Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 11:16:06 AM EDT
I had been contenplating on getting a .22 pistol as an inexpensive way to practice.  So today, since the gunshop was between the post office and Burger King (in route taken, not literally next door), I stopped in to look and compare so I could make an educated decision.

Well that educated decision took about 2 minutes!!!!!!!!   And looking, went to, well you all know what happens next.

While my girlfriend loves to shoot, I fear this may have gone one too far.  Hopefully she will realize that was a very inexpensive gun (He had a gorgeous Garand that I really wanted!!!) and not shove it my hind quarters.

Anyway, why is so impossible to just go to a gun store and look?  I think I may have addiction or something!  
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
A gun store next to a post Office?

Good Marketing Strategy!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Garand Shooter,

I did not get a close look at it.  They owner said it was a numbers matching original.  Had I looked at it, I likely would have bought it.  Which is why I left it alone.

I am also under orders to supply the girlfriend with certain equipment to upgrade her status from girlfriend.  Hence spending 1,000 on a new gun would likely get it placed somewhere where I can't reach the trigger easily!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]
From girlfriend to what?  Brass bunny?  Range caddy?  Don't see the problem....
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey garand shooter, I have a garand given to me by an old gentleman for fixing his car and other odd jobs. I don't think it's a GI version though, It has a 6,000,000 plus serial # made by springfield. I was told it is a commercial version produced in the late 60's. It is like new, has nm sights and appears to be glass bedded. a gorgeous gun, but are they as good as GI ? what would it be worth ? should I trade or sell for a real one ?
Thanks, 51 out...
[x]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the Springfield Garands I received from CMP is in the 5,920,xxx range and is reported to have been made in 1955-1957.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top