Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2001 11:41:23 AM EDT
I always thought Aragorn made the wrong call and should have married Eowyn, the warrior princess from Rohan, instead of that half-breed from the Homely House.
Who would you most want to hit if it was your call?
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No offense son, but what in the Sam Hill are you talkin' about????
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Galadriel.....hands down..followed by Schleob,
Spelling?, the spider and then the lady Treant...love that water.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I gotz to see the movie first, before I decide.

LOL... only here, home of the deadly [b]Black Rifle[/b], would one find such a topic [:D] [%|] [:D]

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Gman....you should have said "What in the wide world of sports is going on here, I don't pay you to dance around...."

The question is about the females in the lord of the rings.........
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gman....you should have said "What in the wide world of sports is going on here, I don't pay you to dance around...."

The question is about the females in the lord of the rings.........
View Quote

I didn't see any babes in that LOTR Burger King commercial.

[BD]

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
G-man,

I read the books, IN THE 70'S!, and I still don't know what they're talking about!

[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
All I know is that Liv Tyler is in "LOTR," and she's a major hottie, though I didn't care for the hairdo she sported at the premier. Loved her in "Armeggedon." Don't know which character she plays so I didn't vote. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
In the movie; Arwen is Liv Tyler, Gladriel is Cate Blanchett. I haven't seen yet who will play the other characters.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread smells of "geek".
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

no, this smell is of "nerd", geeks are more inherently electronic...not the Fantasy/D&D.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

no, this smell is of "nerd", geeks are more inherently electronic...not the Fantasy/D&D.

No_Expert
View Quote

But only a real dork would know that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I just voted for Liv Tyler cuz she's a major hottie.  I am no nerd, geek, dweeb, spaz or dork.  I'm scary though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No_Expert
View Quote

But only a real dork would know that.
View Quote

yeah, maybe...but only a dweeb would point it out.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Liv Tyler does nothing for me, because I can only think of her dad, Steven Tyler. Blech.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude, Eowyn Kicks Ass.

as to the actresses -- liv tyler? please. "ARMAGEDDON" makes me think of Raggot, sorry.

Galadriel is h0t played by cate blanchett, but the character is basically "elvish mom." So go figure. turnoff there.

Eowyn, well, we haven't seen her yet, but she's got a big sword. And that's jus a turnon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool!!! I say we give Goatboy a few more grey hairs and start an LOTR Babe of the Day thread [:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I just say do Liv Tyler. All this other geeky crap is just kiddy talk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Nerds, yes.
Geeks, yes.
Dweebs, yes.

And they are all ARMED.

:-)

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Eowyn! Eowyn!

I wonder who they got to play her and how they have managed to keep it a secret?

Remember, all three films are already in the can.  They did it all in one 15 month shooting schedule.

If they giver her part to Arwen I will REALLY be pissed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I was pleasantly surprised after seeing the movie last night. The expansion of Arwen's part was done really well and the actress Liv Tyler did a fantastic job, much better than I thought.

Also Cate Blanchett brought a great depth to her role and actually made her more three-dimensional than the original book.

Like LT, I can't wait for next Christmas. My only beef was the Orcs were too grotesque.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#21]
dig around on the lotr web site, they have casting info and pics of eowyn.

She's being played by Miranda Otto.

[img]http://www.lordoftherings.net/images/ca_motto.jpg[/img]

Miranda Otto's recent performances include What Lies Beneath and The Thin Red Line. Other credits include Kin, In the Winter Dark, Dead Letter Office, Doing Time for Patsy Kline, and True Love and Chaos.

Miranda received a Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for her performances in Dead Letter Office, The Well, and Love Serenade. The Australian Film Institute presented her with awards for her performances in In the Winter Dark, The Well, and Daydream Believer.

For television Miranda has starred in the telefilm The Jack Bull and dramas Police Rescue and GP.

Miranda has performed on the stage in many productions, most recently in Gigi.
View Quote

[img]http://www.eonline.com/Features/Specials/Lordrings/Location/Images/location_pix02.10_1_00.gif[/img]

[img]http://img-www.theonering.net/movie/images/cast/cast_otto_main.jpg[/img]

Interview with Miranda Otto --

[url]http://www.smh.com.au/news/0007/31/text/features6.html[/url]

Otto is not surprised Australian males are doing well in Hollywood.

"The breed of young American men that I see in LA are really soft. They've never dug a hole, never changed a tyre. They've been to college and they've studied hard and gone all right. But they're really into that college frat boy thing ...

"People respond to Australian men because they're like men. With all their male foibles and their male strengths. I don't know if there's something like that with women as well. Maybe they're a bit more natural than American women."

View Quote

Google, people! google!
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I just wanted to let you know that I finally made my decision.  The hottest LOTR chick has definitely got to be [b]Alley Baggett[/b]!  She has got to be [i]the[/i] perfect Galadriel [:p]  

Oops!  I guess that's one of the good things about reading the book and using your imagination.  [;D]

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Now here is a great use of this feature
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top