Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2014 4:00:54 AM EDT
I'm one. Had to head to work at 330pm and I will be returning home at 500am. Turkey day will be celebrated starting around 1pm today. I may try to get a hunt in too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife is an alcoholic.  She laid in bed with a box of wine all day - falling asleep on & off.

I made a burrito and cleaned some of my guns for Thanksgiving.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife is an alcoholic.  She laid in bed with a box of wine all day - falling asleep on & off.

View Quote

That sucks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, dude. I'm sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to work from 2pm-10pm.  Didn't get any family time in.  To top it off one of the inmates on my housing unit decided he didn't like the fact that we served them ass-taco's for dinner on Thanksgiving and proceeded to toss his entire tray in the trash can, then kick the trash can across the room.  When I told him to go lock in his cell he yelled "Fuck you CO!  I'll kill you bitch!  I'll kill your fuckin' family!  Faggot ass lookin' mother fucker."

So my day started off with doing paperwork for sending him to the hole.  In his defense the tacos are pretty aweful.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Worked all night, wife abandoned me for some friends, grilled by myself all day, back to work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]

For the record, I'm not complaining about my situation. With that being said, if that is the direction this goes and people use this thread as a way to vent.....fine by me. I'm really sorry to hear some of the horrible situations some of you are in. The year is almost at it's end so hopefully the new year will bring some happiness to all.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Working in Kuwait, this place sucks ass.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I was fortunate enough to have off this year for thanksgiving and Christmas. I know this will not be so in years to come so I am counting my blessings and enjoying my family
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I worked from the butt crack of dawn on thanksgiving and I'll be here for about 48 more hours. Holiday bonus for 2 days!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I pulled the short straw and had to work this holiday. It was not bad and I have Christmas off so I'm really happy about that. I didn't even bother to try and make an appearance for dinner, at least I didn't get gain any more weight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Worked Weds night, slept yesterday, worked tonight. 12.25 hr shifts. My shift still has Christmas Eve, Christmas night, and New Years Eve to work, too. No tasty turkey din-din for me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I worked 1700 to 0500 both Wed and Thurs... Between work and sleep, I didn't do squat thanksgiving related.

I got home at 0500,  fried some eggs and a deer steak and washed it down with some nice brandy. Off to bed with me... Think I'll have my official thanksgiving probably later today or tomorrow with a reheated leftover plate from the family gathering I missed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I slept 'til 4pm.  Got up and went to Walmart from 530-830 to get a few things.  Came home, watched a couple movies, ordered a few things online, and now I'm getting ready to go to bed.  I ate cereal and ramen noodles
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Divorced earlier this year, this was the first Thanksgiving alone in over 14 years.  I have nothing to be thankful for.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I didn't. Family has passed away.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#16]
<~~~ Works nights.

Got to bed 10:30am yesterday and woke at 5:00pm. Wife and daughter were out with family.....brought me home some leftovers I shoveled down before heading back in  at 10:pm last night.

Going to miss Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day this year......it's depressing to think about.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

She was in bed all day.....'drunk and ready' is another way to look at the situation.

Turn that glass of 'half full' into the 'glass full of passed out butsecks!'

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Working near Waynesburg PA. Rotation ends monday morning. Doing a late thanksgiving dinner when I get home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top