Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 6:09:51 PM EDT
Was just wondering what everybody carries and how/where/using what equipment they carry it with..............

and also, could you recommend something for me to use?  this is what i usually wear, blue jeans and a slip over shirt untucked, any suggestions?  i plan to carry a full size kimber, thanks. (only pic of me i had)

[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/20290/p/332091_6793758137593025648_vl.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have concealed a full size 1911 under just that outfit on a regular basis.  What you need is a good quality inside-the-waistban strongside holster.  Mine is a Galco Summer Comfort, but there are many good brands.
The MOST important thing for concealing a full size, heavy gun is a good holster belt.  Got mine from Wilson Combat,but there are many good makers.  Get a good, stiff belt and it will keep that gun steady and in place.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a Glock 30 in an IWB clip on holster. It works with just about everything I wear, from t-shirts and shorts to suits.

I tried a Colt Commander(which is what I prefer), but my pistol is box stock and has way too many sharp edges to carry all the time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.smartcarry.com[/url]
The smartcarry holster is GREAT. Charlie is the BEST.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a Glock 30 with a IWB holster from Sidearmor with the belt hook attachment.

What I do is buy pants/shorts 2 inches bigger and wear polos or button down shirts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I use an Uncle Mike's clip holster and Glock 36 and it works any time of the year with whatever I wear.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't this a [i]NUT CRACKER[/i] when you sit down???

[img]http://www.smartcarry.com/pntsdn.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
You know you might be a "Red Neck" if...[:D]

Hey brotha', I carry a Kimber Pro CDP in an IWB rig from Fist Holsters...[url]www.fist-inc.com[/url]
I wear it the same why you are speaking of wearing yours.

I would have to look up which one it is but I opted for the closed bottom to keep "Lint-Boogers" out![:D]

I got the regular belt (not the "Double Thick") one to match the holster. The strong side is thick and holds the holster very solidly.

I will let you check it out at "Gunstock" if you haven't found anything by then!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[url]http://www.smartcarry.com/pntsdn.jpg[/url]
View Quote

My wife has a Kel Tec P32 and a Pager Pal holster and it will [i]Rack 'Em Up[/i] when I sit down with it![nuts]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I usually carry a Walther P99 in a Glaco Fletch with a safari vest over.

For more descreet carry I use a SA Ultra-Compact in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
glock 30 in a sidearmor iwb
usually worn with a tucked in tshirt between the holster and my skin and an unbuttoned button down shirt over top to hide the gun
usually a short sleeved hawaiian style shirt since it doesn't look strange to have that unbuttoned. can flip back the shirt and grab the gun quickly
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Why does no-one carry cross draw? Is it dangerous for some reason?

[img]image.sportsmansguide.com/image/thumb/7/70802i_thumb.JPG[/img]

--LS
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had one of the "smart carry" rigs for about 5 years, I guess.  I bought it when they were called "Thunder Wear".  

I carry my G23 and an extra hi-cap in it with shorts in the summer.  With regular jeans there is no way in hell I even try to pack it in with my twig-n-berries.  I have worn it with extra loose Old Navy denims, but it's not good to sit down.  I smashed my nutsack once when I sat down fast wearing shorts and getting into one of those folding camp chairs.  Felt like someone pulled my kidneys out through my ass that time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why does no-one carry cross draw? Is it dangerous for some reason?

[url]image.sportsmansguide.com/image/thumb/7/70802i_thumb.JPG[/url]

--LS
View Quote

Its slower, you have to sweep a good poriton of the room when you draw if your target is in front of you.

I carry a G21 with a Fobus Paddle.  Say what you want, but I hardly know its there.  Unfortunately, it only works when I wear a suit to work or if its the winter time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks for all the input, dont have time right now to check all the links and manufacturers but i will later on today, when i have more time.  

one more question though, anybody carry small of the back or with one of those chest-spandex type rigs?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll second the Milt Sparks rig.  However, I carry my Sig 220, which is a similar sized weapon, in a High Noon lined Slide Guard on a Don Hume gunbelt.  I usually wear a plain knit shirt, covered by an open shirt made by Magellan.  I have a ton of the Magellan shirts that I bought from Academy for about $8.00 apiece.  They have the flap on the back of the shoulders with mesh underneath for venting.  They are just fine, even when it's over 100 here in OK.  I just am more comfortable with an outside the waistband holster, at about 4 o'clock.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#17]
One of my best friends carried in one of the spandex things.

