Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 12:42:49 PM EDT
Yup, how about them. What would you recommend.  I am not looking for anything fancy,  But don't want cheap.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you holding/How much are you spending/Any particular necessity that needs to be covered for usage on tripod?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are you holding/How much are you spending/Any particular necessity that needs to be covered for usage on tripod?

I am holding a Cannon Power Shot.  As for the needs, just hold the camra steady.  I would like some adjustments on it.  I have not looked at tripods and was looking for some ideas.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am holding a Cannon Power Shot.  As for the needs, just hold the camra steady.  I would like some adjustments on it.  I have not looked at tripods and was looking for some ideas.

Unless it's a pro1 I'd say most low-cost ($35-45 at your local camera store) tripods would be more than sufficient.  Powershots tend to be pretty light weight and for their size the budget pods won't be overwhelmed.  Heck I had one of those cute mini pods (REI and other places sell) for my A80 for a long time i used for stuff.  For taller stuff, a promaster 6200 (i think that was the model) for $30 covered well.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless it's a pro1 I'd say most low-cost ($35-45 at your local camera store) tripods would be more than sufficient.  Powershots tend to be pretty light weight and for their size the budget pods won't be overwhelmed.  Heck I had one of those cute mini pods (REI and other places sell) for my A80 for a long time i used for stuff.  For taller stuff, a promaster 6200 (i think that was the model) for $30 covered well.  

Thanks that is what I wanted to know!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Slik makes a nice mid-range tripod. They're good enough for most SLR sized cameras. I use mine with a somewhat heavy 6x6 TLR and it is steady enough for indoor work and outdoor work in calm weather. RediTilt tripods are also nice and not too hard on the wallet. Mine is very old though... I don't know if RediTilts are still made.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top