BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 6/10/2007 10:31:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
With a rifle like that he ought to be able to afford a workout plan and a diet.

-Ben
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What are their ARFCOM user names?
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Those guys look like the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog puked on them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's all I could afford guy's don't be so mean

or not
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
They need a fitness hike or 87.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Why is it every militia skips one of the very first things you go through in boot?

That of course being physical conditioning?  Oh wait cause it requires self discipline.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]
these guys were featured in...Bowling for Columbine! They represent the avg gun owner michael moore tells me!

Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This guy has it going on.  At a McDonalds.

img510.imageshack.us/img510/782/loucamo1wt5.jpg

img510.imageshack.us/img510/4858/ppbiznessthmye1.jpg

img241.imageshack.us/img241/2262/spmousegunthmlm1.jpg

check out the last two pic names

If you want to become a part of this illustrious group.

www.michiganmilitia.com/budget/budget.htm

quote for pic names

I got the second one, People Business Time 1......hahah

but what's the third?  Sp mouse gun something....

ETA- The 3rd picture looks like he's wearing a damn mumu...
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#11]
So,

Where can I get 6XL BDU's?  

These guys crack me up but at the same time it bothers me.  When the gun fearing sheeple think of your typical gun owner this is the image most get in their heads.

Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When the gun fearing sheeple think of your typical gun owner this is the image most get in their heads.

So?  Is there a problem with being in a militia?  Do tell...
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So,

Where can I get 6XL BDU's?  

These guys crack me up but at the same time it bothers me.  When the gun fearing sheeple think of your typical gun owner this is the image most get in their heads.

those are not BDU's thats a fucking tarp.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#14]
not to worry guys, as a michigan resident i can assure. The ones that could actualy kick ass and take names were arrested by the alphabet boys years ago.

Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When the gun fearing sheeple think of your typical gun owner this is the image most get in their heads.

I don't have a problem with militias. You do have to remember what kind of image you present to the public. The government has been at war with militias for a long time and will use the image of the Obese, beer swilling, crazy gun show commando as a representative of what militias are to scare the uniformed, you should not be giving them the ammo to undermine your cause.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well other than playing sojer to stroke yer ego, probably not too much.  Takes posing to a new level.

Is you a Captain-General or a Major-Sgt?

If you somehow get the idea I don't have a whole lot of respect for most militias, well congratulations your mental acuities are right up to par.

But I am glad we were provided with a link to making hardtack, homemade MRE's, 2 sources of ramen noodles, and the knowledge that I can make a class 1 target out of a paper plate purchasable at the local 99 Cents store.

Making and preparing hardtack, a ration that was obsolete before the US Civil War and recommendations for using rifles many of which  went obsolete over 50 years ago.  

Yep I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#19]

P.S. Under any circumstances-- DO NOT tell your wife
you took 1 of her sheets!!!!

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:ETA- The 3rd picture looks like he's wearing a damn mumu...

No ordinary mumu. That's there's an AZ-17 tactical mumu with dual-purpose inside pockets that function equally well for extra mags or Pop-tart rations.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#21]
   I'm not looking to pile on and pick on these guys, but it does look like they focus on training in field and woods tactics. I always thought they should focus more on Urban/Suburban vehicle based tactics.

It would seem to me that a modern .mil invader or whatever would be able to roll up a guerrilla force in the woods pretty quickly. In particular, a force with no anti-aircraft or anti-armor weapons, IMHO they  would be better off hiding among the civilian population.

These guys would be better off following the Iraq insurgent model then the ranger handbook. Not to mention, there are no all-you-can-eat buffets in the woods.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Did anyone even bother to look around the rest of the site??

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Did anyone even bother to look around the rest of the site??

www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/November2006/militiaaqt2.jpg

www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/November2006/militiamove1.jpg

Sorry I can't look at the site:

"IAW NAVSTA INST's 5239.2A and 2000.1 access to this web site has been blocked.
Reason:  The Websense category "Militancy and Extremist" is filtered."

However I am familiar with the MI Militia.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I didn't know there were so many militia haters here.

You must've forgotten about a certain part of the 2nd amendment:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

They still have a purpose in the 21st century, and I think there should be more of them.  This is no different than bitching about open carry.  

And the guy's fat, so what?  It makes all of us gun owners look bad because there's a fat guy in a militia???

There are MI Militia members on this forum, show some respect.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Putting pics on the intraweb is a stupid idea.

Better to be neither seen nor    heard.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#27]

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State

If I understand this correctly, we have a right and a need to belong to a militia that the government cannot usurp.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Especially if those pictures contain images of overweight, slovenly persons holding weapons.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State

If I understand this correctly, we have a right and a need to belong to a militia that the government cannot usurp.

True, but dancing in front of the tiger will only get you eaten.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#31]
We are laughing at fat goobers playing soldier.
Not the militia.
These guys are not what the Founders envisioned.
Militia commanders in the Revolution didn't get to just make up ranks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have no problems with groups who get together for some kind of realistic training with realistic scenarios in mind, and actually structure themselves like a military unit.

However, what I have seen in practice is a whole different animal.

