Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 4/28/2017 11:33:31 PM EDT
I started talking to a girl on a dating website. She has two pictures, one in uniform. Then again, I could buy the same uniform at a store across town.

Not even met and already claiming to be a 96B overseas. Wanted me to get her a ITunes gift card as she can't get them there.

Now I have a soft spot for veterans, especially when they are pretty women, but I am not so blind as to think scammers don't exist.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:57:34 AM EDT
They do exist. Any deployed female is going to get all the sexual attention she can stand. There would be no reason for her to be trolling a "dating" site, and asking you to send her stuff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2017 8:25:02 PM EDT by Spartanatheart]
Just what I thought, allegedly where she is, she can't access her banking and can't go outside.

If that was the case, my instincts tell me she wouldn't be on OKC trolling for dates.

And allegedly she has like 3 months leave coming up. Is it even possible to have that much leave?

I get two weeks leave at my last job.

I'm picturing this clip in my head.

https://www.facebook.com/CollegeHumor/videos/10154353480982807/
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:37:07 PM EDT
Here's the deal Amigo

While it's true that there are bases over in the sand box where things are VERY austere--those tend to be advanced bases in the Iraq/Syria theater. IF 'she' can use a iTunes card then 'she's' on a base where there's internet and a lot of other quality of life stuff.

Don't be a sucker

best of luck

/r
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:13:15 PM EDT
Now she is saying she has to buy her pass to leave but gets the money backs when she returns.

For two weeks, pass is $600 but she only wants me to send half.

I've done some stupid things but not this one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:50:06 PM EDT
This has Scam written all over it. Walk away dude.... Walk away.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:31:07 PM EDT
Scam. I've never heard of anyone buying a pass to leave. And anywhere that she's gonna have access to the internet to message you, she has access to iTunes to plug her card in and buy whatever stupid Ariana Grande album she wants. If you still have doubts, tell her you want to send her a letter, you saw it in a movie and have always wanted to write a letter to a soldier, you can even say you'll send her the iTunes giftcard. Ask for the address. Verify if its a real APO address. I bet it isn't.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:33:19 PM EDT
It was a scam. She kept pressuring me to pay for her pass, I said no, she chatted a bit but eventually left saying I wasn't supporting her emotionally.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:38:09 PM EDT
Yeah I'm thinking chicks off the internet are the worst. After dating a lot of them, they all seem to be very liberal and anti-gun and vegan and feminists and crap... Or they are single moms... ugh... I've had better luck at church single groups and bars and coffee shops and book stores and pools and parks and stuff like that. 
Top Top