Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/25/2007 6:37:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 6:58:04 AM EST by vrwc0915]
Reading another thread this comment got me thinking:
"The whole "Gays are bad" thing is based only in the bible and has no facts to go with it."

First of all it is an over simplification and I agree that "gays are not bad" but the homosexual choice is bad for society as a whole and that there are plenty of facts to back that up.

1. HIV is statisticly staggering in gays compared to hetrosexuals
2. Pedophiles and serial killers are statisticly way over reperesented by homosexuals
3. Homosexuals do not procreate

So it can be said that I do not "hate" gays but their choice of lifestyle is very bad for society as a whole, furthermore I could not care less what consenting adults do in private with each other but I am fed up of the forced "tollerance" that is being pushed

In summary do what you want with consenting adult partners in private DO NOT EXPECT me to accept or condone your lifestyle
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:41:05 AM EST
Here is a question that I'd like answered;

Lets say that gays are correct, there is a "gene" that makes them the way they are, it is not a "choice".

Because they will be able to run genetic testing on unborn babies (to see if they're prone to any diseases etc.), and they find this "gay gene". And the woman wants to abort.. do you think they would be livid from this?

Think they'll try to get laws passed that ban the abortion based on homosexuality?

Its a long shot/extreme case, but I haven't really ever gotten a straight answer from anyone.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:41:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By vrwc0915:
"The whole "Gays are bad" thing is based only in the bible and has no facts to go with it."

First of all it is an over simplification and I agree that "gays are not bad" but the homosexual choice is bad for society as a whole and that there are plenty of facts to back that up.

2. Pedophiles and serial killers are statisticly way over reperesented by homosexuals

So it can be said that I do not "hate" gays but their choice of lifestyle is very bad for society as a whole, furthermore I could not care less what consenting adults do in private with each other but I am fed up of the forced "tollerance" that is being pushed

In summary do what you want with consenting adult partners in private DO NOT EXPECT me to accept or condone your lifestyle

According to Dr. Robin Baker PhD, who has done a ton of research on human sexuality, that is not necessarily true.

I Highly suggest reading his book Sperm Wars. It is fascinating.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:42:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By thelastgunslinger:
According to Dr. Robin Baker PhD, who has done a ton of research on human sexuality, that is not necessarily true.

I think he means that two homosexuals living together don't pop out babies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:44:25 AM EST
David Alan Coe has a pretty good summary of the situation..

Fuck Anita Briant Lyrics by David Alan Coe

Hey, Fuck Anita Bryant
Who the Hell is she
Telling all them faggots
That they can't be free
Throw that bitch in prison
then maybe she'll see
just how much them goddamned homosexuals mean to me

Because they...
Wash your clothes
clean your cell
help you drain your hose
give you smokes
laugh at jokes
sew up all your clothes
rub your feet
beat your meat
Heaven only knows
What I'd do without those homosexuals

They all
Read and Write
Fuck all night
Clean your fingernails
help you dress
play you chess
lay you down some rails
Be your wife
take your life
in a jealous rage
who says we don't need them homosexuals

I tell you
Some are big
some are small
some are in-between
some are yellow belly queers
and some of them are mean
some are killers
some are thiefs
some are singers too
In fact Anita Bryant
Some act just like you

So, fuck Anita Bryant
Who the Hell is she
Telling all them faggots
That they can't be free
Throw that bitch in prison
then maybe she'll see
just how much them goddamned homosexuals mean to me

Because they...
Wash your clothes
clean your cell
help you drain your hose
give you smokes
laugh at jokes
sew up all your clothes
rub your feet
beat your meat
Heaven only knows
What I'd do without those homosexuals

They all
Read and Write
Fuck all night
Clean your fingernails
help you dress
play you chess
lay you down some rails
Be your wife
take your life
in a jealous rage
who says we don't need them homosexuals

I tell you
Some are big
some are small
some are in-between
some are yellow belly queers
and some of them are mean
some are killers
some are thiefs
some are singers too
In fact Anita Bryant
Some act just like you
-----

Kinda like that movie A Day Without A Mexican, what would happen if we had A Day Without A Homo?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:44:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

I think he means that two homosexuals living together don't pop out babies.

"Where's the fetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?"
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:44:48 AM EST

If Phd Baker is trying to convince people that 2 males procreate
If he is saying that a queer happens to knock someone up then leaves once again the impact to society is a harmfull one
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:47:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 6:59:33 AM EST by 1911Custom]
. . .
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:48:51 AM EST

If Phd Baker is trying to convince people that 2 males procreate
If he is saying that a queer happens to knock someone up then leaves once again the impact to society is a harmfull one

Of course he isn't suggesting that two males can procreate.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:49:49 AM EST
Regarding point 2, I would almost consider it a Chicken/ Egg kinda thing.
Are (according to your assertion) gays more likely to be serial killers/ pedos because it's inherent in gays, or is it because they're minds are so fucked from a lifetime of abuse and being looked down upon by society for being gay?

