Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
2/21/2020 11:35:28 PM
Posted: 10/29/2004 3:17:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 3:22:49 AM EST by pathfinder74]
Show Link

Don't ask me how I got onto this channel... but I'm watching Lifetime (it's programmed in the favorites for the wife) and this show is disgusting!!!

They are in this house and these people are living in scum and scuz I never knew could be possible... and they are a seemingly normal family. This house is nastier than someplace crackheads squat in.

If you haven't seen this show it might be worth checking out just to see how some people can be absolute pigs living in their own filth.

ETA: I've never watched this before... but they seem to have a lot of product endorsements while they're cleaning the house.

One thing that is kind of funny... they take samples and send them to a lab to tell the dirtbags what kind of shit is growing/living in their kitchen, bed, etc.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:19:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:21:30 AM EST
My garage is nice. My office is spotless. These are mine. Other rooms? It's hit and miss. I'd rate the rest of my house as a 6.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:34:00 AM EST
that show grosses me out beyond belief.

I can't watch that show...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:02:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
Show Link

.. but I'm watching Lifetime

Alllllrighty then.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:09:31 AM EST
My wife likes it spotless around here
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:15:08 AM EST
My house is not really clean and not really neat, but it's not nasty.

I clean like a bulemic eats. When it get's almost to the point of nasty I roll through like a hurricaine cleaning everything in sight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:16:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
My house is not really clean and not really neat, but it's not nasty.

I clean like a bulemic eats. When it get's almost to the point of nasty I roll through like a hurricaine cleaning everything in sight.

My (our) house is fairly neat and fairly clean... dust is always the biggest issue. Lot of hardwood floors means colonies of dust bunnies.

The house on that show this morning was like nothing I have ever seen before. The stove/range had so much crap and crub underneath the grills it looked like it was a cockroad nest or something. I don't know how these people ate because their dishes were all dirty and piled up on the counters. There was literally no counter space. The woman said she hadn't washed her bed linens in 6 months... I don't know if these people are chosen because they are this nasty or if the whole thing is staged and they pay people to live like pigs in a house for a period of time and then have a camera crew and actors go in and pretend to be the owners of the home. I just can't imagine people living like these people did.

Put it this way... if I were Monk (from the USA TV show), my heart would just stop and my head would explode if I walked into this house.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:21:23 PM EST
Ahhhhhhhhhh...

This thread is,,,,,,

<­BR>

GAY
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:22:07 PM EST
When I lived in Chicago, there'd be stories in the news with reasonable regularity - where kids would be found living in absolute squalor and filth. We're talking about rotting food everywhere, human FECES on the floor, cockroaches and rats everywhere. How the adults in charge can live like that is amazing - even animals don't live in their own filth!! The parents should be sterilized (and then shot!).
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:30:01 PM EST
Clean, but not very "neat" or "customized". (ie. nothing on the wall except one clock and calendar)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:35:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By NFBBM:
Ahhhhhhhhhh...

This thread is,,,,,,
GAY

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:36:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 4:36:27 PM EST by DK-Prof]

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

This thread is,,,,,,
GAY

www.misplaced.net/stfu/stfunoob.jpg

That is the best "STFU noob" picture EVER ! It cracks me up every time I see it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:46:26 PM EST
I'm a slob.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:47:19 PM EST

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

This thread is,,,,,,
GAY

So 100 posts makes you a "noob" FOAD
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:07:58 PM EST
My dorm room is a f*cking mess right now... but normally its clean.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:26:45 PM EST
Not much of a Lifetime fan here, but I do watch that show and a few reruns of primetime shows. It is really disgusting. I saw one show that had a young woman (pretty, and living in a nice apartment) with dead rats in her bedroom!!! I saw another that had the most awful stuff growing in the kitchen. It really is an interesting, disgusting, and funny show. These people not only have clutter and a few dirty dishes, but their homes are actually infested. The are seemingly normal, and you would never think by looking at them that they lived the way the do.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:31:04 PM EST

My (our) house is fairly neat and fairly clean... dust is always the biggest issue. Lot of hardwood floors means colonies of dust bunnies.

When my daughter was around a year old she would find dust bunnies on people's floors. After hearing that they were called "bunnies," she thought they were real live animals in the house. She always approached with caution and would try to sneak up on them. She would then try to gently pet them. Leave it to a kid to make the person who's house you are in feel insecure about their housekeeping. She was just so darn cute (still is but is now a sassy seven year old).
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:41:37 PM EST
My house is always clean. The study gets a little messy, but still clean....
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:44:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By GhostShooter:

So 100 posts makes you a "noob" FOAD

It's all relative to how many posts the two parties have. If one has 100 and one has 4000... to the 4000 post guy the 100 post guy is noob.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:06:56 AM EST

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

This thread is,,,,,,
GAY

Well,
Low estrogen level last night, or did you miss your favorite Opra rerun?

J/K....

Top Top