Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 9:26:04 PM EDT
Did anyone else here get spanked as a kid with Hot Wheels racing track?

My parents had 4 boys in a 6 year span.  When my mom took all four of us to the grocery store she brought along a 2' piece of red hot wheels track.  

Oh my did that hurt!

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I got a few of those in my younger years.
I think it was the whooping tool of choice for a generation or so.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Been there...

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Here I thought you were going to tell us that the 83 Trans-Am was still the fastest on the track, while your pitiful "TerrorTruck" was gettin smacked down.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It wasn't the initial swat with the track piece that hurt...it was when it wrapped around your leg and the end of it would hit your leg.  That's when it hurt!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Heck ya.  Then the hotwheel set got taken away.

Those things are nothing compared to the suckers that grow off the bottom of an unpruned pomegranate tree.  About as big around as your finger, super flexible and unbreakable.  I can still remember listening to the whistle before impact.  About 10 licks would forgive most transgressions.
Best part was we had the pleasure of picking our own.  Rule was:  If it broke, the count started over.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol.  

I got the "Go get a switch" routine.  heaven forbid you get one too big.  Then you got a few extra once you got the smaller one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah....that stung!!  I got the handle side of a fly swatter too......that wire gets up to speed pretty quick and stung like hell too!!  Man....I was a bad boy!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Never got hit by my PARENTS with one.....but we used to beat the shit outta EACH OTHER with them.....those sombitches HURT.
So do those stupid hollow tubes that whistle when you swing them aroud.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#11]
HOT WHEELS TRACKS??? WAAAAAAAA!!!!

Little pussies. I grew up in New York where MY mom beat the crap out of me with golf clubs and metal trash can lids. And that was just for not sweeping the porch...

...f*cking crybabies!!! [;)]

Actually to tell you the truth... all my dad had to do was give us "the look" and that straightened us REAL QUICK! Never hit us with Hot Wheels tracks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#12]
wooden spoon only took once and whatever it was I did I never did do it agien thats for sure.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I got the wooden spoon with the hole in the middle.  Damn that hurt.

And my little brother got the hot wheels track a couple of times,  but it was from me.  But can't do that anymore,  he's alot bigger than me now.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#14]
the hot wheels track isn't so bad.  it's too light, too flexible, and picks up too much wind resistance.
now, the fly swatter handle... youch!
my mom was always partial to the wooden spoon, but she never really got us too bad with it.
my dad preferred the belt, although the absolute worst i ever got was with a board that her picked out of his woodpile.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Mom had a wooden spoon that had a long handle on it. That sucker would hurt like the devil. Then, during one of my many "corrections" with it, I got the bright idea to"fix" it. Next time I was home alone, I took a hacksaw to the handle. Just enough to weaken it, but not cut it off entirely.
The next time I got disciplined with it, the spoon broke. Then she got mad and started using her hand...even harder than she did with the spoon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Been there...  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#17]
My friend's grandmother was German, and she used to chase us and his older brother around with a wooden spoon.  This prompted the game "granny with the wooden spoon" which basically consisted of all three of us beating the shit out of each other with wooden spoons.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Belts, tree limbs, mama broke a Goodies hairbrush over my knuckles once.  

I was about 13.  Daddy was out of town and she was at work.  Brother and I took his truck for a ride out in the country.  Spinnin' wheels on a dirt road watching the rooster tails that made.  90 degree turn and slid the truck in the ditch.  Took hours to get it out.  Got it home, cleaned it up and all was fine.

Till we got to church that night and somebody asked him if he'd gotten his truck outa the ditch?  Crap!  For that particular incident he took a section of fishing rod and smoked my butt.  Really pissed him off when it got tangled up in the ceiling fan.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#19]
After watching the "Leave it to Beaver" barrel hoops episode, my brother and I made our own hoops out of Hot Wheels tracks. We placed them just inside our bedroom door, then hollered for my poor mom to come in.

My brother was the evil instigator, though. He buttered the stairs once when he was 5 or 6.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#20]
How about the phone aimed at the head and shoulders use in a hammer type motion. Try that one. Leave a mark , yup ,how about knock you out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#21]
My dad used an old fiberglass bike-flag rod.  He cut them in half, and they made a pretty good impact.

We used to have swordfights with Hotwheels tracks though...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#22]
wooden spoon
yard stick  don't ever laugh if it breaks.
3' piece of garden hose  didn't ever get hit with the metal end.
belt.  i can still remember the Zoro slapping sound as my dad would pull it from his pants.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey, how'd you like to get smacked in the head with this friggin' thing:

[img]http://store1.yimg.com/I/toysplususa_1744_6768414[/img]

[i]What's that Momma?  No Momma -I's be good Momma!  I's be GOOD!!!![/i][b]WHACK![/b] [i]MOMMA NOOOO!!! [/i] [b]WHACK! WHACK![/b] [i]NOOooo![size=1]!!![/size=1][/i]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#24]
16" miniature Louisville slugger.  It hurt, but at least it didn't sting too bad.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#25]
If you've ever seen and picked up the boards they use to shuffle around hot pizzas at Pizza Hut, (called a peel) then you can begin to imagine how effective they are for whacking a co-worker's ass.

The smaller peels accelerate faster and sting a lot. The larger ones need a longer swing to pick up speed, but they'll knock you over the counter!

Fortunately, my parents never worked at Pizza Hut, but I did for a while once!   When business was really slow,  we'd take turns whacking each other, always by surprise.    I guess we had too much time on our hands.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Hot wheels tracks hurt worse than some of you think.  They used to be pretty substantial and my ass felt them regularly.

Dad was a big fan of his belt, paddleball paddles, switches, and the back of his hand.  We had a game where he would pretend it hurt him more than me, and I'd pretend it did too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Little pussies. I grew up in New York where MY mom beat the crap out of me with golf clubs and metal trash can lids. And that was just for not sweeping the porch...

Actually to tell you the truth... all my dad had to do was give us "the look" and that straightened us REAL QUICK! Never hit us with Hot Wheels tracks.
View Quote

F*$in A! My mother use to kill us every morning just to keep us in line. She would come into our room and beat us with a metal rod til we were dead then she would clean us up resucitate us with a home made cardiac zapper via a stripped copper wire and an electrical outlet THEn send us to school. That was living. And we like it because it let us know our Mom cared!
Hot wheels track.... Pussies...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep, folded. Then pop graduated to fiberglass puptent frame rods with the metal socket on one end. Then after about 10 it was just straight up USMC drill instructor hate. I think getting slammed into the chimney was the worst. Switches are for pussies.
Corporal Gross, I hate your fucking guts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

F*$in A! My mother use to kill us every morning just to keep us in line. She would come into our room and beat us with a metal rod til we were dead then she would clean us up resucitate us with a home made cardiac zapper via a stripped copper wire and an electrical outlet THEn send us to school. That was living. And we like it because it let us know our Mom cared!
Hot wheels track.... Pussies...
View Quote

oh yea,

you are all pussies!!!

my mom aborted me before i was born!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top