Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/3/2003 10:09:25 AM EDT
I can't understand why so few ARFcom users put so little info in the users info part of the site. It is frustrates me, that when I click on a users info to see a little more info on them, like where their from, what's their basic bio, etc., there is nothing there to see. Are people afraid to put in personal info for fear it may be used against them, or if not why don't ya'll add anything?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:10:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:12:53 AM EDT
We [i]could[/i] tell you, but then we'd have to kill you...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:17:39 AM EDT
[peep]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:27:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:30:22 AM EDT
I'd rather control who knows what facts about me. There are about 60 people, or more who know who I am from here....it's about control of my information. Why not add your social security number, mother's maiden name, and maybe one bank you use? I can do the rest. [;D] For some, you can be anything you want on the internet, real names get in the way of that, huh?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:30:44 AM EDT
How, excatly, is that any of your buisness [;)] Hell, there are pics of me floating around, what more do you want?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:31:06 AM EDT
Identity theft?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:32:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:34:27 AM EDT
I have already recieved threats from people here. One guy even said he was going to track me down.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:34:38 AM EDT
Where's the "Too lazy" choice?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:35:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2003 10:37:04 AM EDT by SHIVAN458]
Originally Posted By brasspile: Shivan, is that a KIA in your bio??
View Quote
Sure is. Wanna race??? [;D] [size=1]In case you were not just being silly, it's a Subaru WRX[/size=1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:36:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2003 10:39:21 AM EDT by tequilabob]
my info is correct, most women call me dixie normus. why do you want my phone number?? just go to [url]http://www.kc-audio.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:46:12 AM EDT
I've personally met many of the board members over the last few years, used my real name, ect. That said, screw the general public [BD]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:56:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2003 10:57:45 AM EDT by Balzac72]
I put enough facts to show that I'm not "hiding behind a name" like some dickweed said last week as he was fucking over Jrzy. However, I'm a firearm owner and I don't need some bigger dickweed coming to my house and stealing my firearms because I posted my address/phone number or whatnot on Arfcom. The other reason is a combo of #1 and #2. Why make it easy to be harrassed? Also - there's no reason that people need more info than I posted. If I know them, I give my info out anyway. People that need more than that aren't using it to send out Christmas cards.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:05:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tequilabob: my info is correct, most women call me dixie normus. why do you want my phone number?? just go to [url]http://www.kc-audio.com/[/url]
View Quote
I see you put a picture of you girl in you Avitar, & user info section. Is her name Rosie Palm?[lol][:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:09:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Searcherfortruth: I can't understand why so few ARFcom users put so little info in the users info part of the site. It is frustrates me, that when I click on a users info to see a little more info on them, like where their from, what's their basic bio, etc., there is nothing there to see. Are people afraid to put in personal info for fear it may be used against them, or if not why don't ya'll add anything?
View Quote
Hell, if you really want to know, give me a call. I'm in the book (Tipton IN).
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:09:45 AM EDT
I have a pretty complete informational packet. Nothing really fascinating, though... just enough.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:11:32 AM EDT
I always wondered the same thing. I thought the bio stuff would be helpful in establishing the credentials of those with opinions. I don't worry too much about stuff like that. As Clint Smith says, "If you're worried about getting on some list, you're probably already on the list."
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:12:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:19:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: does the name "arock" mean anything to you? mike
View Quote
[LOLabove] [peep]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:20:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2003 11:23:18 AM EDT by Lion_Dog]
Personal security. I am going to be (unless some family emergency takes me out of the loop) at the 7/5 to meet some faces behind the pseudonyms, make some new friends. NJ is a bit of a guarded house when it comes to guns, I believe. If it were up to me no man or government would know anything about what firearms I have or don't have unless I WANT them to. "Publishing" anything here or anywhere else on the internet could be problematic for the future. Edited b/c my grammar need an edjumacshun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:25:52 AM EDT
someone may call your employer and try to get you fired because they don't like internet shit talk
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:51:19 AM EDT
