Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2013 9:25:51 PM EST
Has anyone seen Hot Coffee documentary? Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:31:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 9:31:24 PM EST by Commando223]
Is it about the McDonald's incident?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:54:12 PM EST
McDonald's should stop selling hot coffee, and start selling only iced coffee since apparently all their customers are retards.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:55:58 PM EST
Some of the coffee is ridiculously hot so you can drive around town swinging your dick about and its still hot. Regardless, I wouldn't expect to be the coffee cold either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:59:54 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RogueSpear2023:
McDonald's should stop selling hot coffee, and start selling only iced coffee since apparently all their customers are retards.
View Quote

Here's one tha didn't see it!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:05:41 PM EST
I was surprised at the burns she sustained. Google mcdonalds coffee burn pictures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:31:15 PM EST
I'm too lazy to post links, but this has been a topic in genereal (sic) a few times in the last month.

Meh. Only ambulance chasers give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:37:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By Firebug93:
I was surprised at the burns she sustained. Google mcdonalds coffee burn pictures.
View Quote

Yea I little reading about it and it almost sorta changed my views about it.

PS- the pics are almost NSFW
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:40:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By Well_Armed_Texan:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When someone heats their coffee to 200 degrees to keep it hot longer- I have to ask why ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:47:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 10:47:44 PM EST by Well_Armed_Texan]
Originally Posted By cubanchurchill:

When someone heats their coffee to 200 degrees to keep it hot longer- I have to ask why ?
View All Quotes

Why what? Why did Mickey D's heat their coffee to 200 degrees?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:50:48 PM EST

View All Quotes

IIRC, it was because of free refills. If the coffee was so hot that you couldn't drink it you'd finish your meal and leave before you needed a refill.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:34:25 PM EST
Wow, I used to talk a lot of shit about people who burned themselves with coffee; but after reading the WIKI on her case, I think that litigation was legit. Coffee at 180 degrees? Jesus, that's excessive.

I also enjoyed that initially, she wanted to settle for $20K to cover her 8 days in the hospital and some lost income, and when McD's refused and offered $800 the lawyers came out. At which point they still stayed reasonable. It wasn't till the jury came around that McD's got hammered, which I think was appropriate given their efforts to railroad the IP...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:13:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By Darcy:
Wow, I used to talk a lot of shit about people who burned themselves with coffee; but after reading the WIKI on her case, I think that litigation was legit. Coffee at 180 degrees? Jesus, that's excessive.

I also enjoyed that initially, she wanted to settle for $20K to cover her 8 days in the hospital and some lost income, and when McD's refused and offered $800 the lawyers came out. At which point they still stayed reasonable. It wasn't till the jury came around that McD's got hammered, which I think was appropriate given their efforts to railroad the IP...
View Quote

In the documetary they talk about a lot of cases that the media and politicians bring up but just happen to leave out the facts. Guy gets hit in a phone booth and sues the phone company......but wait......this booth was at a busy intersection, has been hit multiple times, wasn't repaired properly so he couldn't get out because the door was stuck, and got hit and lost his leg.
Top Top