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:23:51 PM EDT
this post makes me sad. (but happy for those who are doin' well!)[:)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:21:14 PM EDT
I guess we're all lucky guys! I also have a VERY understanding wife. She's so great she bought 9mm ammo for my SIG on our anniversary and even gift wrapped it! Never blinks an eye when I say I'm going shooting and supports me on all my gun purchases.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:06:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:11:21 PM EDT
I dunno. I haven't met her yet.[;)] Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:21:47 PM EDT
I am new here. This is my first post. I saw this and had to post. I have the greatest wife in the world. She hates guns and has no interest in shooting them, but always says "Just buy it. If you don't you'll kick yourself." She will buy me ammo and accessories and go with me to gun shows. On top of all this she is gorgeous,smart,funny,and will do anything for me.I've got it made!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:35:59 PM EDT
....and yep, tall slim redhead...life is good!![/quote] Man, you gotta LOVE a redhead!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:38:49 PM EDT
My wifes so cool she's with me ths weekend at the mid Mo shoot shooting .50s. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:40:50 PM EDT
I met my wife at an tactical handgun match and we still shoot together. My first two gifts from her after we met were an M3 Tactical Handgun Light and a .22 conversion kit for a Glock. Her Valentine's Day gift request......a set of night sights for one of her Glocks. Looking for an AR for her now, at her request, she wants her own. Attractive, educated (Master's, soon to be working on her Doctorate), loves to shoot, and doesn't care what I buy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:52:53 PM EDT
Six months before we got married my wife said "its either your guns or me". As I put on my coat, said its been nice knowing you, the fact that your wife does not have the last word in everything struck home. 32 years later, she still hates guns(knives, etc.) but finally gave in and ok'd my getting my pistol license(NY). Thats a woman.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:19:29 PM EDT
My wife went with me the day I went to the gun store to put my final payment on a NIB preban Colt and pick it up. While I was waiting I was playing with a H&K USP .40 Compact. She aked me if I liked it, I said heck yea, so she went back the next day and put it on lay-away for my birthday without telling me about it. 4 months later on my birthday she took me out shopping and asked if I wanted any ammo for my birthday. Yep, so we went to the gun store. After I had paid for the ammo the owner told me I had forgot something and handed me a birthday wrapped box with the same USP .40 Compact in it. My wife is a keeper, I love her so very much!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2002 10:40:09 PM EDT by RBAD]
Originally Posted By FrankSquid: Well, my wife hates to shoot and really doesn't like guns. That is why she is SO wonderful, she knows that I am safe and that I enjoy them so she doesn't break my balls about having guns. That, my friends, is TRULY understanding wife. (Now if I could only convince her that it is OK to have a girlfriend on the side, I will be set!)
View Quote
Did you train her during your "days in the navy" ? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:37:03 AM EDT
My wife felt bad over our engagement because she got a ring and I got nothing. To "make things right," she got a pre-ban PWA carbine. I got an engagement gun. That was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:00:17 AM EDT
My wife is cool and by cool I mean totally sweet! I love her with my whole body, even my pee pee. Sorry, I just had to do that. -White Horse
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:09:30 AM EDT
It's been 24 years married, and another 6 or 7 dating before that. She's really cool, too, and BOUGHT ME TWO GUNS IN ONE WEEK! The story: I get home a month ago and there are two boxes on the basement floor: A Senco FramePro 600 pneumatic nailing gun and a Senco Accuset pneumatic staping gun. She said: "Happy Birthday early, honey. While you are on vacation next week you can frame up the two walls in the basement and finish them for the rec room we have talked about." Two guns, five days, a $1,200 budget, and no neighbor to "Trade Spaces" with, but it was done; wiring, carpet, paint and art projects! I would be still swinging a hammer if it wasn't for my wife, bless her! Noah
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:09:53 AM EDT
Where do you guys find these gems? I need to find one for myself [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:50:29 AM EDT
Way cool! Another keeper, the wife that is!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:04:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By out-a-ammo: You guys are so lucky! When I was married, my wife complained about the few guns I did buy and when I would go hunting on the weekends she would spend the whole time running up the credit cards buying clothes. When I divorced her, she was so angry that she insisted that since we were married, half of the guns were hers. She even wanted my .44 magnum. I had an easy out though, I just reminded her that since she was a convicted felon that it was illegal for her to own any firearms. [:D]
View Quote
sounds like a interesting story... do tell.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:20:13 AM EDT
