Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 8:13:01 AM EDT

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Took this pic Saturday outside of Placerville.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I could have used that sign a few months back.  I was travelling with a business partner from the East Coast and we were Northwest of Port Arthur, Texas on some back roads.  He kept following his GPS and I, a country boy who knows how to get around the back roads without a GPS, kept telling him it was wrong.  He kept saying no, no, it's always right.  We got onto some back dirt road and his GPS told him to turn left, so he turned left, crossed a cattle guard and drove into a field.  We were supposed to be in a town, meeting some govt people for a dinner.  He actually asked me if he should drive a little farther.  I was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I could have used that sign a few months back.  I was travelling with a business partner from the East Coast and we were Northwest of Port Arthur, Texas on some back roads.  He kept following his GPS and I, a country boy who knows how to get around the back roads without a GPS, kept telling him it was wrong.  He kept saying no, no, it's always right.  We got onto some back dirt road and his GPS told him to turn left, so he turned left, crossed a cattle guard and drove into a field.  We were supposed to be in a town, meeting some govt people for a dinner.  He actually asked me if he should drive a little farther.  I was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself.

Yeah I stop using GPS once I leave a main highway or municipal streets.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll take a paper map over a gps any day.  One guy I know uses his religiously and I vowed to never ride with him again after his gps said to take a left and he didn't even try to notice the one way sign indicating that we were turning onto a two lane one-way road that was full of cars heading for us.  He didn't listen to me yelling it's a one way because his fucking gps told him to turn.  Thank God the people heading for us were smart enough to pay attention and hit their brakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top