Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 10:22:36 PM EDT
Check out this poll of Pakistanis sponsored by [i]Newsweek[/i] from the Hindustan Times - more than 50% believe Israel was behind the Attack on America of 9-11-2001!

See article at:[url]http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfram/141001/dlame130.asp[/url]

From the article:

Almost half of all Pakistanis believe Israel carried out the September 11 attacks on the United States and 83 percent sympathize with the Taliban in the ongoing conflict, according to a poll commissioned by Newsweek.
The US weekly, in its edition to be published on Monday, gives the results of a poll by the Gallup organisation's Pakistan affiliate which also shows strong opposition to the use of Pakistani soil by US troops.

The poll showed 48 percent of Pakistanis believe Israel carried out the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon near Washington, compared to 12 percent who blame Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden.

It said 25 percent of people polled believe a US group carried out the attacks, which killed more than 5,000 people, while five percent blame the Palestinians.

The poll found 51 percent of Pakistanis agree with their president's cooperation with the United States, while 41 percent disagree.

Thirty-seven percent of Pakistanis viewed President Pervez Musharraf's performance during the crisis as very good or good, 42 percent as okay, and 21 percent bad or very bad.

Only three percent sympathised with the United States in the conflict, compared to 87 percent with Afghanistan's Taliban Islamic militia, and 75 percent opposed the use of Pakistani airfields by US forces.

Eric The(AndTheseGuysAreOurAllies,BTW)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
YEAAAH! And with the right PR, when we nuke Iraq they will blame Fuzzy Patches and her All Girl Accordian Band.-- People believe what they want to believe!! -- By the way, has anyone over there ever said "Thanks for the fu%king food"??-- ALLONS11
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They don't call it the Third World for nothing...[;D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#3]
These people have been brainwashed.  Their reality is their perception.  Backassward huh..
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure some people on this board think our government did it as an excuse to pass more gun laws, or some such nonsense.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a little part of a Jonah Goldberg column I posted back called 'Civilization Envy':

"In 1979, a group of Muslim dissidents seized the Great Mosque in Mecca — "an event in which there was no American involvement whatsoever," Lewis writes — and an angry crowd in Islamabad, Pakistan, [i][b]attacked and burned the American embassy in response.[/b][/i]"

How does [u]that[/u] make sense to anyone????

The Lewis, Mr. Goldberg is refeering to, was Bernard Lewis, whose article on Islamic fanaticism is excellent and may be found at:

[url]http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/90sep/rage.htm[/url]

Go there, it's an excellent primer in this subject!

Eric The(GladToBeOfService)Hun[>]:)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top