Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2002 3:50:16 PM EDT
How much do you guys (and gals) like to shoot?  I would chose a day at the range before.....sex.  Anyone with me?

I guess I am getting old and my priorities are shifting.  I like everything about the sport of hunting and weaponry. It's more of an obsession these days than the opposite sex.  I don't know what I would do if Al Bore and Janet Peno took them away.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well its easier to pull a trigger than it is to... well you can guess
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to list my assets for a loan 2 weeks ago, Firearms were second, only to my cars. Over $5000 worth, I never counted them up before, and it made me realize I AM an addict, and i picked up another shotgun yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Firearms kick ass and theres nothing out there that can give you a better since of security.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
A day at the range lasts longer than sex!
You can bring your friends to the range.
You can let your friend shoot your 'guns'
You can shoot your friends 'guns'
You can shoot more than one 'round' without taking a 'break'

and so on...............   [:D]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A day at the range lasts longer than sex!
You can bring your friends to the range.
You can let your friend shoot your 'guns'
You can shoot your friends 'guns'
You can shoot more than one 'round' without taking a 'break'

and so on...............   [:D]
View Quote

HA HA HA
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Shooting is my way of escaping the wife, as for sex...  After a whole day of honey do this on my back about that who wants to play "hold me".
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Guns First! Guns First! Guns First!
Did I say Guns First! Also guns don't bitch at you! And I'll defend the Seconed Amendment until I'm six feet under!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Must we be forced to choose between the two?

The evil Miz Hun sometimes tries to seduce me as I'm on my way out the door to a gun show!

Well, so I get there late, who cares?

Eric The(ButShe'sSoConvincing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Welllll.....guns are still second to sex, but the gap decreases as time goes by. In fact went shooting today for 3 hours, it was near orgasmic.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree DeerSlayer.  I am 37, my mag only holds one round.  

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had to list my assets for a loan 2 weeks ago, Firearms were second, only to my cars. Over $5000 worth, I never counted them up before, and it made me realize I AM an addict, and i picked up another shotgun yesterday.
View Quote

Those were the days!  My latest rifle cost more than $5000.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How much do you guys (and gals) like to shoot?  I would chose a day at the range before.....sex.  Anyone with me?

I guess I am getting old and my priorities are shifting.  I like everything about the sport of hunting and weaponry. It's more of an obsession these days than the opposite sex.  I don't know what I would do if Al Bore and Janet Peno took them away.
View Quote

I wouldn't go that far! But my wife does get jealous when I come home from work and go directly on line to AR15.com. Or she teases me about sleeping closer to my AR than to her. But I really can't complain, she supports me 100% when it comes to my hobby.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Have you hugged your gun today?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#15]
The standard answer on the Forum is:
[b]"...buy BOTH!!!"[/b] [;D]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I would chose a day at the range before.....sex. Anyone with me?
View Quote

Really would depend on who I was having sex with.[;)] I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone where to give me the choice that I could either have sex the rest of my life and have no guns or have guns and no sex.....I think I would choose guns....of course the two things I like most are guns and sex so it is a tough choice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]
No law says you can't have it all.

But if I Had to choose?   hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

A whole DAY at the range you say?

It's not a fair question, and I respectfully refuse to answer it on the grounds that my wife may someday read this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#19]
How much do I love guns?  Let me count the ways...!

I like to shoot once a week if I can swing it, at least 300 rounds per trip.

My guns are a subject that at least crosses my mind once a day.  

Compared to sex...sex first.  She particularly likes it when I go full auto on her!

But a gun is more effective as a defensive weapon.  

There's a time for each.   And I probably do think about sex more often than I do about guns.
I'm willing to have sex every day, but there are days when I don't want to go shooting.

When the weather sucks, the bed's fine.

And, dare I say it, orgasms are better than nailing the bullseye!

CJ

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Try this spin on the question.  What is the longest you ever went without sex vs. what is the longest you ever went without shooting?[:\] .. for myself, have had lengthy dry spells between relationships, but have never went 30 days without a trip to the range, let alone P-M, reloading, reading, etc..

Now that I am remarried, sex is readily available.. as are my guns.  Can't imagine my guns not being readily available.. ever!!

I think I'd have to take my guns.  Just don't tell my wife.[:)]

Bravo5-2

Don't take me wrong.. I love my wife deeply and our intimacy means much more than "readily available"!  You know what I mean! [:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Sex still wins out for me, but I talk about guns more than I talk about sex.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#22]
There is nothing wrong to have both....Sex and Guns or Guns then Sex....Ain't that great?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:53:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Sex...Guns...Sex...Guns...

Is this another one of those word association things!?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top