Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 7:19:28 AM EDT
I was wondering if it is possible to setup a home network between a pc with windows 8, a laptop with vista and 2 samsung tablets.
I want to be able to see/share files that are on the laptop with the others. Things like music, pictures, and other files.
Also would ba a added bonus to print from any device with having the printer hooked up to just 1 computer.
I am currently running a simple cisco wireless router.

Is this possible?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with Win 8 but I'm doing something like this using Win7 pc's and a WHS.  For the Android tablets ES Explorer will find shared folders on a home network, ES File explorer will ask for a username and password for the shared folders so you can protect them to limit access.  

For the printer, if possible connect it directly to the router and use an app call printershare for the tablets.   A windows pc should be able to find the printer or you can add the printer by manually adding the IP address of the printer to the printer properties on each machine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top