Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/30/2005 8:34:53 PM EDT
Alright guys I have a tactics question for you. When clearing a house or building, how do you approach an attic? As in a set of pull down stairs/latter that only allows one up at a time. Gun first then head or head then gun, light then gun then head? Keeping in mind I am referring to using a long gun and having a team with me. Been talked about alot, just wanted to see what you guys had.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:54:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:07:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:27:18 PM EDT
Lights and mirrors are valid approaches and Remington has a new remote controlled camera in a ball that can be thrown into about anywhere and you can see it all. I would think that just waiting them out would be another option as where I live the heat of the day will kill them it they don't get out of there. No need to get in a hurry, they are not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:03:39 AM EDT
I prefer the thought of two man tactics, especially aimed at couples. What if there was a threat to your family and you and the Mrs. and to get out, especially with a kid? Whe we finish our new dojo, I plan to get some movable partitions, I used to use them in my old dojo. I would teach how to handle halls, room entries. Since I also feel firearms are an important part of Modern Martial Skills, we train with them. My kids know and use a blue gun, itisi so cool to see a 9 yo, take a rifle away form someone.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:32:46 AM EDT
Good thoughts so far. And I certainly agree. I wa referring to when you don't know for sure and you have to go and check the space. I hate to say it but a handgun in that small space may be a good option. After the afeomentioned mirroring of course. Thanks for the replys.
Top Top