I don't know if that makes any sense.

I'll refrain from making a cliche comparison to guns/ gun ownership regarding "tolerance".
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:50:00 AM EST

Some men consciously seek the virus, openly declaring themselves bug chasers, he says, while many more are just as actively seeking HIV but are in denial and wouldn't call themselves bug chasers. Cabaj estimates that at least twenty-five percent of all newly infected gay men fall into that category.

With about 40,000 new infections in the United States per year, according to government reports, that would mean around 10,000 each year are attributable to that more liberal definition of bug chasing.

Bug Chasers
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:50:40 AM EST

Of course he isn't suggesting that two males can procreate.

Gay males (and lesbians) can have children, I don't think thats been disputed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:50:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1911Custom:

Originally Posted By vrwc0915: ...the...bible and has no facts to go with it."
FIXED IT FOR YOU!

The bible (and the people who twist it for there own agenda) is far worse for society as a whole, than girl-on-girl / boy-on-boy action.

That was not my quote and you obviously did not get it but thanks for your opinion you are wrong however. If you could put aside your hatred for anything Christian you would see that I was only referring to homos detrimental impact to society in a 100% secular way
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:53:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By Nlinc:
Are (according to your assertion) gays more likely to be serial killers/ pedos because it's inherent in gays, or is it because they're minds are so fucked from a lifetime of abuse and being looked down upon by society for being gay?

I'll refrain from making a cliche comparison to guns/ gun ownership regarding "tolerance".

Wrong, a firearm is an object which has no impact on society one way or the other untill used homosexualty is actions and lifestyle that do have an impact
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:56:19 AM EST
My impact on society has been to dispel the stereotype of the liberal whiney gay.

I kind of wish people would cut down on the procreation, it's getting pretty crowded around here. Seriously though, popping out children without seeming to give a shit about their upbringing and well being isn't really a score for the other side. There are more and more feral humans running around every day. Oh well, at least they are "procreating".
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:59:34 AM EST
A lot of the gay men my wife knows and works with seem to be self destructive and almost seem to live their lifstyle to piss-off others (peers, parents, society in general). Definetly not true for all gay men. Just an observation.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:59:55 AM EST

1. HIV is statisticaly staggering in gays compared to hetrosexuals It may have had a larger impact on the gay community, but AIDS is a worldwide problem regardless of any one persons sexuality. Even if it was strictly a gay disease, would you also make such sweeping negative statements about other diseases that impact specific groups of citizens
2. Pedophiles and serial killers are statisticly way over represented by homosexuals I would say no, that whats more common is their warped views of sexuality and proper interaction with other members of society( socialization )
3. Homosexuals do not procreate Homosexuals are as biologically capable of procreating as any other citizen. the fact that their partners are same sex and thus not capable of procreating with each other does not make them "bad for society" as you put it.

So it can be said that I do not "hate" gays but their choice of lifestyle is very bad for society as a whole, furthermore I could not care less what consenting adults do in private with each other but I am fed up of the forced "tolerance" that is being pushed

Is anyone asking you to join them in homosexual activities simply by them talking about gay issues publicly? No. Nor should they have to hide behind closed doors and not discuss issues important to them simply because it makes you uncomfortable.I think that you need to examine your biases. They are quite apparent in the talking points you've listed to support your dislike of them. For instance, you claim to not care what goes on behind closed doors, but then you list the fact that a gay couple cannot conceive as a reason to disapprove of homosexuality? So what if they can't have kids together.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:04:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By gitarmac:
My impact on society has been to dispel the stereotype of the liberal whiney gay.

I kind of wish people would cut down on the procreation, it's getting pretty crowded around here. Seriously though, popping out children without seeming to give a shit about their upbringing and well being isn't really a score for the other side. There are more and more feral humans running around every day. Oh well, at least they are "procreating".

Thank you for responding and I want to assure you that I do respect you as a human being and have absolutly zero ill will to you as a person. I do disagree with your lifestyle but as I mentioned before so long as your sex life is private and with consenting adults it is none of my concern. I do disagree with you on procreation overall, I also want to state that parents that do not care for their children are the #1 threat to westrern civilization
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:04:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By tc556guy:

1. HIV is statisticaly staggering in gays compared to hetrosexuals It may have had a larger impact on the gay community, but AIDS is a worldwide problem regardless of any one persons sexuality. Even if it was strictly a gay disease, would you also make such sweeping negative statements about other diseases that impact specific groups of citizens
2. Pedophiles and serial killers are statisticly way over represented by homosexuals I would say no, that whats more common is their warped views of sexuality and proper interaction with other members of society( socialization )
3. Homosexuals do not procreate Homosexuals are as biologically capable of procreating as any other citizen. the fact that their partners are same sex and thus not capable of procreating with each other does not make them "bad for society" as you put it.

