Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2011 4:42:13 PM EDT
Now I'm not really an Astros fan, but if I was I'd be pretty upset.  They have been in the NL for 50 years.  Also, there is less strategy in AL ball with the DH.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess by losing 105 games the Astros don't deserve to be in the NL anymore.

Sucks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I guess by losing 105 games the Astros don't deserve to be in the NL anymore.

Sucks.

The NL was very competitive this year. I don't see them doing ANY better in the AL. Astros ownership needs to get their heads out of their asses and reorganize their team for 2012.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the small Cards vs Astros rivalry in the 2004-05 seasons. Too bad we won't see them much after the 2012 season.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
My thought is that Bud Selig continues to use Houston as his personal toilet. Moving our home games to Milwaukee after the hurricane, forcing us to open the roof during the world series, and now destroying 50 years of being a NL town so his Brewers can stay in the NL is just his business as usual.

Jim Crane should have said screw this and backed out of the deal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Wont the playoff tree be a little bit more exciting? I'm not crazy for the move however I believe its to get more teams into the playoffs.

sick of the yankee, redsox every dam year.  I won't even watch those two teams. I'd rather see the J's and O's batlle it out for a change.

Its the week before xmas and i'm jonesing for some baseball

Go Mets!
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
As a die hard cubs fan i can say this blows ass. The brew crew should have been moved back to the AL. . .
Fuck you (again) Selig.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As a die hard cubs fan i can say this blows ass. The brew crew should have been moved back to the AL. . .
Fuck you (again) Selig.

Only poking at fun here, from chicago & love the brewers!

I can watch any game any team and my night is complete.

Enough of this Eastern Seaboard bull crap.

yankees yankees yankees bosox, phillies
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#8]
My understanding is that the Astros were in negotiation to be sold for most of the season, thus the owner didn't spend any bread on talent.

IIRC, they were sold and now have a reason to not suck ass.

I know they picked up Roger Clemens son.

They are being moved to the AL, and one of the reasons is so that they can have more regional games against the Rangers, they are trying to fire up a new rivalry.

At least this is what I gather from listening to my wife talk about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My understanding is that the Astros were in negotiation to be sold for most of the season, thus the owner didn't spend any bread on talent.

They are being moved to the AL, and one of the reasons is so that they can have more regional games against the Rangers, they are trying to fire up a new rivalry.

Yea but the only people that will give a fuck about the houston/Texas rivalry live in texas. I personally think it is bad for baseball

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
send the rockies to the al, move the stroes to the Nl west.

Travel wise it would make more sense. Everything would be more balanced.

Nl central wouldn't have a bumch of teams
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually, here is what I think the two west divisions should look like.

AL or NL, doesn't matter which is which.

Padres - Dodgers - Giants - A's - Angels

Rockies - Rangers - Astros - Royals - Diamondbacks

Not sure what to do with the Mariners. Send them packing I guess.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My thought is that Bud Selig continues to use Houston as his personal toilet. Moving our home games to Milwaukee after the hurricane, forcing us to open the roof during the world series, and now destroying 50 years of being a NL town so his Brewers can stay in the NL is just his business as usual.

Jim Crane should have said screw this and backed out of the deal.

Damn right!  This team has gone to shit over the past 2-3 years.  Their current plans suck too.  All management needs to be replaced.  

Also, I can't believe Crane paid so much for the Astros.

ETA: It's going to be AWESOME staying up til midnight watching a west coast game.  NOT
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#13]
It will create a good Texas rivalry and even out the leagues. I actually think its a good move and I generally hate anything Selig does. The only bad thing IMHO is that it will force interleague play all year long.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It will create a good Texas rivalry and even out the leagues. I actually think its a good move and I generally hate anything Selig does. The only bad thing IMHO is that it will force interleague play all year long.

I like interleague play

I know you hate it, because you're a purest and everything.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like interleague play

I know you hate it, because you're a purest and everything.

Move the Dodgers and Giants back to New York!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Part of the reason for the move was so all divisions have an equal number of teams.  I think they wanted to try to expand the wildcard down the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top