Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 9:42:49 AM EDT
Since 90% of the media seems to be against Bush and Kerry has said Bush has put everyone at risk by not renewing the ban, how long do you think it will take the media to blow an incident out of proportion giving the Democrats something to go after Bush with?

I give it less than a week.  I also predict something big involving assault weapons to happen or be reported that way a week or two before the election.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Since I just read another thread where a Republician congressman was on FOX news saying that "as long as there are no major incidents, you will probably never see another AWB", I think the media and the left know that they need one PQD!

The problem is they need a really good one that they can dress up nice and terrible! It's hard to say, but they will definately be watching like hawks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Since I just read another thread where a Republician congressman was on FOX news saying that "as long as there are no major incidents, you will probably never see another AWB", I think the media and the left know that they need one PQD!

That Republican Buttmunch almost sounded like he wanted an assaullt weapon incident. WINK, WINK, " as soon as there is an incident, congress will fall all over itself to pass new legislation" WINK, WINK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
They just left our shop where they interviewed us for the counter perspective. Called back and asked for permision to do a live bit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
i give it a year...buy some stripped lowers
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Better question, How long since the last one?  Many "shootings" took place during the AWB with "so called AW's" including the D.C. Sniper, N.Hollywood shoot out, Columbin School Shootings, and I'm sure that there are others that I can't remember right now. The AWB did jack to stop people from getting shot and turned a bunch of otherwise law biding citizens in to wood be criminals simply because they like certain features on their firearms.   ANY firearms law is not only Unconstitutional but won't work for the simple fact that criminals don't follow laws in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The Brady Bunch "See we told you so!" press release is already half written. They're just waiting for the specifics so they can fill in the blanks. I wouldn't be surprised if they've started another countdown clock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top