Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:46:34 PM EST
Foxnews just showed part of the latest one. Guy talked about how he wanted to live. They said he begged for his life then his head was cut off.
By now if you're taken hostage by these pig fuckers and they start videoing you you have to assume the tape is going to end with your head in your lap regardless of what you say, so why beg? I'd be swearing and saying "Carpet bomb this shit hole into the stone age. Break out the moabs!"
those terrorists would not get anything from me that they wanted.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:48:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 1:49:15 PM EST by Mauser101]
I agree with your sentiments, and could say I'd do the same, but all bets are off when I've got a sabre to my neck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:49:09 PM EST
Remember what Danial Pearl the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter said, as his dying words just before they killed?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:49:22 PM EST
Good point
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:49:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:50:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:
Remember what Danial Pearl the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter said, as his dying words just before they killed?

what did he say?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:50:46 PM EST

Why don't you remind us?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:53:38 PM EST
Well I think most of us would not have been in a position to be taken hostage. I would like to think, myself included that we would go out fighting. I would take as many of the fuckers with me. If they are in a position to take me, I would make sure that I have a grenade or one last bullet for myself. The funny thing I realize as I type this is that, this is what the Japanese soldiers must have been thinking as we attacked them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:55:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARDOC:
Well I think most of us would not have been in a position to be taken hostage. I would like to think, myself included that we would go out fighting. I would take as many of the fuckers with me. If they are in a position to take me, I would make sure that I have a grenade or one last bullet for myself. The funny thing I realize as I type this is that, this is what the Japanese soldiers must have been thinking as we attacked them.

Main difference is that we did not for the most part do bad things to them as prisoners

whereas they are without any form of honor and kill on a whim.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:05:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 2:07:09 PM EST by USMC_LB]
You dont know how many times the murderers put their victims in front of cameras and get them to talk and beg and then return the victims to wherever they are being held without doing anything.

Almost like putting a handgun to their head and pulling the trigger on a empty chamber....

I believe the victims have the feeling the beheading COULD happen at anytime the cameras are running BUT I honestly do not think they know for sure before it happens...

I watched the young Russian soldier beheading video way before Iraq was even a issue and to me personally it was horrific.

Immediately after watching it I KNEW that EVEN if I had the that animal who was responsible in my custody that I could NEVER stoop so low to do behwead him myself. I would shoot him in the head and kick the lousy corpse into a hole full of pork carcases......

That awful scene and the gruesome sounds are burned into my memory forever so strongly that I have never watched any of the Iraqi beheadings. I did listen to the Berg beheading on the radio and immediately was filled with instant RAGE again just like the night I saw the young Russian soldier murdered.

Kill the terrorists before they start doing those evil acts in our country.

Sorry for the long post but feels better to get it off my chest... thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:11:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 2:13:22 PM EST by warlord]

Originally Posted By ajm1911:

what did he say?

www.villagevoice.com/issues/0209/kamber.php

"My father is a Jew, my mother is a Jew, and I am a Jew"

========================================================================
I wouldn't want to be taken as a hostage to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:22:22 PM EST
usmc_LB

agreed.

the sounds, the scene.

one i will not repeat.

the one and only i saw was armstrong.

forever burned in my brain.

forever will guide my decisions toward these forms of people.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:35:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mauser101:
I agree with your sentiments, and could say I'd do the same, but all bets are off when I've got a sabre to my neck.

I whole-heartedly agree.... I'd like to say that I would have the resolve to say some hardcore shit like that... But hope is a powerful force and it makes you hang on to things that are too far gone.

However, it is so important to carry on their standard and avenge their deaths,

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from failing hands, we throw
The torch-Be yours to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though
poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

- Captain John D. McCrae
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:36:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 9:44:08 PM EST by GrH_Revelation]

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

Most of the individuals that were beheaded were captured during the night and did not have the ability to strike back.

Immediately after watching it I KNEW that EVEN if I had the that animal who was responsible in my custody that I could NEVER stoop so low to do behwead him myself. I would shoot him in the head and kick the lousy corpse into a hole full of pork carcases......

I agree.. War is terrible, though necessary, but I will treat my adversary as I would like to be treated. "What is the final destination of hatred? When you look into the eyes of your enemy and see yourself" - To End All Wars

Killing is necessary in the world that we live in. But you defeat yourself and your cause when you or the cause becomes as convuluted as the enemy. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard.
Top Top