Page / 2
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:40:01 AM EDT
Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
popcorn.....check

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
In before You Are Doing A Disservice To the System With That Attitude.

I LIKE POLLS!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as politicians, I did, because all other candidates were crazy-stupid. As far as issues, no.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure, possibly.

Other then mayor not many running I have a problem with but I dont like the mayor canidate, but other choice is worse.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not sure, possibly.

Other then mayor not many running I have a problem with but I dont like the mayor canidate, but other choice is worse.

Good to see you around Taxman!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Republican
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Straight ticket Republican

With the choices we are offered here that is the SAME as voting the issues.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm still undecided whether I should vote for Satan or whether I should vote for Lucifer. On the one hand Satan would make sure we nuke Iran and spark Armageddon but on the flip side Lucifer will raise taxes until the US economy collapses and becomes property of the New Roman Empire, er,... I mean the UN.

Let's see,... eyeballs melting out of their sockets, pestilence and plague or do I chose internment camps for gun owners, home schoolers and xians and all other such heretics and terrorists.

Maybe I should just do like Pontius Pilate did and wash my hands of the whole mess and let the blood be on the hands of the screaming mob who haven't a clue as to what their chosen villian is going to do to them ... er, ... I mean for them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I vote straight ticket because even a RINO strengthens the party as a whole. For example, we have a well qualified and generally good D for a County Judge (Judge is the highest County Office in Texas). I'll be voting for the R even though he has never held office and may need a learning curve.

I do it because his being in office should strengthen future R's running for other offices in our County.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Straight Republican ticket ... It isn't that I am all aglow with the job the Republicans have done, but the alternatives of voting for democRats, voting for a third party candidate or not voting (the latter two are the same as voting for democRats) is just simply too horrible.

If you want to correct the problem, you vote to change the personnel in the party you think has the best chance of doing it right. I can't see the democRats ever doing it right. I will never, ever vote for one, as they have not changed in 42 years I have been following them. My first lesson in politics was Lyndon Baines Johnson' speech dedicating Florida Atlantic University in the Summer of 1964... "I will never send American boys to do Asian boys' jobs!". What did he do after that?

You guessed it, started sending my generation in and micro-managing the war, got the public off on an anti-war trip and walked away from it with his tail between his legs. The democRat party, with their running media dogs and celebrehores, committed treason and turned victory into defeat . Read about the Tet Offensive and how we kicked Charlie and their NVA pals asses to hell and back.

Sorry for the rant. It has its reasons, mostly in the form of friends lying under 6 feet of earth.

F
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't vote straight party on principle. This year I voted straight party because the alternatives were all moonbats. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Straight GOP and yes to having a "wet" county.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Republican
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't vote straight party on principle. This year I voted straight party because the alternatives were all moonbats. YMMV.

I vote straight party on principle.

Why send a Republican to Washinton (or Austin in my case) along with a democrat to fight him tooth and nail.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm voting on issues,but it happens to be a straight ticket this time.
My congressman was a democrat before I came to VA, I first voted for him as an independent,and this will be my second time voting for him as an Republican. So I'm not exactly a party guy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be voting for a Democrat for state Atty General.  He was a Republican and switched to run against the religous moonbat that's currently in office.  Both supported CCW, death penalty, and long hard terms for violent offenders, but only one of them is a clone of Fred Phelps.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#19]
When we have GOPers now voting to give ILLEGAL immigrants social security benefits, they've decided for me that I will not be voting a straight ticket.

I'm not happy about it....but that among a few other MAJOR transgrations I absolutely will not turn the other cheeck in such cases.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#20]
The parties are so mixed up these days; I don't know which to affiliate with.  I try to research each candidate, and vote for those I like.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Straight GOP. Do it for the firearms!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Republican
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Unless you have a very conservative Democrat running against a very leftist Republican, what is the purpose of voting for Nancy Pelosi to run the House and Chuck Schumer to run the Judiciary Committee?

Nearly EVERY House and Senate election can be boiled down to this one question:

Who do you want controlling Congress:
__ Republicans
__ Democrats

And that's it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#24]
The only local democrat I would even consider voting for isn't on the ticket, so straight repub for me
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Vote the Party, not the person!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Nope.  Rick Perry can smoke turds in hell for
the Trans TX Corridor project.

It's the biggest, and, most constitutionally
destructive land grab in TX history.  

I'll not vote for that rat bastard just because he
has an (R) by his name.

I and my Wife are voteing for Strayhorn, an Independant.

I'm also voteing for Chet Edwards, (D).  He picked up the
NRA endorsment, which, all things considered, is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Vote the Party, not the person!

The party controls Congress, not the individual you're voting for.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Republican

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
i77.photobucket.com/albums/j65/bigred133/ShockDonkey.jpg

Hopefully I can e-mail that to my Liberal friends on 11/8.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Straight libertarian every time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#31]
I always vote a straight ticket.  I don't want any Democrats running my life, and those are the issues period.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Strait ticket Republican.

