Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 5:30:58 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186872,00.html

Homeless Man Set on Fire in Boston

Sunday, March 05, 2006

BOSTON — A homeless man sleeping in a park was attacked early Sunday by two men who kicked him in the stomach and then set him on fire, police said.

No arrests were made and police gave no indication of what might have motivated the attack.

The 30-year-old homeless man, whose name was not released, told police he was awakened by the men kicking him in Langone Park in the city's North End.

He drifted back to sleep after the assault, but the men returned, drenched him with a flammable liquid and set his legs on fire, police said.

A 911 caller reported flames in the park, and firefighters found the man wrapped in a blanket after he had ripped off some of his burning clothes.

"He was shivering and was partially dressed," said police spokesman John Boyle.

The park is a short walk from a cluster of downtown bars.

The victim was treated at Massachusetts General Hospital for burns to his legs.

Nationally, the number of assaults against the homeless has risen dramatically since 2002, according to a recent report by the National Coalition for the Homeless. In 2005, 73 homeless people were assaulted nationwide and 13 died, the report said.

Last August, a 40-year-old homeless man died in Boston after he was beaten. Two teenagers have been charged with manslaughter.

In Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a homeless man was beaten to death the same night a surveillance camera captured two people assaulting a homeless men with a baseball bat. A third homeless man was bludgeoned nearby with a golf club. Three teenagers have pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and attempted murder.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
are homeless people allowed to apply for CCW's without an address?

obviously not applicible in MA...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186872,00.html

Homeless Man Set on Fire in Boston

Sunday, March 05, 2006

BOSTON — A homeless man sleeping in a park was attacked early Sunday by two men who kicked him in the stomach and then set him on fire, police said.

No arrests were made and police gave no indication of what might have motivated the attack.

The 30-year-old homeless man, whose name was not released, told police he was awakened by the men kicking him in Langone Park in the city's North End.

He drifted back to sleep after the assault, but the men returned, drenched him with a flammable liquid and set his legs on fire, police said.

A 911 caller reported flames in the park, and firefighters found the man wrapped in a blanket after he had ripped off some of his burning clothes.

"He was shivering and was partially dressed," said police spokesman John Boyle.

The park is a short walk from a cluster of downtown bars.

The victim was treated at Massachusetts General Hospital for burns to his legs.

Nationally, the number of assaults against the homeless has risen dramatically since 2002, according to a recent report by the National Coalition for the Homeless. In 2005, 73 homeless people were assaulted nationwide and 13 died, the report said.

Last August, a 40-year-old homeless man died in Boston after he was beaten. Two teenagers have been charged with manslaughter.

In Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a homeless man was beaten to death the same night a surveillance camera captured two people assaulting a homeless men with a baseball bat. A third homeless man was bludgeoned nearby with a golf club. Three teenagers have pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and attempted murder.

And yet another youth enters the system fully not realizing the consequences of dropping the soap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I think we found a way to break the monopoly from the Saudi's.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
That'll teach him to keep his ass out of Boston.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
thats some sick fucking shit. I hope they catch the fucks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
[bostonian] That was mad freakin wicked awesome cool! [bostonian]

No, seriously kill the fucks who did it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The dude got awakened by some kids kicking him in the stomach,then he FELL BACK ASLEEP after the assault ???!!!

WTF!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember what Richard Prior said. " when your on fire, people get out of your way!"  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Just for the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Well great, this is the city I will be visiting next month...sheesh
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess Boston isn't a center for bright liberal light after all...I mean this is something you would expect to happen in a red state right? Where we hate homeless people, homosexuals and minorities?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire...

In all seriousness, that is some sick shit.  Homeless people annoy me, but as long as they don't bother me, I'll leave them alone.  Unless that guy was a murderer or a child molester, or something like that, there isn't much he could have done to deserve being set on fire.  Those fucking bastards need to do some serioud time...

Fucking savages...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#13]
The homeless are ESPECIALLY vulnurable to this sort of shit.

After all, they are pretty much physically and mentally unable to defend themselves or they wouldn't be homeless.

The police really don't go all out to catch the scumbags that perp crimes against them because they don't have the same clout the average guy does.

Wanna go to jail? Mug a Beacon Hill native.

Want to skate? Murder a homeless guy.

The things that happen to the homeless are really an abomination.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I've taken care of burn patients and that is cruel painful shit that they did to this guy.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I guess Boston isn't a center for bright liberal light after all...I mean this is something you would expect to happen in a red state right? Where we hate homeless people, homosexuals and minorities?

They'll solve the problem by passing more gun control laws. SOP in MA in such situations.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They'll solve the problem by passing more gun control laws. SOP in MA in such situations.

Ban matches!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#17]
mna i am a firefighter and heard about this that is just fuckin wrong like a few said the homelss annoy me but they did nothing to me and they aint got anything or anyone  so have some simpathy

amaagine after he got beaten adn then burned all he could do is wrap back up in a blanket all the pain and freezing cold weather hwe have been having gotta feel bad for the poor man

i say give him a gun and let him clean up bostons scum
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#18]
While its sad someone set him on fire and several have been beaten to death lately, I personally think we could do without the lazy bastards. My solution?

Round up all the homeless, and make them work, say doing community servises, instead of making the city crappier by having smelly eyesores  hanging around parks and public places thye can make the same places they help make crappy a better place by mowing grass, weedeating, picking up trash, painting buildings, landscaping and washing the cement.

In exchange for them working 6 days a week 10 hours a day they get to live in a tent community with other homeless people and they get three meals a day (skimpy ones of course), and some clothes (cheap stuff of course).

They wont get payed, if they want to earn money they have to work on there one day off or at night. They have to shower daily and if they decide they want to get a real job and do something with there life they get to live in the tent for 1 month while working a outside job untill they can save up enough money to be on their own.

If they refuse to work they dont get any food or water, or if they try to run away, stick there ass in the desert away from all civiliation. If they want to freeload they can do it where they wont be an eyesore on society. If they cant survive in the wilderness tough.

*Pathetic excuse for a human* "Hey man you have a dollar"?

*Me* "No, but I have some mace. If you let me spray you in your eyes you can have  .50 cents."

Or "Sure man I'll give you 20$, spend the afternoon mowing lawns for me." Needless to say none are willing to work for money.

Nothing worse then the persistant ones who seem to think society owes them something, they just wont lay off when you tell them your not giving emm any money.

The ones that arent cracked out are usually drunks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top