Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 10:25:51 PM EDT
Has anyone seen Hot Coffee documentary? Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it about the McDonald's incident?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#2]
McDonald's should stop selling hot coffee, and start selling only iced coffee since apparently all their customers are retards.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the coffee is ridiculously hot so you can drive around town swinging your dick about and its still hot.  Regardless, I wouldn't expect to be the coffee cold either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
McDonald's should stop selling hot coffee, and start selling only iced coffee since apparently all their customers are retards.
View Quote

Here's one tha didn't see it!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I was surprised at the burns she sustained. Google mcdonalds coffee burn pictures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm too lazy to post links, but this has been a topic in genereal (sic) a few times in the last month.

Meh. Only ambulance chasers give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was surprised at the burns she sustained. Google mcdonalds coffee burn pictures.
View Quote

Yea I little reading about it and it almost sorta changed my views about it.  

PS- the pics are almost NSFW
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When someone heats their coffee to 200 degrees to keep it hot longer- I have to ask why ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When someone heats their coffee to 200 degrees to keep it hot longer- I have to ask why ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why what? Why did Mickey D's heat their coffee to 200 degrees?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IIRC, it was because of free refills.  If the coffee was so hot that you couldn't drink it you'd finish your meal and leave before you needed a refill.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I used to talk a lot of shit about people who burned themselves with coffee; but after reading the WIKI on her case, I think that litigation was legit. Coffee at 180 degrees? Jesus, that's excessive.

I also enjoyed that initially, she wanted to settle for $20K to cover her 8 days in the hospital and some lost income, and when McD's refused and offered $800 the lawyers came out. At which point they still stayed reasonable. It wasn't till the jury came around that McD's got hammered, which I think was appropriate given their efforts to railroad the IP...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:13:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow, I used to talk a lot of shit about people who burned themselves with coffee; but after reading the WIKI on her case, I think that litigation was legit. Coffee at 180 degrees? Jesus, that's excessive.

I also enjoyed that initially, she wanted to settle for $20K to cover her 8 days in the hospital and some lost income, and when McD's refused and offered $800 the lawyers came out. At which point they still stayed reasonable. It wasn't till the jury came around that McD's got hammered, which I think was appropriate given their efforts to railroad the IP...
View Quote

In the documetary they talk about a lot of cases that the media and politicians bring up but just happen to leave out the facts. Guy gets hit in a phone booth and sues the phone company......but wait......this booth was at a busy intersection, has been hit multiple times, wasn't repaired properly so he couldn't get out because the door was stuck, and got hit and lost his leg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top