Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:49:33 PM EDT
Well me and Mrs. Hispeedal went out today for some fun. She really has taken a liking to this new Vector that I picked up. Anyone else have any pics of their favorite women with ARs (or any gun for that matter)?

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
this should be fun, as always.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Or we can start another women shooting without proper eye protection thread
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTBOTDL.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Everytime there is a thread like this it gets locked so its not even worth posting the Army hotty solider in Iraq holding an AK-47 and SAW.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]

My Mom shootin' an SP1...

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's Torrie Wilson (WWE) in Iraq.......

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
She could put me in a figure 4 leg lock anytime.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:52:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Well now, lets see.  One firing while not wearing eye protection and another firing while people are down range.  Maybe we should call this "A not so safe way to behave at ther eange" thread.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:14:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Torrie isn't firing at the moment and she's getting instruction at the moment.

OK Here's one where she has both eyes and ears.

CD
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Sgt. Christina M. Crider, 25
Camp Fallujah, Iraq
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Would have been nicer if Torrie was wearing a thong. How was it meeting the WWE celebs on their visit. I heard that Stone Cold really is a gun fanatic. I would have like to have seen him ripping it up with the M240 or see that dude the Big Show hip firing a M2 .50cal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well now, lets see.  One firing while not wearing eye protection and another firing while people are down range.  Maybe we should call this "A not so safe way to behave at ther eange" thread.

Well now, let's see.  Dry practice on a range with the slide locked back and probably no mag.

Maybe we should call this "paying attention to details"

Cause I guaran-damn-tee you that thing isn't in full recoil and the muzzle still straight.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Thought this was Team forum.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]
why are half the chicks shooting with there right elbows so damn high, not good posture IMHO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Because they haven't had an instuctor smack them on the elbow nice and hard with a loaded mag yet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Mmmm...Torrie Wilson...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]

why are half the chicks shooting with there right elbows so damn high, not good posture IMHO

Girls have small shoulders and it seems hard to comfortably hold the rifle with the elbow down.. If you raise your arm you have more meat behind the stock, and it locks the stock from sliding off your shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Hottie in Saddam's palace with MP44

Here's Dawn Marie from WWE

Sable also from WWE

and as requested here's Torrie....

CD

Keep it real guys,
new-arguy
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh yes, I do like that picture....    +1
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:06:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
freesites.pshift.net/~vtdefender/amy3.jpg

Okay.  Now this is good posture to me.  Nice photo.  good foot placement, weight on front, body slightly bent at the hip, elbow down.

ETA: actually IMO she could bend a wee bit more at the waist, but still very good.  As long as she's comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks.....That was only her second time at the range.

eta: You're right...her upper body needs to be slightly more forward. She also might have benefitted from the stock being collapsed another notch..

She's learning though :)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:25:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

All those guys are down range way past 180??? Bad, people!!

No eye protection?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Torrie isn't firing at the moment and she's getting instruction at the moment.

OK Here's one where she has both eyes and ears.
www.hunt101.com/img/312015.JPG

CD

Doesn't matter if she is getting instruction, every firearm should be treated as a loaded firearm.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Now thats good form.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:37:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Target's close but you have to start them somewhere.

She's good to 200 with the PBR. She's really taken a liking to this rifle.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]
bigbore,

While probably not scientific that is the best experiment that I have ever seen conducted.  If you don't mind I might replicate your experiment with some guinea pigs I know.  

When I help a potential gun owner out I generally try to get them to rent a variety of pistols or rifles first.  I think an AR15 is the best home defense weapon but it may be too costly for many.  I tend to steer people towards a Glock or other auto loader because the triggers on most semi autos are significantly better and will facilitate hits on target with less practice.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't want to sound like some kind of jerk or anything... especially since this is my first post.  I just couldn't resist mentioning something I saw on the first page:

http://freesites.pshift.net/~vtdefender/amy3.jpg

And these quotes:
pup-dawg

Okay. Now this is good posture to me. Nice photo. good foot placement, weight on front, body slightly bent at the hip, elbow down

VTDefender

You're right...her upper body needs to be slightly more forward

PerryF

Now thats good form.

A noble try guys, but I can find several things wrong in the picture.  When I was younger, I maintained a Personal Trainer certificate, and often competed in the Intermediate Light Heavyweight Bodybuilding class - my choice of career as a firefighter and professional jetski racer has allowed me to continue my education on said interests (even though they really have nothing to do with it); I believe this qualifies me to, at the very least, converse about my theory as to why this is NOT the correct shooting stance.  Take this all with a grain of salt, because each can have their own belief as to what is right - I'm just trying to get out my belief as to why I think yours is wrong.

#1, Leg Positioning: She is standing too far forward to be properly balanced.  Unless there is a 40mph headwind or a 7.62x54 round coming out of that AR, there is no need for her to be leaning in like that.  If you look down her midline, you will notice that the majority (if not all) of the weight is on her leading foot and her rear leg is locked.  Should something happen - even severe recoil - her balance would immediately be thrown rearward to the locked leg.  A locked leg does not allow for compensation, rather it acts as a stiff board would: sending energy either to the ground or allowing it to shatter the weakest portion; as well, she is using zero musculature in the rear (shock absorbing) leg position.  Standing this way uses one leg as a platform, and one as counter-balance.  Wouldn't you rather have two platforms?