The old awrm.org boards were full of fucked up individuals who seemed hellbent on going to war with the US military. Suggestions of realistic training or quality equipment were frowned on.

Just look around at most of the militia groups' websites. They provide a perfect example for the gungrabbers to point at and say "this is what gun control would protect you from". One of them even has AARs from "snipers" all over the country with reports about how they dodged hikers while running around on public land, got caught trespassing, and spotted some Navy SEALs at a lake in Idaho.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I prefer the low profile, nothing to see here model.  Besides I am not a "joiner".

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Actually, they kinda did. Especially pre-Revolution.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, they kinda did. Especially pre-Revolution.

Sign me up as the Grand Order of the Master Snake.

experience: zip

Besides, good generals were always fat.  Look at: Napoleon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Gotta agree there.

No sleight to these guys though. At least they're out doing more than just bench shooting (which is all I am doing, and that's WHEN I can make it to the range, which isn't that often unfortunately for me).

And hey everyone, give them points for using real guns.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
There are MI Militia members on this forum, show some respect.

We're not bagging on the militia itself.  We're bagging the obese tacticool retards that are, apparently, the poster boys for these militias.

These guys can give Sgt. Sugarcookie a run for his money.  Although that run wouldn't be very far and would probably end with a few heart attacks.  If you're concerned about portraying yourself in a positive light, you could at least post photos of people who have their shit together.

If its one thing we should learn from the airsofters... don't go posting photos of yourself doing stupid things with guns.  That includes "running manuevers" in an open field, or giving your photos stupid file names.

And as for respecting MI Militia members, who may or may not be on this site... get real.  I'll respect them when I see something that warrents being respected.  Not the photos above.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#38]
i believe the rip that most ar15.comers posting here are aiming at the out of shape militiaman and how someone like him would not last in a real army. one must be able to carry everything that is needed on their own back.
just going to the range, i would say the gun community is a little on the heavy side. not trying to insult anyone who may be overweight, however getting ones health into check should priority #1, especially if you consider your self a militia member or survivalist. if you can not run 100M without keeling over, you are of little use when push comes to shove.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
i believe the rip that most ar15.comers posting here are aiming at the out of shape militiaman and how someone like him would not last in a real army. one must be able to carry everything that is needed on their own back.
just going to the range, i would say the gun community is a little on the heavy side. not trying to insult anyone who may be overweight, however getting ones health into check should priority #1, especially if you consider your self a militia member or survivalist. if you can not run 10,000M without keeling over, you are of little use when push comes to shove.

Fixed it for you, and that is still only 6.2 miles.  I have a 12 year old girl who can do that, most of you should have no excuse.

-Ben
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Especially if those pictures contain images of overweight, slovenly persons holding weapons.

Or what if instead of overweight he had been black!  It's still a prejudice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks like airsofters or paintballers to me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.  In most cases people are fat by choice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to be fat. I used to think that way also. Then I realized I was only hurting myself by being a fat fucking pig.
Allowing yourself to be obese is like intentionally infecting yourself with AIDS, or cancer or some other diesese. You mite as well go have unprotected sex with a haitian trans-gender prostitute. Either way your ruining yourself!
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you are michael jackson, you cant change your race.

Being over weight, in poor health all resulting in horrible footborne tactical mobility is entirely with in a persons control.  He needs to put the fork down and start running.

If someone cant have the discipline to get and stay in shape, how can they be expected to have the discipline needed to be in any competent fighting force?  Answer is they cant.

The above comments have nothing to with enjoying the right to own and use guns.  But claiming that Sergeant-General Sugar Cookie is anything more than a poser is whats being ridiculed here.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
just going to the range, i would say the gun community is a little on the heavy side. not trying to insult anyone who may be overweight, however getting ones health into check should priority #1, especially if you consider your self a militia member or survivalist. if you can not run 10,000M without keeling over, you are of little use when push comes to shove.

Fixed it for you, and that is still only 6.2 miles.  I have a 12 year old girl who can do that, most of you should have no excuse.

-Ben

hey now, im running a marathon this september and have a 1/2 ironman under my belt form last september. im good to go.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#46]
double post
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Arfcom people hate everything.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

hey now, im running a marathon this september and have a 1/2 ironman under my belt form last september. im good to go.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have always been a middle distance runner during track season, and a cross country runner in the fall.  I have done 2 sprint triathlons now, and I am thinking about doing a half ironman, so I must ask, how was it?  I kinda want to do a half ironman next summer and an ironman the summer after.

-Ben
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#49]
The whol emilitia debate aside, if this is the public's concept of "gun owners," then there is nothing to fear.  Who could possibly be concerned or frightened by the guys in those three
pics?

Now....200 in shape guys in formation doing PT or drill, all shooting identical modern arms, THAT would scare people.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Not every obese person is that way by choice, definately not.  There are plenty of disorders, genetics, etc. that come into play.  Once you're that far gone jogging is likely out of the question too unless you have a knee replacement plan.

Quoted:
Now....200 in shape guys in formation doing PT or drill, all shooting identical modern arms, THAT would scare people.

Let's make it happen then.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top