Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2003 2:34:40 PM EDT
1) Obesity and America's fitness level.

2) Affirmative Action.

3) ETA: Possibly the outsourcing of jobs.

Yours?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
national security
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
God
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The erosion of personal privacy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
1. War in Iraq
2 War in Iraq
3 War in Iraq

4 Mad COw disease
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
George Bush is scary, bankrupting the country to benefit his friends, and making the world hate us.

I also predict demonstrations in foreign countries pleading us not to re-elect George Bush.

FOUR MORE YEARS!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It's the economy stupid.[;D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
"Normalization of status" for the ~20,000,000 illegal aliens in America.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
1. Osama bin Laden's whereabouts in TX

2. GWB landing on an aircraft carrier

3. Hillary's transport being named Broomstick One
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't say it's in 2004, but I think it's coming in the next 20 years:

"My neighbor is not recycling enough. Please inspect his garbage!"

With "appropriate" fines handed out for throwing away recyclable materials.

These "do something" well-intentioned liberal buttplugs will see to it that we don't have the freedom to throw away anything they don't want us to.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]
1]economy--yeah it's improving but they will still try to beat up the republicans for the lost jobs, lost wages, stock market losses, etc. No matter that it was a result of the business cycle, poor decisions by the fed and a lack of oversight by the Klintons. The libs believe what they want to believe.

2]deficit--more of the same.

3]9/11--It appears that white house staffers and perhaps the prez were given warnings of potential attack using airplanes. Further, Bin Laden gave interviews prior to the attack specifically noting plans for a major attack against the US. The Dems are going to go after this one if doing so seems to turn the polls. Ifnot, they will clam up fast.

4]Bin Laden remains at large

5]Iraq--need I explain?

6]The AW ban. The soccer mommies are already decided on this one. Fortunately they like the way GWB looked in his flightsuit and he is willing to torch the edges of the Consitution to give them some illusion of security. Like all women, just tell 'em what they want to hear.

7]Mad Cow. The AG dept was warned. There has been lax oversight.

8]Mercury in emissions

The media will, as always, have a major impact. They didn't particularly care for Gore so they were lukewarm and the press was not terribly one-sided. Flip a coin on this one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Gay marriage.

It is dividing the Dems.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#12]
GW's refusal to "join the world", due his constant snubs of the UN, France, Germany and Russia.

[img]http://my.core.com/~oldgrendel/hillbooger.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#13]
4]Bin Laden remains at large
View Quote

Yes Bin Ladens remains are at large… Weather they have assumed ambient temperature or not is the real question. There is no creditable evidence to indicate he is alive and has not been any for almost 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
issues are what we the voteing public make them, So I suggest everyone raise H*** over Dean's health care plan, Vote for the one who will favor the end to AWB but don't make it the issue. #2 should be the nations security do you want some one who does not know what has been going on taking office when GWB has been doing good so far and who can predict the future as far as who will attack the country on a certain date when any democtate can predict the future I will see monkeys fly out of their butt.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
GW's refusal to "join the world", due his constant snubs of the UN, France, Germany and Russia.

[url]http://my.core.com/~oldgrendel/hillbooger.gif[/url]
View Quote

Oh shit...I almost lost it!  I'm still laughing...it's [s]hare[/s]...hard to type dammit!

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]http://my.core.com/~oldgrendel/hillbooger.gif[/url]
View Quote

Oh shit...I almost lost it!  I'm still laughing...it's [s]hare[/s]...hard to type dammit!

[ROFL2]
View Quote

Oh yeah, hillaryarious!
[lol]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Homeland defense, will be the top election issue of 2004. The Dems & Bill C. already dropped by te ball by letting the terrorists killed and damage USA property abroad. The Dems demantled the CIA from foriegn intelligance gathering to studying evniromental issues, and stopping gathering of raw intelligence which led to the vivd images of the 9/11/01 WTC/Pentagon attacks will not be easily forgotten by the sheeple
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#18]
1) Foreign Relations

2) Domestic Security

3) Economics

4) (due to the Demos) Health Care/Social Security

I really hope I hear AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE about #4 this time through... 2000 was the 'Geezer Election', with 90% of the discussion focusing on retirement programs...

Oddly enough, of the first 4 posters, only 1 mentioned a true federal election issue...

Obesity, job outsourcing, and personal privacy are NOT FEDERAL ISSUES, and only an activist judge or a congress who's inviting one would make them such...

Affirmative Action is a judicial issue at this point: the only thing needed to bring down the whole house of cards is the same thing needed to dispel the ficticious 'Right to Privacy': a reversal of the single underpinning decision (Baker in the case of AA, RvW in the case of RTP)...

Heres to hoping for 56 'R's in the Senate come 2005, and a short life for both those decisions...
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Normalization of status" for the ~20,000,000 illegal aliens in America.
View Quote

they are already throwing around ideas to accomplish this for farmworkers/ generic field workers.

i second the cjd, megatons of people eat meat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top