Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:25:10 AM EDT
Our gas water heater just clicks (igniter?) for a few seconds and then stops.  It is not lighting and then about a minute later does it again.   Is there any quick fix?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have gas going to the ignitor, is the valve open, can you smell it?
Is there a spark from the ignitor that you can see, will it ignite a propane torch?
Is it wall or battery powered?  If Batteries, are the batteries charged?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly, my water heater needs to be reset after a problem. Turn off the gas for a set amont of time, then go throuh the startup routine.

Hope this helps.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]

General •   General Discussion •  Hot Water Heater Question
Quoted:
Our gas water heater just clicks (igniter?) for a few seconds and then stops.  It is not lighting and then about a minute later does it again.   Is there any quick fix?

[smartass]If your water is already hot, why would you need to heat it?[/smartass]

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
RTFM

Sorry - best I could offer...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Hot water for me is not the same as hot water for the wife.  Thanks for the laugh but I do not think society will start calling it a "cold water heater".  

Let me try the relight procedure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Hot water heater? That's your problem right there. What you need is a COLD water heater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top