Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2012 6:58:51 PM EDT
Guys,

I saw this show advertised as coming soon to A&E. The show is called Panic 911.

The promo lasted for several minutes. It was made up of a real 911 recording and three actors playing various parts.

San Jose California, 1993

The story was that a young mother and her eight year old son were hiding in a bedroom closet while a male intruder was roaming through the house. The mother was on the phone with the 911 operator the whole time. As I was listening to the fear in her voice, I kept thinking, "Man, I wish she had a firearm."

In a few seconds I learned that she did have a gun. (The mother told the operator that she had "a gun".)

The operator kept the mother talking, but the operator's focus was on the intruder and the firearm. The mother was absolutely terrified and the opertator kept asking about the gun. What was it? Was it loaded? Where is the gun now?

When the mother said that she was holding the loaded pistol, the operator told the mother to "put the gun down". The mother asked, "Put the gun down?" The operator said, "Yeah, we don't want that."

The mother then said, "Ok, the gun is down".

The next thing you hear is the mother screaming and screaming. That's where the promo ended.

I couldn't help but think that the woman ended up being raped or killed because she listened to the operator.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good thing she put the gun down.  They kill people and are dangerous.

I remember watching this show as a kid.. hah
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
{Trevon Martin thread} She had to put the gun down.  The dispatcher ordered her to. {/TMt}
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I just watched the actual episode.

The woman lived but she had to roll around and fight with the guy for about 60 seconds....then the police broke down her door.

Someone should have pimp slapped that operator.

The bad guy almost got hurt!
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just watched the actual episode.

The woman lived but she had to roll around and fight with the guy for about 60 seconds....then the police broke down her door.

Someone should have pimp slapped that operator.

The bad guy almost got hurt!

Hopefully the operator told him to put his weapon down also.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The first commercial I watched was nothing but gunshot sounds and a montage of AR's..... I was like "fuck them"

I hope they all joke on herpes infested dicks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The drama miners are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Will not watch.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's a good thing she put the gun down.  They kill people and are dangerous.

I remember watching this show as a kid.. hah
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Rescue_911.jpg

I was in a bit on that show for a neck injury rescue we did off Long Island circa 1989? or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top