Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2010 9:19:48 PM EDT
My pastor is asking for my wisdom about purchasing a 6 month old Honda Fit.  What should I look for in the car?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Honda Fit is good, reliable little car.   A little cheapy feeling in that there's not a lot of sound insulation.  The 2007 Fit I had for a while was VERY loud on the highway.   Of course, the tires have a lot to do with that as well.  

The fold down seats KICK ASS.   You can fit a deceptively large amount of shit in that car, and it's not all tiny and cramped inside.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine owns one and has been disappointed by the MPG, only getting about 25 mpg on the highway. Otherwise, a good car.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, he decided to pass on this one, so if nobody else has any questions I'll let this thread fade into the archives

Thanks again
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A friend of mine owns one and has been disappointed by the MPG, only getting about 25 mpg on the highway. Otherwise, a good car.

He's doing something wrong.   I got 33-34 out of mine on the highway.   Got 38 on a trip from DFW to Austin (with underinflated tires, no less).

Possibilities:

Friend has a lead foot - the biggest reason for shitty mileage
Bad alignment
Underinflated tires  (forgot what I ran mine at, but they were a few PSI over what the owner's manual recommended)
Poorly running engine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top