Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 3:34:17 PM EDT
Mrs. Echo6 and I want to move. Right now we are in a townhouse and while not having grass to mow(campy can you believe I envy you?) I really want someplace nice with a bit of land around it to call home. Becoues of family things I need to stay in the county where I am, sooooo we have spent a good bit of time driving around western Broward county latley looking for houses with at least 1 acer of land.
For anything HALFWAY decent with any land around it you are talking a minimum of $350,000. A house I called on today was a 3/2, 2 car garage, 2600sf under air, on 1 and 1/4 ac with a small pond. The price....$375,000 man that is crazy. If I could relocate to GA or NC I could get the same size house for the same price but with 10 or 15 ac of land instead of 1.25
Boy I can wait till 2007 when I can move the phuck out of South Florida:(
Yearning for open spaces,
echo6    
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
for that kinda money, $350,000, you could buy a whole farm in Iowa.  a couple hundred acres with a house, barn and other outbuildings, (that does *not* mean outhouse), ponds, deer, turkey, quail, squirrels, rabbits and plenty of room for a range....
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
envy hell! c'mon up...i got a john deer sized to fit ya!

$350k, if spent on the local carroll county real estate...with some very green grass, i might add!...will buy you a new, all brick 1700 sq. ft. home, a nice barn, a few tractors and anywhere between 20 and 175 acres.

oh sure...you got the winters that "i" envy, but we have reasonable dirt prices, reasonable home construction prices and far fewer silverhairs per capita. lol!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Here in the SF Bay area $350,000 will get you 3/2 on a 7000 sf lot. Of course in some places it will only get you a townhouse.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Broward County ain't fit for man or beast.  Before moving to Wa I sold my 3000sq ft home in Winter Haven Florida for 160K.  It was a custom built home on two ac with lots of trees and in a very comfortable area.  It is just South Florida that sucks, not the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Broward County ain't fit for man or beast
View Quote
Roger that & I'm a life long (mostly)Broward resedent. As soon as my daughter is 18 we are outof this scum pit.
echo6
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Echo -

I feel your pain! I am in Dade County, and paying $835 p/month to RENT a 1/1 apartment!

Now that Sucks!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Where I live, $350,000 will barely get you a three bedroom, two bathroom, 1,500sq/ft house with a one, maybe two car garage on a 6,000sq/ft lot.  These houses are "fixer upers" might I add.  To rent, you're looking at $1,200~ for a two bedroom, one bathroom apartment without a garage.

Now THAT is insane! [V]

I'm in the Glendale/Burbank/Pasadena/La Crescenta/La Canada area of southern California.  Of course, there are place in So.CA that are worse!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top