So it can be said that I do not "hate" gays but their choice of lifestyle is very bad for society as a whole, furthermore I could not care less what consenting adults do in private with each other but I am fed up of the forced "tolerance" that is being pushed

Is anyone asking you to join them in homosexual activities simply by them talking about gay issues publicly? No. Nor should they have to hide behind closed doors and not discuss issues important to them simply because it makes you uncomfortable.I think that you need to examine your biases. They are quite apparent in the talking points you've listed to support your dislike of them. For instance, you claim to not care what goes on behind closed doors, but then you list the fact that a gay couple cannot conceive as a reason to disapprove of homosexuality? So what if they can't have kids together.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:05:59 AM EST
Regardless of one's religious beliefs, it would seem that a simple study of human anatomy would clear up what is correct on this issue.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:06:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 7:10:46 AM EST by California_Kid]

3. Homosexuals do not procreate ...

You're saying this is a BAD thing?

This poll is absurd. The existence of homosexuality in a fraction of the human population is as old as history, and it also exists in many other species. It has nothing to do with personal choices.

They're queer, they're here, they're part of life and that is that.

...Lets say that gays are correct, there is a "gene" that makes them the way they are, it is not a "choice"....

That has already been shown to be the case in sheep.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:08:29 AM EST
destruction of family unit, destruction of values and personal responsibility, etc.

Very very bad for our society as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:09:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 7:10:39 AM EST by vrwc0915]

Originally Posted By California_Kid:

A nation that does not obtain replacement rate is a dying nation, Yes as a whole to society not procreating is a bad thing

Edit you point of it's not a choice is 100% opinion and in my opinion 100% false
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:10:51 AM EST
They have a dramatic impact on the fabulosity of America.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:10:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By Nlinc:

Wrong, a firearm is an object which has no impact on society one way or the other untill used homosexualty is actions and lifestyle that do have an impact

I was not referring to the guns themselves so much as the gun "culture." In your original post you said you were fed up with the "forced tolerance"; how can you expect them to tolerate your hobbies such as gun ownership, when you feel "forced" to tolerate their sexuality?
How would you like it if you were told you can own and shoot guns, but don't talk about owning or shooting them in public.

Any lib could argue just as vehemently about how bad gun ownership is for society, but it doesn't make it so. I could come up with a mirror post to yours making similar assertions.

As I said, I was trying to avoid the cliche comparison.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:11:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
destruction of family unit, destruction of values and personal responsibility, etc.

Funny, sounds like a win-win to me.

Fear of gays converting you is not a reason to hate them, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:11:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 7:13:02 AM EST by California_Kid]

A nation that does not obtain replacement rate is a dying nation, Yes as a whole to society not procreating is a bad thing

Edit you point of it's not a choice is 100% opinion and in my opinion 100% false

Are you really concerned that homosexuality is spreading, and that is going to threaten our nation's ability to maintain a population level?

Why would anyone choose to be a member of a group that is subject to discrimination? How many Christians convert to Judaism?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:16:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

Yes because we all know that hetero couples/ marriages are preserving the family unit... Never mind that 50% divorce rate. Values are subjective and differ between people/ cultures.
And personal responsibility disappeared because of the government nanny state, and poor parenting (there's that wonderful family unit at work again), not gays.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:16:41 AM EST

This thread is so ghey gay gai
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:17:17 AM EST
It just ain't natural !!!!!!!!!!

fred
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:20:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By FredZiffle:

fred

If you're against everything that "ain't natural" what are you doing on a forum about EBRs, which contain ~0% "natural" parts?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:22:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By gitarmac:
There are more and more feral humans running around every day.

i love it, feral humans.

i am going to use that one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:23:06 AM EST
My feelings about the issue are illustrated by this quote from Jefferson:

“But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
Thomas Jefferson

I feel the same way about gays. It's not a lifestyle that I would endorse or participate in, but they do me no injury.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:23:52 AM EST

Last time I looked, world and national populations are growing. This is a non-issue for this topic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:24:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By FredZiffle:

Shaving is not natural. Driving a car is not natural. Having a job is not natural.

But homosexuality occurs in other species besides humans, so how could it not be natural? It's a minority trait to be sure, but it is among the range of natural behaviors just as having green eyes or type B blood or being left-handed is natural.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:25:12 AM EST
I don't have a problem with gays...just don't think it should be promoted to the extent it is in the media.

