Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 7:36:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 7:36:13 PM EDT by Wash-Ar15]
I am the youngest of 3children .Girl/boy/boy. All through my life i have never developed closeness to them. We don't have the same interest or friends. i only see them on certain occasion like christmas and mothers day etc. I ahve many freinds that seem quite closed to thier sibling and they do things together all the time.Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me because I am not close to them. I think this developed because as a child they picked on and ridiculed me mecilessly because I was the youngest.Their families often do thing together but never call us and ask us to participate.

Should i just let it be go on with my life as is?
Or should I try to reach out to them and see what happens?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:37:49 PM EDT
I'm 8 years older than my sister. We rarely speak, other than a rare comment in each other's blogs. I usually see her once a year when she comes home for Christmas.

She's a totally different person, we have basically nothing in common.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 7:40:21 PM EDT by DK-Prof]
I wouldn't piss on my brother if he was on fire.

Not that he was particularly mean to me as a kid, or anything - he just has a really ugly personality, and is not the kind of person I'd like to be around.

Since I didn't CHOOSE him as a "friend" or anything else, it hasn't bothered me to walk away and not look back. This just came up in another thread - I've only seen him once in the last 13 years (and that only to make my folks happy for a family get-together). I assume I'll have to deal with him when my parents die, but hopefully that'll be the last time I ever see him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:39:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 7:41:04 PM EDT by Jack19]
Not at all.

Haven't seen any of my blood relations in almost 9 years; and spoken to them only at obligatory funerals over the last 20. They are not nice people.

Reach out. You'll be sorry if you don't. If you're rejected, at least you can say you made the attempt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:41:07 PM EDT
I would die for my brother and he would me.

We enlisted together and served together.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:41:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I wouldn't piss on my brothers if they were on fire.

Not that he was particularly mean to me as a kid, or anything - he just has a really ugly personality, and is not the kind of person I'd like to be around.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:43:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:44:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 7:46:36 PM EDT by WizardOfAhs]
I've not seen or heard from my brothers and sister in more than 25 years. I'm "the middle kid". They barely keep in touch with eachother, however, when they were asked why they don't keep in touch with me, the answer is that it's because I'm only a "half brother". (As opposed to a half sister? Fun with fractions??) So, who gives a shit? I'm betting that I'm not missing out on anything.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:53:29 PM EDT
im the youngest too my sister is 3 years older than me and we are pretty close
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:56:58 PM EDT
My younger brother and sister died last year. I'm sorry we weren't closer but I went to college and got a very different life. We, however did see each other at least 5 times a year. Both of them ended with kids in prison I have a son in the 82nd and a son with the Devil Rays.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:30:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 8:31:22 PM EDT by NimmerMehr]
My little sis and I are 8 years apart. I burned her stuffed animals and threw small rocks at her to make her leave me alone. She is 19 and I am 28. We don't talk. Ever.

Edit: Except when I visit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:40:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WizardOfAhs:
I've not seen or heard from my brothers and sister in more than 25 years. I'm "the middle kid". They barely keep in touch with eachother, however, when they were asked why they don't keep in touch with me, the answer is that it's because I'm only a "half brother". (As opposed to a half sister? Fun with fractions??) So, who gives a shit? I'm betting that I'm not missing out on anything.

My brother is a half brother (different fathers) and I couldn't care less. He's my brother, that, to me, is among the closest of all bonds. I don't see him every day or anything, normally maybe once a month, but he's still one of my best friends.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 8:49:14 PM EDT by bull_8]
well I definitely know that I am OFF one of my sisters' christmas card lists after she wrote a letter to my parents ranting and raving about them as well as the rest of the family and I told her she needed to seek counselling .......FAST

They say the truth hurts
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:50:06 PM EDT
Baby of the family here and I'm close to my older brother and sister but my oldest brother is a whack job and his wife is a bitch
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:52:25 PM EDT
We're all pretty much estranged. My sister lives five minutes from me. We don't visit. My brother just moved to Phoenix. He hasn't bothered to give me any contact information - no address, no phone number, no email. He, however, is estranged from the whole family. He and his wife don't even come for Christmas. His daughter, my neice, still lives in Tucson and has contact with my parents.

My wife says we're weird. I don't mind it. (Me living it, or her saying it.)
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 8:54:52 PM EDT by yobo]
I'm the oldest of three (boy, boy, girl) and we are each 3 years apart.
I'm close to my brother physically and emotionally and we see each other atleast one a week. He live 3 miles from me and I sometimes babysit his son. My sister as I are just like each other. She loves to fish, shoot, go camping, etc. She and I have always been very close. She lives like 25 miles away and we see each other almost every week.

I'm very close to my parents and they live only 2 miles away so almost every Saturday night my brother's family, my sister and my family all go over to my parent's house for dinner. We spend the evening cooking and doing some fishing out back and then eating and talking late into the night.

I'm also very close to my wife's family and we spend a lot of time together too. My wife's sister and brother are like my own brother and sister. When my wife and I were dating we used to take her sister and brother with us when we went out... sorta babysitting.

My family and my wife's family all get together every Thanksgiving at someone's house... usually my house since I deep fry the turkey every year.

You should see our hectic Christmas and New Years schedule.

Lets face it, nothing in this world is more important to us than our family.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:56:47 PM EDT
I'm pretty close to my 2 older sisters. I'm only 19 and they are like 28 and 23, so time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:01:37 PM EDT
5-2=3, and that was the two I got along with... Enough said!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:03:41 PM EDT
I'm the oldest of three boys. Sure we have our squables like everyone else, but loyalty to family is absolute. If anyone did anything to either of them, they had better hide themself in the deepest fucking part of hell they can find because I am coming to get them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:04:16 PM EDT
So close we complete each other's showers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:10:01 PM EDT
Let it be. I tried reaching out to my family and all I got out of it was bitten over an over again.

My mother (as usualt) wanted to control of my life and my sister wanted charity.

It is true, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. However you can tell your family to fuck of and die.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:14:29 PM EDT
I'm an only child. I usually play with myself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:17:32 PM EDT
I am the youngest of three, and we are all two years apart. We are all very close. I love my brother and sister and cannot imagine life without them. I talk with them all the time and the entire family gets together at every chance.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:20:22 PM EDT
I love my brothers and sisters very much but am glad I don't have to talk with them more then a few times a year. If they ever needed blood or possibly a vital organ I'd be there for them but other than that......?
Top Top