How I would correct that:
On the jetskis and in the deadlift and squat, I keep my weight over BOTH feet.  This allows sudden shock loads to be transferred through my shock-absorbing body by using my muscles, not my bones (as if my knees were locked).  Keeping your weight over both feet evenly will allow you to shift your weight as needed, rather than assuming a "flinching" stance as shown in the picture above.  I would have her stand with her feet about 2" wider than shoulder width, and at a 45 degree angle to the target, both knees not locked, but both leg muscles taut.  THAT is correct stance.  Also, notice how her toes point to the target; having her feet comfortably placed in the position I described would allow a much wider platform - her stance creates a "tightrope" platform.

#2, Arm Positioning: She has her right elbow tucked in at her side, and her left arm holding the vertical grip.  Judging by the tendons in her left forearm, I'm saying that she's pulling on that handle, in and down, causing her to have to push with her right hand.

Honestly, is she afraid of recoil?  Of an AR15?

In her picture, you can see that with the elbow tucked in, only the triceps (back of arm) and front head of the shoulder are available to control the weapon.  As well, the shoulder's rotator cuff (internal ligaments) are in position for extreme shock from shoulder rotation.  I know this from experience because I too was taught to tuck my elbow, and effed up my rotator cuff with a big gun.  This is NEVER the way to shoot a rifle.

How I would fix this:
The strongest muscles of the upper body are the pectorals and the lattisimus dorsi - the chest and back.  Having the arm out perpindicular to the ground not only allows better left/right control over your firearm, but it also places your body in position to use the strongest muscles of the upper body.  Interestingly (I throw that word around loosely), it still recruits the shoulder and triceps into controlling the weapon, so rather than two muscles working for you, you basically have four, but upwards of 15 muscles in control over that gun.  Stick the arm out.

And release the death-grip.  The right hand should be pushing, but on the order of about 3-5 pounds of pressure - just enough to be opposite the trigger pull.  Conversely, the left hand should be pressing the rifle into the shoulder enough to feel "solid" - not like it'll scoot around, but not jammed in there either.  Unless you like shoulder injuries.

Last word on the subject:
Again guys, I don't mean to rant or tease you.  I'm sure that somewhere somebody taught you what you're witnessing in the picture.  Usually, this info came from an LEO or a Marine, right?  Unfortunately - and I hate to say it - the cops and Marines probably don't know as much about body mechanics and kinetics as, say, a bodybuilder, who's entire success relies on their knowledge of the body's movements and functions.  If you want my opinion, I'd say to abandon the tucked-shoulder, lean-in stance she displays so flawlessly, and adopt a more "attack" driven stance, which allows more of your body to be in control of the situation, as well as preventing it's own injury.  Take it all with a grain of salt, because I'm only one guy with an opinion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I don't want to sound like some kind of jerk or anything... especially since this is my first post.  I just couldn't resist mentioning something I saw on the first page:

And these quotes:
pup-dawg

Okay. Now this is good posture to me. Nice photo. good foot placement, weight on front, body slightly bent at the hip, elbow down

VTDefender

You're right...her upper body needs to be slightly more forward

PerryF

Now thats good form.

A noble try guys, ....blaa blaa blaa bla.....I'm only one guy with an opinion.

Welcome to the site.

Were looking at pictures here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Take it all with a grain of salt, because I'm only one guy with an opinion.

Will do
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Great first post there MinusB.  Especially in a picture thread.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/acr1y0.jpg

That was actually a good movie...I liked RE1 better though...RE2 was more like HOLY SH*T THERES SOME ZOMBIES! SHOOT THEM! AHHH MORE ZOMBIES! AHHHH....I think Paul Anderson was trying to copy the Alien series by doing the first movie an actual horror type movie and then the second one is more action than horror...which isn't bad, of course, but still...coulda been better. And RE1 had G36Ks so....

Anyone notice that Paul Anderson always has either a G36K or another type of HK weapon in all his movies?

P.S. Never noticed the 15 or so round mags in the MP5Ks before.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#41]
MinusB,

Comments from a trainer are welcome if they mean something, in this case, your well thought out logic means little in the case of firearms.

My recommendation to you would be to go take some carbine courses, and to go with an open mind.  Your background will aid you if you keep an open mind, and it will kill your learning if you don't.  

.................................back to the pics please...................

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Kill Bill sucked hug.gif  Lets put a white girl in a china movie
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#44]
NICE Picture!!!
if anyone says "nice rack" they ought to be kicked in the shins.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
NICE Picture!!!
if anyone says "nice rack" they ought to be kicked in the shins.

Ha thanks, its my best freind with the cull buck I let her kill on my property this past january.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#47]
How I would fix this:
The strongest muscles of the upper body are the pectorals and the lattisimus dorsi - the chest and back. Having the arm out perpindicular to the ground not only allows better left/right control over your firearm, but it also places your body in position to use the strongest muscles of the upper body. Interestingly (I throw that word around loosely), it still recruits the shoulder and triceps into controlling the weapon, so rather than two muscles working for you, you basically have four, but upwards of 15 muscles in control over that gun. Stick the arm out.

and if you take any  tactical class, they will tell you to keep your elbow tucked in just like she is doing. Smaller profile.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Less critique and more BOOTAY-----I say.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I Hope that her left thump is ok after that.. hinking.gif

http://www.hunt101.com/img/313121.JPG
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#50]
very nice thread, must keep this going
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top