Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:47:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 11:07:39 AM EDT by saj2694]
http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=10012

could this be real, or is the tinfoil hat picking up the wrong signals again?

Edited to cool link
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:49:14 AM EDT
smells like a giant, steaming pile off bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:49:53 AM EDT
Did you look at the source?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:51:04 AM EDT
and that's probably one link to leave cold

could you find a more left wing site to link to?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT
Who knows? Pesonally, at first blush, I would think this is bogus, the govt doesn't have enough personel to station at every bank branch to check whether you are withdrawing what, during an emergency even less.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:03:54 AM EDT

After discussing the matter with them at length, she and the other employees were then told not to discuss the subject with anyone.

This is the classic method for saying something you WANT to use to defame the other side but have NO evidence, no clue yet want to say it SOOOOOOO bad you cannot contain yourself.

How do you know a liberal is lying? Watch for their mouths to open.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:13:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 11:23:42 AM EDT by Max_Mike]

Originally Posted By bastiat:
smells like a giant, steaming pile off bullshit.

A apt description.

Tin-foil bullshit for the idiot fringe.

Some pearls of stupidity from the story…

A family member from Irvine, CA

…..

She said they were told how only agents from Homeland Security (during such an event) would be in charge of opening safe deposit boxes and determining what items would be given to bank customers.

…..

After discussing the matter with them at length, she and the other employees were then told not to discuss the subject with anyone.

…..

Why haven’t you heard more about this?

First of all, since maybe only banks’ upper management is privy to the new "rules", the information doesn’t trickle down so easily.

Also keep in mind that employees have been told NOT to say anything about this, that it’s a matter of National Security (with an allusion toward arrest if they do).

…..

It is also important to realize that not everyone’s a writer, or Internet savvy - even if the employees moved beyond their banks’ warnings & constraints, most people don’t know how to get their experience published on the Web in the public domain - it’s a mystery they are not familiar with so you never hear their story.

…..

I’m not trying to "scare" anyone - just providing some news I think is relevant to Americans. Each must find his way through this dark forest - you will do with this information what best suits you and your loved ones - me personally, I see this as another indicator of how the criminals in charge over our lives intend to fleece U.S. citizens completely then dispose of them as only refuse.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:16:12 PM EDT
Dont think for a minute that the Banks can't or won't determine what you may or may not take out of there facilities. They can and WILL limit withdrawls, they always do during an emergency so why not other things
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:31:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:39:27 PM EDT
Isn't bellacio one of those lefty "underground rebel" type websites? I wouldn't trust them to get the time of day right.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:28:23 PM EDT
After the "Great Depression" new banking regulations were written for bank holidays (closings, community desasters, war and as directed) and such.
So safe deposit boxes would not be available until authorized. The conditions of access are not going to be in your favor.
Putting anything you need quick access to, that can be embarrasing, can be used against you, in a bank is not wise.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:45:32 PM EDT
The .gov decided around 1998 to try to find the rightful owners of the contents of safe deposit boxes that were removed from banks during the Great Depression.

The history is there, so don't be too quick to dismiss this.

(And remember, shiny side up for the tin foil)
Top Top