Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2001 5:33:23 AM EDT
are being loaded to my computer when I post here on this board? It started with the upgrade, why! This is why I will not e-mail any of you!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
whaaaaaat???  [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
All your computers are belong to us. Did you live under powerlines as a kid? If you dont like all the files uploading on your computer....snicker, snicker......quit posting these stupid posts. However, they are quite entertaining.

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Do this to get rid of them:

Click on "tools", open "internet options", click on "settings", then on "view files".
Then go to "edit", "select all" then DELETE.

All gone, no more secret, UN government spy-cookies.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone remember the old Buffalo Springfield song 'For What It's Worth'?

Paranoia strikes deep,
into your life it will creep,
starts when YOU'RE ALWAYS AFRAID,
step outta line,
the man come and take you away.
View Quote

Anyone else think it fits here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
For you smart ass know it alls I have the software that identifies, it while it is happening, it then transfers it to another disk as, shall we say, for the record!

And the best part, on reboot it deletes all this little packets before the disk can lock, boy there really are some real idiots on this board!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
If your firewall software is good to go, it'll log the IP where the stuff originated. This site also logs IPs, if I recall correctly. The administrators may be able to help you out here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#7]
.....hmmmmm.
It's true.
There are WAY too many cookies being sent to my computer from this sight.
What's the story, Goatboy?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
boy there really are some real idiots on this board!
View Quote

Have you read some of your own posts? Although there are a lot of cookies, Im pretty sure Goatboy doesnt have some big conspiracy worked up. Take off your foil hat, go outside and get some sunshine, and you will see the world is still a decent place to live....just watch out for the black helicoptors!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For you smart ass know it alls I have the software that identifies, it while it is happening, it then transfers it to another disk as, shall we say, for the record!

And the best part, on reboot it deletes all this little packets before the disk can lock, boy there really are some real idiots on this board!
View Quote

Ummmmmmm... These are what we refer to as "cached" files.  EVERY computer has to do this in order to receive anything on the internet! Being a web programmer myself, I can assure you that this is perfectly normal.  

Every single icon, logo, or any other type of image is downloaded as a seperate file, not to mention the actual webpage itself.

If you visit our home page ([url]www.castle-arms.com[/url]), just from loading the page, you will have downloaded a minimum of 30 files.

[*] As for paranoia: Last night there were 2 planes repeatedly dropping white parachute flares over our area in a grid pattern...   Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm with antiUSSA on this...

Think about the kind of info that has to be kept track of.  Which topics have you viewed already, which you haven't, auto-login info, etc. are all information which needs to be kept track of somewhere.  This info could be kept on the server, but that would be more overhead on the ar15 servers, and your potentially sensitive info would be resting in the hands of other people (no offense Goatboy).

The alternative is storing all that info on your computer, which distributes the work and keeps data about you where it belongs, on your computer.

So suck it up, and eat a few cookies.  They're good for you.

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Try this.  Go into DOS, and type in "fdisk"  (no quotes).  Then it asks u a question.  Answere yes.  Then keep answereing the questions as if you [b]did[/b] want to do the thing you just said yes to.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [}:D]

Just kidding, dont do that.  It will wipe your hard drive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top