We worked together and I could not see a "print" no matter how hard I tried.  He always wore patterned button-up shirts, I think that helped to break up the outline. He said it was the most comfortable carry rig he had ever used.

BTW, I carry strong-side either a G23 or a Kimber ProCarry in Galco holsters.  While not the most concealable, they are the most comfortable that I personally have used.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#18]
If you are skinny or like to wear tight jeans you might want to watch a Steven Segal movie!

With tight jeans and tee shirt the Mexican carry is the best for me(the barrel of the 1911 always will smell)just be sure you put it under the bad guys nose,not yours!

Bob [:D]  Pweeh whats that smell (my 1911 sir) want some???
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[url]http://www.smartcarry.com/pntsdn.jpg[/url]
View Quote

It took about a day to get used to the holster.
After that I can wear it all day wtih no discomfort. Sitting, walking, riding in a car, etc... Charlie offers a 60? day money back (less shipping) try out period. It is well worth the time to try one out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You know you might be a "Red Neck" if...[:D]

Hey brotha', I carry a Kimber Pro CDP........ BigDozer66
View Quote

Another pro CDP, ballistic nylon belt holster...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Smartcarry.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I normally carry either a Sig 239 357sig, or a Sig 225 9mm..

IWB, in a Mr.Softy from Highnoon

[url]www.highnoonholsters.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you are skinny or like to wear tight jeans you might want to watch a Steven Segal movie!

With tight jeans and tee shirt the Mexican carry is the best for me(the barrel of the 1911 always will smell)just be sure you put it under the bad guys nose,not yours!

Bob [:D]  Pweeh whats that smell (my 1911 sir) want some???
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I dress about the same as you do, and I'm a bit
heavier. And I carry a Glock 27 or Kimber Pro-Carry II, and a Fobus paddle for either weapon.
In warm weather a tee shirt with a light open
un-buttoned shirt, or as it gets cooler a
Chamios or CPO type shirt covering the now
buttoned top shirt. At work I wear a dress
shirt and slacks ( Docker types) and carry the
Glock in an ankle holster, on left leg for
strong side grab. I work with 90 other people
and only those who really need to know know that its there (About 6 of them and two of those are also armed.) And no one else has
noticed including any of the general public as well, in either types of dress.
 But a funny thing did happen at club which I
belong to was having a dinner and the club
president who is a close friend came up and gave me a pat on the back just as I tuned and he caught the butt end on the Glock, he
did'nt say anything "BUT" his eyes and facial
expression were priceless. He had absolutely
NO idea that I was carrying.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I carry a full sized Springfield 1911A1.
I usually like to just carry open, but if I need to conceal I use a Galco IWB model SCT212.
I find IWB to be uncomfortable no matter what pistol I'm wearing, just seems to be a lump in my back, but in some cases there is just no way around it...Better to be IWB armed and uncomfortable than be a stat....
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#26]
i just use a pocket holster for my p25.

I need a better gun. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I carry my 220 or Glock 34 or even my Betetta92 in a cheap mil-tech IWB holster just to the right of my spine. The can of Copenhagen in my back right pocket breaks up the outline of the longer barrel. I usually just wear untucked, casual  t-shirts

Karl
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
S@W 6906 in a Bianchi inside the belt holster,  carry everyday with just an untucked polo shirt,  it even works with shorts or a bathing suit.

In winter I carry in one of those t-shirts with the built in shoulder holster and a button-front shirt.  It really has to be bad out for me to wear a jacket, and this method works very well.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I carry a Colt 1991-A1 Compact that I've had tweaked by Wilson Combat Arms. If the weather permits me to wear a coat, I carry it in a Fobus holster on my strong side. If it's too warm, the Colt is carried in a Bianchi fanny pack.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I have three pistols I carry depending on the situation:

Beretta .32ACP Tomcat.  Carried in a front pocket holster when I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

Sig P228 or Glock 19 in an IWB holster with jeans and T-shirt.  Or in a Galco Miami Classic during the winter and I'm wearing a pull over sweater or a jacket.

When I'm wearing my IWB holster, I always have a T-shirt on, and tucked in, regardless what type of shirt I am wearing to conceal my gun.  If I don't, the grip on my gun chafes the hell out of my side.

I buy my pants a size bigger in the waist to accommodate the IWB holsters.  Works for me just fine.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been using a Defender for years. I carry my Wather PPK or a Glock 19 and a spare mag all day long. I wear a Polo shirt everyday at work and no problem with printing. I have to often lay down to repair something, no suit & tie here.

[url]http://www.action-direct.com/defender.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.action-direct.com/def-m2.jpg [/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top