This is the real question .

Do you want to lose a little ,or
do you want to loose EVERYTHING !

I truely believe if the GOP would just get on
the majoritie's side of the immigration issue ,
we'd win nearly every spot.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just curious, who are the Republican and Democrat candidates you're voting against?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What a waste.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't normally vote straight ticket, but I'm going to this time just to keep the Democrats out. I don't think this election is going to be the "big win" they think it will be anyway. God knows they have had plenty of propping up by the mainstream media, however.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a waste.

I don't vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Its called being a real American. You should look into it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a waste.

I don't vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Its called being a real American. You should look into it.

And by doing so you are voting for a party that cannot win, cannot gain any power and will not do anything for anyone except the dems. It gives them one more vote towards power.

It IS a waste of a vote. Its called common sense, you should look into it.

ETA: I should have guessed, your from CA
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a waste.

I guess I am proud to not be a "Real American" then.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Anybody that does not vote straight republican for the State/US house/senate is nuts

I'm damn serious. If you vote for a democrat State/US House candidate because you believe they are on "your side" and will do what they say when in office, they you are stupid.

Look at it like this - that "freshman democrat that you voted into office" will have little to no power the first legislative session (unless they were a sought out candidate, heavily supported and groomed for the seat - like hillary, obama, etc.). moreover, the pressure from the other democrats to have that "freshman democrat that you voted into office" vote favoribly on their bills or else they won't even allow "freshman democrat that you voted into office" to get a single bill into committee.

Until the democratic party's leadership returns to a more conservative, Constitution following, pro-America agenda - they are all dangerous to America's future.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a waste.

And by doing so you are voting for a party that cannot win, cannot gain any power and will not do anything for anyone except the dems. It gives them one more vote towards power.

It IS a waste of a vote. Its called common sense, you should look into it.

ETA: I should have guessed, your from CA

Voteing for a person that directly cotradicts your views, just because they have
an arbitrary letter on one side of thier name is morally abhorrent to me, personally.

Such is the case in TX this year with two candidates on the ballot I am voteing for
instead of the (R) incumbant in one instance, and, the (R) challenger in another. One case I am voteing for a (D) that has the endorsement of the NRA, and, in one case I am voteing for an (I) thatis opposed to the most wasteful, constitutionallyinvalid land grab in the history of Texas, th TTC, which contract was awarded to a foreign firm to complete.  (R) or not, Rick Perry can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a waste.

So voting for the lesser of two evils is unAmerican but voting for the lesser of three evils is being a "real American"???

So again, who are the Republican and Democratic candidates for Senate and your House Representative that you're voting against?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#44]
The dems in my district, area, state, etc.... SUCK.  

That is why I am voting R.

THEY represent me and my family's interests best, not the dems.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

What a waste.

So voting for the lesser of two evils is unAmerican but voting for the lesser of three evils is being a "real American"???

ho

Lets say we could elect 5% of congress libertarian.  Seems to me that would effectively make the libertarians the swing vote on every issue where republicans and democrats disagree.  

Theres a better chance they'll care about the particular issue than R and D merely voting along party lines.  A mere 5% is enough to give us generally favorable legislation, with congressmen that are less likely to be bought off until the libertarian party grows to a true power base.

I still won't vote straight L, I'll read up on each one first.  www.vote-smart.org has every candidates position on issues that has participated in the site, just found the site today, but seems very useful.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#46]
I have said it again, as sad as it may be, we have to vote party line. The left has forced our hand on this becuase THEY will vote party NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Because of that we have to stick together. We really have no other choice.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a waste.

So again, who are the Republican and Democratic candidates for Senate and your House Representative that you're voting against?

Lets say we could elect 5% of congress libertarian.  Seems to me that would effectively make the libertarians the swing vote on every issue where republicans and democrats disagree.  

Theres a better chance they'll care about the particular issue than R and D merely voting along party lines.  A mere 5% is enough to give us generally favorable legislation, with congressmen that are less likely to be bought off until the libertarian party grows to a true power base.

I still won't vote straight L, I'll read up on each one first.  www.vote-smart.org has every candidates position on issues that has participated in the site, just found the site today, but seems very useful.

and in this time of very closes races unless you could assure that number, voting libertarian is not helping. Just how it is.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I voted based on NRA ratinges.

All Republican except 1 State Senate, dem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I voted based on NRA ratings.

Me too, and where I live, that means vote Republican across the board!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I vote the issues, THEREFORE -I vote straight ticket.

Voting for a democrat who receives a 100% positive rating from the NRA will only get you Speaker Pelosi. SHE will then determine the legislative agenda of the House.

Better a RINO than a DINO, because Pelosi and Reid sure as Hell aren't DINOs.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top