Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/18/2016 3:55:05 PM EDT
How has it affected you? I live down in Galveston County and we got nothing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone got 'Lootie' sightings??
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Bunch of rain in the heights, white oak bayou was close to going over its banks, but it's calmed down a bit now. Was supposed to pick up the dog from the Ken el this morning and head to Dallas but they didn't have anyone there until like 1. There was a bunch of flooding in the tanglewood area, on fountain view the water would have been over my hood from where the water line was.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

We got 4.5 inches. Minor street flooding that subsided quickly. North end of galveston county.

Wife is watching the news and there's black people whose apartments flooded standing on an overpass. It's our own mini katrina. Obama doesn't care about black people!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone got 'Lootie' sightings??
View Quote

Ft. Bend County here. It rained. Damp outside now. Worked from home. Newscasters all seem to be in histrionics.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Very quiet at work in Clear Lake. Downtown and up north got hit the worst. Hopefully it flushed some trash out of the gunspoint area but that would probably just send it my way. Schools closed at noon so a lot of people left.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Watching that now it's hilarious. Six guys sunk a john boat earlier at that apartment complex. Lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm over in far southeast Texas and all day long the Houston radio said everything was flooded and everything was shut down. We're getting it pretty bad here but the flooding isn't area wide. With those rains a few weeks ago whole towns flooded north of here.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Been in the Houston area since 1971. This is one of the worst flooding events we've seen. I'm north of town in Spring and we had a tornado pass through around midnight. Lots of tree damage but no home damage for us thankfully.

The Greenspoint area is under water with lots of eerie "Katrina" type footage. Ands lots of people helping others in need as well.  Most businesses are shut down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Cousin and her family live there.   She was surprised they canceled school.

"Wow I never would of thought our kids would get a day out of school due to the weather and coastal flooding!!"
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
It was pretty bad this morning in the Grangerland area (in between Conroe and New Caney).  Now it isn't bad but my field is under a couple feet of water.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
"What should I do?"

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm up in Spring. We haven't had power since just after midnight.

Flooding was bad this morning, but it's gone down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]
2 news just said 2 drown in gunspoint area

Ill be lucky to work 2 days this week

Trying to sell a glock and my buyer got rainout
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Local news is trying so hard to keep it going with 24hr coverage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in Katy.

Street flooding, and lots of flooded/stalled cars.  Our neighborhood still has about a foot of water in the streets.

I was out in the Land Rover this morning, and in lots of areas if you weren't in something tall like a Rover/Jeep/F250 you could have been screwed quite easily.

I have been in this area for 20ish years, and I don't ever recall seeing inundated vehicles in our immediate area.

In short, it was pretty sporty in the early morning, but it's not too bad now.  I haven't talked to anyone who has water in their house in our area.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"Wow I never would of thought our kids would get a day out of school due to the weather and coastal flooding!!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coastal flooding? She ain't in Houston then. Guess she didn't see all the street flooding and road closures or the underpasses 12' under.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I live in the High Panhandle about 600 miles from Houston
It was a little cloudy yesterday...
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
We have an office in the area and most people have not come in just to avoid a lot of the roadways and to deal with their own houses.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad all of yall have not been really effected to bad. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We got 4.5 inches. Minor street flooding that subsided quickly. North end of galveston county.

Wife is watching the news and there's black people whose apartments flooded standing on an overpass. It's our own mini katrina. Obama doesn't care about black people!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry Obama will do a fly over in Airforce One shortly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#21]
My good friend in Spring got 15".
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"What should I do?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlsIwhZHLo
View Quote

I love how AFTER the old man got out of the car and was pretty much home free the news guy THEN goes out to him acting like a hero.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Coastal flooding? She ain't in Houston then. Guess she didn't see all the street flooding and road closures or the underpasses 12' under.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the lives in Crosby.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Been in the Houston area since 1971. This is one of the worst flooding events we've seen.
View Quote

How would you say it compares to the floods from last year?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"What should I do?"

