Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:00:15 AM EDT
Hey!!!

How are you guys faring out there.....everyone OKAY???
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:04:33 AM EDT

Tornado watch until 5pm. Nothing but some wind so far.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:05:33 AM EDT
Sky ain't green yet? Let's hope it don't do dat!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:21:28 AM EDT
We're expecting storms here this aftrnoon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:28:40 AM EDT

This is after an hour of melting ! You should see the dent in my Yukon !
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:30:04 AM EDT
All quiet on the midwestern front.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:40:46 AM EDT
There was a storm?

I musta slept through it...ground was a little damp this morning, but that was about it..

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:46:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 10:51:38 AM EDT by rob78]
All fucked up...

NW Tn here. We (my gf and I) managed to make it through unscathed, but many others were not so lucky.

Dyersburg (about 30min away) has 15 dead.

Bradford (15 min away) several families missing...some have been found in neighboring fields (husband, wife, two boys age 5 and 6 found dead- tornado picked them from their home and dropped them into a field).

Newbern (about 20 min away) too early to tell...still searching for survivors/victims

Obion (3-5 min) too early to tell

Kenton (3-5 min) elderly woman was crushed...still surveying the damage.

The odd thing was that this occurred all around us. Less than 2 miles away 50 and 60 foot trees were cleared for acres- snapped in half like match sticks. Electric poles blown over/ some broken. Homes were destroyed...roofs lifted clean off and deposited blocks away. On 45 South, there are vehicles (including an 18wheeler w/ trailor) that were rolled across the highway into fields hundreds of yards away. Yet, we and all of our property was untouched.

We're grateful, but the mood remains quite somber.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:55:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 10:55:49 AM EDT by zoe17]
I live in southern Gibson county, it looked bad to the North(bradford,newbern ,etc.)

Here is where I spent most of my time, hiding like a scared kid.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:00:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By zoe17:
I live in southern Gibson county, it looked bad to the North(bradford,newbern ,etc.)

i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/zoe17/DSCF0025.jpg

i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/zoe17/DSCF0026.jpg

smart woman...

Bradford looks like a war-zone. Most of those trees were huge.

I'm just glad Jackson didn't get hammered again...they just got downtown back together.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:02:24 AM EDT
our nasty weather season doesnt start for another month or so.... then here come the hurricanes again. i've been through 5 in the past 2 years.

Frances- cat 2
Jeanne- cat 3
Ivan- TD
Katrina- cat 1.5
Wilma- cat 2.5
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:03:09 AM EDT
I was listening to the scanner, they could not get down roads, people where scattered everywhere. The Medina Volunteer FD, Humbolt Rescue Squad went to help. They where totally overwhelmed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:05:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:
our nasty weather season doesnt start for another month or so.... then here come the hurricanes again. i've been through 5 in the past 2 years.

Frances- cat 2
Jeanne- cat 3
Ivan- TD
Katrina- cat 1.5
Wilma- cat 2.5

Hurricanes are terrible, BUT there is an effective warning system.

A tornado just hits you. Most of these people had less than 10 minutes.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:07:29 AM EDT

Where are the gun ports? How do you defend that position?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:40:23 AM EDT

Nice scare hole. I wish I had one
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:48:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rob78:
All fucked up...

NW Tn here. We (my gf and I) managed to make it through unscathed, but many others were not so lucky.

Dyersburg (about 30min away) has 15 dead.

Bradford (15 min away) several families missing...some have been found in neighboring fields (husband, wife, two boys age 5 and 6 found dead- tornado picked them from their home and dropped them into a field).

Newbern (about 20 min away) too early to tell...still searching for survivors/victims

Obion (3-5 min) too early to tell

Kenton (3-5 min) elderly woman was crushed...still surveying the damage.

The odd thing was that this occurred all around us. Less than 2 miles away 50 and 60 foot trees were cleared for acres- snapped in half like match sticks. Electric poles blown over/ some broken. Homes were destroyed...roofs lifted clean off and deposited blocks away. On 45 South, there are vehicles (including an 18wheeler w/ trailor) that were rolled across the highway into fields hundreds of yards away. Yet, we and all of our property was untouched.

We're grateful, but the mood remains quite somber.

DAYUM. . . I went through Dyersburg at about 5:00 yesterday evening on my way home from Millington, TN.

Didn't hit the bad weather until about 15 miles from home and the sky turned all green and spitting golf ball sized hail stones. I didn't say anything to the wife, but I was scared as hell.

Ended up with hail damage to our van and my car that was parked in the driveway at home. That first hail stone that hit our van sounded like someone hit the roof of it with a brick. Lots o' prayers were coming out of our vehicle about that time.

All of the families affected will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:33:33 AM EDT
WHEW!!!!

Damn, folks, I am sorry about the lives and property down there but I am glad you guys got through ok!!!!

Best of luck to everyone.

I have many, many, memeories of green skies, huge hail and demolished towns......

that's yet another reason why I live in AZ.
Top Top