I don't trust people with guns. My name is Ray, I live in CT and I like to drink iced coffee on hot summer days. The caffeine shakes do a number on my accuracy when I am at the range, but who cares? I have met some of my fellow ARFCommers, and they know my full name, my age (it always seems to be my birthday at Hooters, though) and that I like Guinness. I am not hiding behind my screen name (which is used elsewhere), but I will not always volunteer info, as to prevent being abducted, probed and used in scientific experiments. I will be happy to share more of my information when there is establishment of mutual interest. I registered with the forum so I could pick up girls. All the magazines I have read, it seems women seem to want an air of mystery around a potential mate, so I purposely leave my bio empty. My mother's maiden name does not match my last name, so being worried about ID theft, it is one less last name a criminal needs to sift through to find her maiden name. My mom always told me not to talk or go with strangers, and no one gets stranger than the users of [url]www.ar15.com[/url]. I am scared of users from this board, and other firearms-related forums coming to get me in the night, so I drink lots of iced coffee to stay awake in the darkened corner of my room. Although, the iced coffee gives me real bad shakes that I try to fix with cheap wine, it still does a number on me, kinda like a poor-man's speedball. The only time it really affects me, is trying to control my breathing when shooting. Good thing I can use the window sill to steady the weapon, just in case folks from hkpro.com or sigforum.com want to take my precious bodily fluids. I am sure there are rogue agents from the IRS lurking these boards looking for me. I don't tell anyone on the internet where I hide all that cash for I don't want to pay taxes on it any of it. I stole it fair and square! The IRS should go after the hard working Americans who are easy to find. They shouldn't waste time and resources trying to find me. I will pay with pennies and dimes. I don't wear a tinfoil hat, so please don't tell me to tighten it. I have found the tinfoil reduces the effectiveness of reading other people's minds. I know what they are planning and I don't like it one bit! I am keeping all my GP90 and no one else can use it! [b]Press Hard, You Are Making Three Copies[/b] I never press hard, as I never know where those other copies are going and why isn't there a Privacy Act Statement on forms outside of the military, why do they want that info? I know they are using it against me. Did you know you can tell where people are from based on the first three digits of the SSN? I don't want them getting that close to me. I don't hear voices in my head, they come from the TV. They tell me to drink more coffee and eat late at Wendy's. I get scared because my first girlfriend's name was Wendy and her dad owns a lot of guns. I am sure the voices want me dead because I would surely end up that way if I went to her house late at night, raided the fridge and woke her dad. Wendy doesn't live at home anymore and it's the only address I still have. The voices know that. The only time the voices stop is when I sleep, but I can't sleep for fear my precious bodily fluids will be stolen, see my predictament? I am so conflicted. If I eat at Wendy's, I will surely die and if I lose my precious bodily fluids, I will surely die. All I can do is drink more coffee and turn down the volume on the TV. That seems to help. Then, the lack of sleep brings on its own hallucinations. I read posts on the forums, dream (hallucinate) about dogs wearing MARPAT and trying to remember what kind of gun was in HEAT and try to figure out what a DIAS is and why people want one. But, if you want to know about an RDIAS, everything is OK? I guess having an R in front of anything is good. Good thing both my real name and my screen name start with R. I am sure if I got rid of the R, I would be royally screwed and I could not be mentioned on this forum. Would I still exist? Would anyone care? Would I be shunned from ARFCom functions? Would it be OK to have a RBOTD forum or thread outside of the Team Forum? Searcher; I am sorry that the lack of BIO info provided by members frustrates you, but we have our reasons. -934, with an R
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:55:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Searcherfortruth:
Originally Posted By tequilabob: my info is correct, most women call me dixie normus. why do you want my phone number?? just go to [url]http://www.kc-audio.com/[/url]
View Quote
I see you put a picture of you girl in you Avitar, & user info section. Is her name Rosie Palm?[lol][:D]
View Quote
like i always say. a push in the bush is better than a gland in the hand [sex] but then again, if you turn your hand thumb in, its feels like someone else is doing it for you [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:00:43 PM EDT
Noneya
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:06:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Searcherfortruth: I can't understand why so few ARFcom users put so little info in the users info part of the site. It is frustrates me, that when I click on a users info to see a little more info on them, like where their from, what's their basic bio, etc., there is nothing there to see. Are people afraid to put in personal info for fear it may be used against them, or if not why don't ya'll add anything?
View Quote
It's because of nosey bastards like you I dont.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:19:27 PM EDT
How come ya'll dont put any real information in your info box?
View Quote
Why would you want to stay up at nights reading that shyte?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:49:02 PM EDT
I just think it's interesting to see where some is coming from when they make an interesting, or unusual post. I'm not looking to steel any identities. And my apologies to you Raven, & anyone else who feels I'm being nosey. Wasn't my intent to be like dat.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:40:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By racer934: I don't trust people with guns. ...a lot of yada yada... My name is Ray, -934, with an R
View Quote
Hey I like RAY and I don't even know him, but this man needs an enema! [Rofl2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:48:49 PM EDT
I'm cautious with information I provide based on past experiences. One of which is finding out people on this board saved my picture and posted on another board. Kinda creepy and sick to me. TT [wave]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:53:59 PM EDT
Why should I make John Walsh's job any easier?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:36:32 PM EDT
Searcherfortruth, I'll tune my bio up and post it later. Minimum words maximum impact!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:59:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:24:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lion_Dog: Hey I like RAY and I don't even know him, but this man needs an enema! [Rofl2]
View Quote
Thanks, L_D! Not sure if I need an enema... Not sure I like the sound of that. -934
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:00:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By racer934:
Originally Posted By Lion_Dog: Hey I like RAY and I don't even know him, but this man needs an enema! [Rofl2]
View Quote
Thanks, L_D! Not sure if I need an enema... Not sure I like the sound of that. -934
View Quote
LOL. I made the "waterworks" comment for a giggle, please take no offense.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:40:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PONY_DRIVER: Where's the "Too lazy" choice?
View Quote
Same here. I don't wanna type anymore than I have to *note irony*.
Top Top