Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 2:48:21 PM EDT
Well, I've been reading it some more, since I can't stop, and it's got me thinking a little more.

The one thing I'd be afraid of if someone actually wanted to start killing feds is who else might join in? Sure, there's probably a decent number of people who've had their lives wrecked like in the book who might pop a fed. But what about the leftists? Yeah, most of the liberals are major pussies, but what about, say, the serious Communists? Their political philosophy demands that they overthrow all non-Communist governments by force. If their favorite politicians start getting whacked, would they start killing pro-freedom pro-gun politicians? And what about the Islamic terrorists? Such a chaotic situation would be a virtual invitation for them to strike. So as much as I'd like to see the gun-grabbers get killed, I think that the Government would never give in, as they do in the book, and the other things that would likely happen could plunge the whole country into an unstoppable civil war.  There's an Unintended Consequence for you.

And what about those phone card they use? I never see any at the price they mention. Do the cheap phone cards they actually sell at convenience stores have the same unintentional anti-tracing protection?

That's all I can think of right now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That book was written several years ago. Remember that to help keep it in context.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top