Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 9:08:15 AM EDT

Arraignments are scheduled Thursday for five people arrested late Wednesday night at Escape Reality, an adult entertainment club, on Dailey Road in Edwardsburg.

The names of those arrested will be released after their arraignments, according to a news release from Cass County Sheriff Joe Underwood. Charges against them include lewd and lascivious conduct, prostitution, delivery of cocaine and ecstasy.

A two-month investigation by the Cass County Drug Enforcement Team and Michigan Liquor Control Commission resulted in the arrests at the club.

Complaints of narcotics dealings and prostitution received by the Ontwa Township-Edwardsburg Police Department and Cass County Sheriff’s Department lead to the investigation.

The investigation is ongoing, Underwood said, and more charges against those arrested are expected.

Dancer faces more charges after testing positive for HIV.

EDWARDSBURG — If Cass County Prosecutor Victor Fitz has his way, the Edwardsburg area strip club that was raided a week ago will be shut down for as long as a year.

Fitz's receipt of a temporary restraining order to padlock the Escape Reality club on Dailey Road was one of two developments Tuesday. In the other, a dancer charged initially with various offenses including keeping a house of prostitution has now been charged also with three counts of engaging in sexual penetration without advising partners she was HIV positive.

Fitz identified the dancer as Melissa "Star" Goodman, 23. He said all three HIV-related incidents are alleged to have occurred inside the club between Feb. 11 and April 15.

Each count carries a penalty of up to four years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

Goodman was arraigned on the charges Tuesday. She's being held on a $40,000 bond.

Fitz said the potential for spreading diseases was included in his filing of a nuisance abatement action in Circuit Court seeking to shut down the club for a year. The complaint alleges that the club is a "dangerous common nuisance due to ongoing drug activity, prostitution and repeated acts of lewd behavior."

The abatement request and last week's raid followed an investigation of alleged illegal activities at the club that was launched several months ago. Neighbors' complaints prompted the investigation.

Six people were arrested initially and a seventh turned herself in on Monday. The dancers range in age from 19 to 29.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Drugs are so cool. We should legalize them. the people involved in the drug trade are so classy and wonderful.

In before the claims of knowing someone who is wildly successful and does drugs
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the wifes friends is back in town from LA this week. She came over to visit and have a few Heinies last night. Anyway she starts telling us stories of how the gay men in LA go out with the intention of spreading HIV. Me =

Im like are you fucking serious ? She hangs out in some gay bar because her friend is a bar tender there , and she says she has heard the patronage talk this way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
They were stupid, they got caught.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of the wifes friends is back in town from LA this week. She came over to visit and have a few Heinies last night. Anyway she starts telling us stories of how the gay men in LA go out with the intention of spreading HIV. Me =

Im like are you fucking serious ? She hangs out in some gay bar because her friend is a bar tender there , and she says she has heard the patronage talk this way.

In all fairness more than a few heteros have been busted doing this same thing...

by LA do you mean Lower Alabama? Louisiana or Los Angeles.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sound like good  "gay population" control!

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:40:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Word on the street is that it was the investigating officer/s that penetrated the HIV girl.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all fairness more than a few heteros have been busted doing this same thing...

by LA do you mean Lower Alabama? Louisiana or Los Angeles.

There is a major difference.  The Hetero cases are almost always out of spit and vengence.  The lady who went to LA is discribing a voluntary act.  Some in the gay community feel that the real issue facing homosexuals is HIV.  Therefore, unless you have HIV, you can not truely be homosexual or a full part of the community.  So, the "bug catchers" set out to get infected so they can truely be gay.  

I have had quit a few gay and lesbian friends over the years.  I doubt they were bug catchers, but who knows.  There are several books out on the subject of these subsets in the gay community.  The books detail how in some groups, parties are held where the sex is unprotected and the party attendees know that some of the others have HIV.  The goal is to take the risk, and maybe get the disease.

Very odd in my opinion, but if you feel you must have HIV to be gay, and you want to embrace your homosexuality, then I guess in its own odd way it makes sense.

Heck, I am a gun owner.  So, in the words of Phil Gramm, I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top