User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 6:02:08 PM EDT
HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Front page

Aug. 19, 2005, 12:10PM

Man shot dead in apparent home invasion attempt
By ROSANNA RUIZ
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

An unidentified man was fatally shot after he and two others kicked in a resident's door at a southeast Houston apartment late Thursday, police said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The incident happened about 11:20 p.m. at a complex in the 200 block of South 75th, investigators said.

Officers were told that three men knocked on the door of an apartment, demanding to speak to someone who did not live there.

The men kicked in the door and fired a shotgun at the resident, who returned fire, hitting one of the men, police said. The two others fled and the wounded man was found dead at the foot of the stairs near the resident's unit, police said.

Officers today are looking for the two who fled.

HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Front page
This article is: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3317577
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent.  One less BG to worry about.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
kaput robber = +1 for society
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
One less scumbag.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else notice how fucking fast one armed citizen turned one scumbag into dead and two others into frightened Little pussies who ran for their worthless lives?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
good one less O2 thief. it's a wonder the lib press does not make a big deal about him emptying his wheel gun. ch 13 (local news) says one female locked up and looking for 2nd male. this was not the first time the man had been robed.

Home invasion attempt foiled by homeowner with shotgun

The attackers barged into the victim's apartment, leading to a deadly gun battle.
By Christine Dobbyn
ABC13 Eyewitness News
(8/19/05 - HOUSTON) — A southeast Houston furniture store owner says some suspects wanted his cash. But police say those suspects didn't get very far because the owner grabbed his gun and fired.

The owner of the store asked us not to identify him for his own safety. On Thursday night, a woman who has been following him around a lot on deliveries came to his apartment on 75th near Harrisburg.

Through a translator, the store owner told us, "She's been in five times, asking questions about how much it was to wire money from my in-store service."

But instead of answering the door, he ran for his gun in the bedroom. By that time, two armed men barged into his apartment.

The store owner said the men shot once. He fell to the floor and returned fire. The victim unloaded his revolver, striking and killing one of the suspects.

The second man took off along with the woman, leaving their dead accomplice behind.

The victim says they thought he had money at his apartment, but he did not. He says it's not the first time he's been a target.

"I'm always alert because two and a half years ago, I had a jewelry store," he said. "Five men robbed me, hit my son, put a pistol to my neck, and took my gun away."

But this time, he turned the tables on the would-be thieves.

Police are still looking for the second male suspect. They have the female in custody. The store owner will not be charged, police tell us, because they believe he acted in self-defense.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)
abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/081905_local_invasion.html
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like the city is gonna save a lot of court costs!!.................Hopefully they will see straight and no go after the apartment resident.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
A little quicker and the guy could have got his bag limit.

One for the good guys anyway...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Too bad one or more BG's couldn't get killed everyday...maybe they'd finally get the message.

HH
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

There's a bag limit on Bad guys????

I thought it wuz no bag limit and no closed season except in MA,NY,NJ,MD and CA where the season is closed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a bag limit on Bad guys????

I thought it wuz no bag limit and no closed season except in MA,NY,NJ,MD and CA where the season is closed.

In Texas the bag limit is a flexible thing...

Depends on how many walk in after they kick in the door.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok splain to me if the good guy had a shotgun or a revolver?  Or did he have a Street Sweeper?

Home invasion attempt foiled by homeowner with shotgun
The attackers barged into the victim's apartment, leading to a deadly gun battle.
By Christine Dobbyn
ABC13 Eyewitness News
(8/19/05 - HOUSTON) — A southeast Houston furniture store owner says some suspects wanted his cash. But police say those suspects didn't get very far because the owner grabbed his gun and fired.

The owner of the store asked us not to identify him for his own safety. On Thursday night, a woman who has been following him around a lot on deliveries came to his apartment on 75th near Harrisburg.

Through a translator, the store owner told us, "She's been in five times, asking questions about how much it was to wire money from my in-store service."

But instead of answering the door, he ran for his gun in the bedroom. By that time, two armed men barged into his apartment.

The store owner said the men shot once. He fell to the floor and returned fire. The victim unloaded his revolver, striking and killing one of the suspects.

The second man took off along with the woman, leaving their dead accomplice behind.

The victim says they thought he had money at his apartment, but he did not. He says it's not the first time he's been a target.

"I'm always alert because two and a half years ago, I had a jewelry store," he said. "Five men robbed me, hit my son, put a pistol to my neck, and took my gun away."

But this time, he turned the tables on the would-be thieves
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: The incident happened about 11:20 p.m. at a complex in the 200 block of South 75th, investigators said. Officers were told that three men knocked on the door of an apartment, demanding to speak to someone who did not live there.

The men kicked in the door and fired a shotgun at the resident, who returned fire, hitting one of the men, police said. The two others fled and the wounded man was found dead at the foot of the stairs near the resident's unit, police said. Officers today are looking for the two who fled.

That's called the TX Good Neighbor Security system.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Actually, I think it depends on the local EPO.  My town is actually a gun-friendly town in Mass.  (Its almost like a shall issue state, no felonies, no insane aslymn stays? Ok, good.  Go through the NRA course? Good, here is your info for a LTC, we will tell you when it gets in.'
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I think it depends on the local EPO.  My town is actually a gun-friendly town in Mass.  (Its almost like a shall issue state, no felonies, no insane aslymn stays? Ok, good.  Go through the NRA course? Good, here is your info for a LTC, we will tell you when it gets in.'

Unfortunately, that is more of an exception than the rule in the above mentioned states.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top