View Quote

Ok so when the bridge clearly says 15' 9" and then you can clearly see that a good 6 feet of that is water, don't drive in there you dumb fuck. Darwin might get some winners tonight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Local fox 26 has a hilirious interview going right now, lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#27]

White oak bayou at tc jester

White oak bayou at 11th

High water mark, fountain view at Burgoyne, this would have been over the hood of my Xterra.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Doesn't every underpass there have a sign saying do not enter if flooded or something along those lines?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in NW houston. Got 6" in the house. Hell of a shitty thing to wake up to at 4am. Taking a break right now from ripping up carpet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been in the Houston area since 1971. This is one of the worst flooding events we've seen.

This doesn't compare to TS Allison.

It's similar to Memorial Day floods last year.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not over yet.
They are still in for 3-4 days of rain if the forecast hold up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#32]
That stinks man
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Southeast Texas here. About 70 miles east of H-town. A lot of local flooding. I can't make it to my house in my car...should have driven my truck to work this morning. Prior proper planning and all that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ok so when the bridge clearly says 15' 9" and then you can clearly see that a good 6 feet of that is water, don't drive in there you dumb fuck. Darwin might get some winners tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"What should I do?"

That spot floods that deep every time it rains really hard.  And every damned time, at least one dumb ass drives right into it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"What should I do?"

View Quote

If you "Didn't see that" then you're fucking blind and need to stop driving.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I'm in Katy.

Street flooding, and lots of flooded/stalled cars.  Our neighborhood still has about a foot of water in the streets.
I was out in the Land Rover this morning, and in lots of areas if you weren't in something tall like a Rover/Jeep/F250 you could have been screwed quite easily.
I have been in this area for 20ish years, and I don't ever recall seeing inundated vehicles in our immediate area.
In short, it was pretty sporty in the early morning, but it's not too bad now.  I haven't talked to anyone who has water in their house in our area.

View Quote

I stay in the Katy area during the work week, apparently several homes around Barker Cypress have flooded, but my little rental hasn't. Area also had decent sized hail.

I had a TON of work to do today and my phone blew up at 2am with various group messages about all installs being cancelled and people not being able to get to work.

At about 7am our email server went down.

My service tech didn't even call, he just sent a pic of his front yard and an open beer.

And now it's pouring ass at my actual house about 3.5 hours west of Two-ston.

I'll be lucky to get 2 days of work done if the current weather forecasts hold up..... 90% chances of rain over Cypress for the next 4 days....

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I am sure alot folks take the opportunity to flood their cars. Get it totalled and get out of high car note.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same AO not bad, have plenty of tree crews spread around busy as hell since around midnight
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I live in the High Panhandle about 600 miles from Houston
It was a little cloudy yesterday...
View Quote

Just below you here we got a half inch. Loved every minute of it and glad for it!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#40]
It's my day off, so it hasn't bothered me, plus I'm south of most of the madness in Brazoria County.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]

I headed out this morning in the 1986 Blazer before they cancelled my jury duty officially.  

There's going to be a shit-ton of flood vehicles on the market soon.  People were dunking their cars in stuff I wouldn't even think of going through in the Blazer for anything short of a Zombie apocalypse.

-p
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'm in NW houston. Got 6" in the house. Hell of a shitty thing to wake up to at 4am. Taking a break right now from ripping up carpet.
View Quote

Doh!

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meyerland got hit badly last year. They got smacked again today. But the flooding today is far more widespread. The Waller area northwest of Houston was hit hard today as well as Conroe and Porter areas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am sure alot folks take the opportunity to flood their cars. Get it totalled and get out of high car note.
View Quote

A lot of the cars on San Felipe were less than two model years old, many Lexus, Mercedes, bmw.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll stick with the 3-4 feet of snow I got this weekend.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry to hear. We got lucky, most of it was north of our area. Hopefully you can get insurance to help with the repairs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

God bless, brother. Sorry it got you, but I'm glad you're getting it moving already...unlike the folks out looking for news crews and begging for, "a helping hand, nowhumsayn."

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Very quiet at work in Clear Lake. Downtown and up north got hit the worst. Hopefully it flushed some trash out of the gunspoint area but that would probably just send it my way. Schools closed at noon so a lot of people left.
View Quote

Yep. We shut down early because no one was coming in or calling.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is far worse than Memorial Day last year.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
"What should I do?"

View Quote

Oh FFS.

Just a complete absence of survival instinct. That's how good we have it in America: We don't even know when our lives are in imminent danger.

And fuck that little faggot "reporter" and his on scene exclusive interview.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top