And why do gays always act like women? I mean sure they like sex with men, but why does that mean they don't like manly things like sports? Ever wonder that?

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:25:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By tc556guy:

Last time I looked, world and national populations are growing. This is a non-issue for this topic.

Only Africa

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:26:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By jrkarp:
My feelings about the issue are illustrated by this quote from Jefferson:

“But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
Thomas Jefferson

I feel the same way about gays. It's not a lifestyle that I would endorse or participate in, but they do me no injury.

That's true, but they want to be mainstream and have society's blessing. They can do what they want but don't expect me to condone it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:26:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 7:27:14 AM EST by California_Kid]

Originally Posted By SilentType:

...And why do gays always act like women?

As someone who has been acquainted and worked with many gay men, I can tell you most of them don't behave like women. Some do, but largely that is a stereotype perpetuated for reasons I don't fully understand by Hollywood and the media.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:28:50 AM EST

Only Africa

Do you see the US population shrinking? No. Its growing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:30:22 AM EST

Only Africa

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Fertility_rate_world_map.PNG/800px-Fertility_rate_world_map.PNG

As I understand fertility rates, replacement (zero population change) is about 2.1, so from the information provided it appears the US population is growing. Not as fast as central Africa, but it is growing.

As far as I'm concerned, 300 million is too many.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:34:13 AM EST

Only Africa

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Fertility_rate_world_map.PNG/800px-Fertility_rate_world_map.PNG

As I understand fertility rates, replacement (zero population change) is about 2.1, so from the information provided it appears the US population is growing. Not as fast as central Africa, but it is growing.

I will get the tabular data but that is a average and in most areas it is < 2
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:35:13 AM EST

I agree. When Main Street USA starts looking like the pics in that abandoned Chicago suburb thread from last week, we can all be worried.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:38:30 AM EST

Here is a question that I'd like answered;

Lets say that gays are correct, there is a "gene" that makes them the way they are, it is not a "choice".

Because they will be able to run genetic testing on unborn babies (to see if they're prone to any diseases etc.), and they find this "gay gene". And the woman wants to abort.. do you think they would be livid from this?

Think they'll try to get laws passed that ban the abortion based on homosexuality?

Its a long shot/extreme case, but I haven't really ever gotten a straight answer from anyone.

It's not like, "Oh hey he has a gay gene he's gonna be gay for sure" It's a little more complicated than that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:39:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 7:41:05 AM EST by California_Kid]

...I will get the tabular data but that is a average and in most areas it is < 2

I wish the US population was declining, but it's not.

U.S. POPClock Projection

According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, the resident population of the United States, projected to 02/25/07 at 17:38 GMT (EST+5) is

COMPONENT SETTINGS FOR FEBRUARY 2007
One birth every.................................. 8 seconds
One death every.................................. 11 seconds
One international migrant (net) every............ 25 seconds
Net gain of one person every..................... 12 seconds

Even if you toss out the effects of immigration the population is still growing - People are being born more often than they are dying.

Linkus

US fertility rates being lower than third-world shitholes has a lot more to do with our education level and availability of contraception than it does with homosexuality. The rate of homosexuality in the population is not changing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:40:29 AM EST
I suppose any choice of lifestyle is justifiable by those with flexible moral values.

Sadly, the difference between right and wrong has become subjective to those same people.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:43:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gunner1X:
I suppose any choice of lifestyle is justifiable by those with flexible moral values....

It's unfortunate that people talk past each other so thoroughly on this subject.

My moral values are not flexible. I do not believe that homosexuality in general is the result of a choice, nor do I believe that private sexual behavior between consenting adults can be called wrong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:49:26 AM EST
Actually, For most of human history...Bisexuality, Tribal polyamory and Poligemy WAS the natural state of human affairs.

If all of Human History was a 24 hour clock...Exclusive Heterosexuality would only exist in the last 6 minutes between 23:54 and 00:00.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:49:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gunner1X:
I suppose any choice of lifestyle is justifiable by those with flexible moral values.

Sadly, the difference between right and wrong has become subjective to those same people.

What makes you think that "right" and 'wrong" have had the same definition without change through all time?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:51:33 AM EST

The whole "Gays are bad" thing is based only in the bible and has no facts to go with it.

All our laws, our whole society is base on the bible...if we had no laws from the bible, i would guess gays would have gone the way of the jews in nazi germany.

fred
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:00:18 AM EST

All our laws, our whole society is base on the bible...if we had no laws from the bible, i would guess gays would have gone the way of the jews in nazi germany.

fred

Actually...The Germans did send the Gays to the Gas Chambers...Right Along with the Jews.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top