Last year before my birthday I was moaning and growning about wanting a Beta Mag. My wife gets on the phone with Rueben and Bammm 2 Betas show up on my B-day with Birthday wishes to Boot, from Rueben himself! I am the luckiest man in the world to have snagged her and I try to show it all the time. God I love her!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:32:43 AM EDT
Well, she did buy me a Kimber Custom Eclipse for our first anniversary. She was a total anti when we met but has come around. She doesn't like guns, but she loves jewelry and I compared the two to bring us to a common understanding. I then asked her what she would do if she found out that they were about to ban diamonds. She has been pretty good about me getting new guns as long as I have the money. Of course she gets new jewelry when I get a new gun. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:39:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:57:21 AM EDT
Hehehe... I was just kidding ! [:D] If you promise not to come over and kick my ass...---> I'll treat you and your wife to dinner at the best damn calamari place in Noo Joyzee. (Angelo's in Harrison) [img]http://rbad.ar15.com/franksquid.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:16:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:06:20 PM EDT
Three years ago my wife hated guns. She watched that Cuban kid being liberated by the gov't and said that's it I need a pistol permit those bastards are not getting my kids. I wasn't about to remind her our son was the only living kid we had and that he was 22 years old. Today if we go to the range it's usually because she's bugging me. I do shoot long range without her, she hasn't taken up the interest. If I'm going I get a kiss and an "enjoy yourself, shoot well". 26 years and counting. Gerry
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:21:22 PM EDT
I've been married 13 years this month, and still can't believe my luck. She has put up with more of my "hobbies" than I ever had a right to expect. I have a sweet acoustic guitar collection that she went along with a really nice custom guitar display case. Later, when I got back into guns after hiatus while having 3 kids with her I got back into it. I got my FFL as a sideline and even encourages me to buy NFA items as they do tend to appreciate. She hasn't gone shooting with me yet as she's incredibly busy, 3 kids under 12. But once she does I see her with a nice USPc in 9mm in her purse. Oh, she looks damn good too!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:43:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:05:58 PM EDT
franksquid the MARINE during a post hernia op check-up. [img]http://www.oceanlab.abdn.ac.uk/archi/archpic.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:48:45 PM EDT
My wife is a true hottie..not only does she go to the range with me, but she doesn't care what I buy. When she went to plain clothes she gave me her Glock 27 for by backup. I didn't trust the Sigma .380 I had been using. When I decided I had to have an AK, I asked her if she remembered our conversation earlier about her not caring what I bought. She said "Yes." I said good, because I had a new SAR 1 in the trunk!!!! Her dad is also big time into skeet/trap shooting. He even took me once. I say once because I almost blasted the house....
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:49:02 PM EDT
I too count myself as very lucky. My wife totally understands my gun obsession, and doesn't bitch when I get a new gun or order cases of ammo. Pretty, she can cook, and always by my side. I couldn't ask for more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:55:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI: I too count myself as very lucky. My wife totally understands my gun obsession, and doesn't bitch when I get a new gun or order cases of ammo. Pretty, she can cook, and always by my side. I couldn't ask for more.
View Quote
I can vouch for the cooking and patients for having gun nuts in her house. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2002 5:41:47 PM EDT by ShamusMcOI]
Originally Posted By AR-SNIPER-15:
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI: I too count myself as very lucky. My wife totally understands my gun obsession, and doesn't bitch when I get a new gun or order cases of ammo. Pretty, she can cook, and always by my side. I couldn't ask for more.
View Quote
I can vouch for the cooking and patients for having gun nuts in her house. [:D]
View Quote
Yes, she is amazingly tolerant of having a house full of wacko gun nuts. AND she doesn't mind cooking for them. But when her husband mutates into the drunk stereo nazi, that's another story. [:)] NOT that I can blame her!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:48:22 PM EDT
How about this: Year before last an Armalite AR 15 for Christmas. A few years before that, a Dillon 1050. A little while after the 1050 I put an M1 carbine on layaway. Went down to make a payment and she payed it off. Today, together, we shot a three gun match at our club. She did well with the rifle portion and surprized me with the shotgun segment, using a borrowed 11-87. Looks like there might be one in my future. We shoot action pistol together all the time. And we PRACTICE together! She'll come home with blisters from working so hard with her 686, and it shows when she shoots the steel. She loves Rush Limbaugh, and if it's possible, is more conservative than I. She's funny, sexy, SMART, and a really big tease. I couldn't find anyone I'd rather be with if I searched a thousand years. Did I mention, tall good looking red head?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:07:17 PM EDT
How could have forgotten this???!!! For a surprise engagement present my hottie gave me a OSHP stamped Beretta 96D.She also encouraged me to go to BulletfestIII. PS. Thanks Lumpy 223, you let me share your tent. Your female relative enjoyed shooting my AR15A3. It was the first AR she ever shot.
Top Top