Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:46:14 AM EDT
I have a Pioneer vsx-455 receiver I bought new a few years ago, I now have no sound except for just a barely audible whisper, everything else appears to be working fine, just no sound. Is there an internal fuse that could be to blame ? I have checked the outside of the case & see no fuses or reset button. Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Check multiple inputs and check your speakers. Come back with results.

<-home theater technician/installer
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Will do first thing in the a.m., thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I hit the power button & I can hear it turn on, however the led display is very faint & I believe it flashes "poweroff" I can push the selector buttons & it appears to go to that mode, i.e. stereo, cd ect. but now nothing to the speakers at all.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
something is bad with the internal board. Power isnt getting to the rest of the system once it goes in. You will either need to send it to the manufacturer or just get a new receiver. There is not much in-home you can do for a problem with the processing board. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your help Bad Aim
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
anytime
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Pioneer has a network of repair centers. You might consider having one close to you give you an estimate on repair. It might be something simple.  Then again, a new unit will have more and better features.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pioneer has a network of repair centers. You might consider having one close to you give you an estimate on repair. It might be something simple.  Then again, a new unit will have more and better features.

also on that, if the repair center isnt nearby and you have to mail it off...

Shipping both ways plus the time it takes to repair a problem like that would probably cost as much as a new receiver anyways. Unless this thing has some family sentimental value, I would suggest just pitching it and getting a new one. Its for the children.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I'll chalk it up to a loss, don't have alot of coin, was looking at this one here to replace it :

www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-Surround-Sound-Receiver-RXD202B-/sem/rpsm/oid/140661/catOid/-12949/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top