Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:34:38 PM EDT
www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051009/NEWS01/510090429/1006/NEWS01

Intruder killed, man wounded in 2 shootings

A Chicago man was killed in a shootout with a Westside apartment dweller during a home invasion Saturday morning.
In an unrelated home invasion in Lawrence, a man was critically wounded in his apartment.

The Chicago man's identity was not released Saturday, but a suspected accomplice, Erick Franklin, 18, Chicago, has been preliminarily charged with murder, said Marion County Sheriff's Lt. Brian Mahone.
An accomplice can be charged with murder if a homicide occurs during a criminal act, Mahone said.
Police said Franklin and the slain man, both carrying firearms, accosted two women at the apartment in the 7100 block of Heather Ridge Court around 4 a.m.
Douglas Jones, 23, Indianapolis, also was inside the apartment.
A shootout occurred, police said, with Jones, formerly of Chicago, armed with a handgun and a rifle.
The Chicago man was killed, and Franklin was apprehended later, police said.
In the other home invasion, a man was wounded critically Saturday morning when intruders shot him.
Michael Jones, 28, was inside a residence at the Orchard Apartments when three men broke down the front door, shot him in the stomach and fled, police said.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
at the would-be invader.

The dweller took appropriate action.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Nm, he added it,

Hey y0, take out the car ad.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nm, he added it,

SHit sorry my CopynpasteFU is weak.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
On the radio the announcer claimed it was an AK47 that the home owner used. DA is considering charges?!?!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nm, he added it,

SHit sorry my CopynpasteFU is weak.  

Forgive you Gungho.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless I read wrong, all three were from Chicago, leading me to believe something more amiss?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
If you knew where this is, you'd realize it was scumbag-on-scumbag.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you knew where this is, you'd realize it was scumbag-on-scumbag.

I do know where it is which is why I questioned it!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
i love stories where the dirt bag gets smoked lack a bag of ganja
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Unless I read wrong, all three were from Chicago, leading me to beleive something more amiss?

I have the same concerns but still want to see how this plays out. Its possible that the Guy from Chicago was completly in the right in this and the shooting was justified. It could also be some gang shit that followed him down here but wouldnt he still be in the right??

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unless I read wrong, all three were from Chicago, leading me to beleive something more amiss?

I have the same concerns but still want to see how this plays out. Its possible that the Guy from Chicago was completly in the right in this and the shooting was justified. It could also be some gang shit that followed him down here but wouldnt he still be in the right??

I vote gang shit follwing him!  Still interested in the outcome though!(even dirtbags can be in the right every once and again!)
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote gang shit follwing him!  Still interested in the outcome though!(even dirtbags can be in the right every once and again!)

A muthafuckin busted watch is right twice a day...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I avoid that side of town but from your comments I am guessing this is one of the "projects"?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I avoid that side of town but from your comments I am guessing this is one of the "projects"?

Check out the big brain on Gung...you a smart muthafucka, thass right!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wtf
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wtf

he is dropping the pulp fiction lingo on ya cuz
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#18]
That almost has to be gang related.  If it's the complex I think it is, I lived across 71st street from it years ago.  There was constantly shootings and crazy shit going on over there.  Plenty where I lived, too.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
No, it's not projects but it seems to be one of the places Vice Lords and Gangster Disciples like to get together and act like idiots.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top