Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 12:58:52 PM EDT
The jungle boots I just bought don’t fit quite as well as my regular combat boots which are the same size.  The length is fine, but I still can’t lace them as tight as I would like (even with two insoles in).  The problem is that when I tighten the laces the eyelets touch (so it is impossible to tighten any further).  If I put the fabric part in HOT water, any chance the fabric will shrink, and making the boot fit tighter through the ankle and shin?

Any other ideas on how to make your jungles fit better?  Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess that you didn't hear the old axiom of "buy a half-size smaller than your normal size" when it came to jungles?

If it's too late to send them back, try this.

Yank the issue black laces. Cut some extra long 550 cord, and use that instead (you can lace it up tighter that way, without sacrificing comfort).  Even if the boots are a little big, the 550 cord should help you.  I cut mine about 40" long, tie a knot in the middle, and burn the ends closed.

If you can return them, get a refund and order a pair from [url]www.wellco.com[/url] I can personally vouch for their boots - they're the best out there, and are very affordable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
These are Wellco's, but I did not hear about the "buy a half size smaller" rule.  I will try to return these, but don't think that is likely since I have wore them a couple days...crap!

Oh well, they were cheap...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the boots completely soaked and walk them dry. The leather will mold to your feet as it dries, and will shrink somewhat. If you're not going to be doing a lot of hard and heavy hiking in your JBs, buy 1/2 size smaller. If forced ruck marches are likely, buy your regular size to allow your feet to swell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
HKer,
Feet swell in hot, humid climates, thus jungles are made a little big.  You can also double or triple up on the socks, but that's only appropriate for cold jungles [;)]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Try one or two pairs of Dr Scholls in them bad boys...
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Eat your Weaties ![8D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Let my sister wash them.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top