Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:10:27 AM EDT
So this happened like a few houses down from where I used to live - 6 men robbery with one guy in get away car. The obvious answer would be just let them do what they want with you but is there a way to actually defend yourself in this case? These guys apparently tracked this guy for months and knew he carried cash and his wife and kids wouldn't be home at that time

Video
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
"Welcome to my parlor, said the spider to the flies..."
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Too many details. 
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
death blossom.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#4]
They fracked him?  They forced hot water into his subterranean fissures forcing his oil to come to the surface?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there a way to defend yourself?  Let us ponder.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Without watching your video, I've seen home invasion videos where the homeowner started shooting the minute multiple shit bags come into the house.  

Somehow when the homeowner starts shooting the shit bags lose their nerve.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Our neighborhood in Little Rock was experiencing this routinely. They kick in the front door around 3 am and charge in with guns. Letting them do "what they want" with me is unacceptable.
We upgraded locks, added an alarm system, then reinforced the door. Sure if they want in badly enough they can get in, but it now requires time and noise making. Giving me and my sweetie time to get going to prepared positions ready to defend ourselves.
Thankfully we did not get hit, but someone tried our door on two different occasions.
Moved from that city and won't be back!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, once I take out the leader, which is you, I'll have to contend with one or two enthusiastic wingmen.

The last two guys, they always run.

"Say hello to my leeetle friend..."
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So this happened like a few houses down from where I used to live - 6 men robbery with one guy in get away car. The obvious answer would be just let them do what they want with you but is there a way to actually defend yourself in this case? These guys apparently fracked this guy for months and knew he carried cash and his wife and kids wouldn't be home at that time

Video
View Quote
(Didn't watch video.)

Bullshit!  What if they want to kill you?  You can fight back! 

You should be shooting the minute they threaten your life and guess what?  They aren't there to have ice cream.

Arm up!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, once I take out the leader, which is you, I'll have to contend with one or two enthusiastic wingmen.

The last two guys, they always run.

"Say hello to my leeetle friend..."
View Quote
Remember, you wanted this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
At my house, the security doors are for the protection of those outside. Breach at your own risk.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes you are just going to get robbed. Aside from never, ever, taking off your weapon, you just got to hope it doesn't happen. There are times when everyone is vulnerable, ususlly when they are at home and "feel" safe.

It sure would have been nice to see these thugs leaving the home with more holes in them though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
OP sounds a lot like every anti-gunner with that statement.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So this happened like a few houses down from where I used to live - 6 men robbery with one guy in get away car. The obvious answer would be just let them do what they want with you but is there a way to actually defend yourself in this case? These guys apparently fracked this guy for months and knew he carried cash and his wife and kids wouldn't be home at that time

Video
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#15]
anyone....anyone comes into my house uninvited, through any door or window, alone or with others, will immediately be fired upon with no advance warnings.

From there, they can try to figure out where all my guns are stashed and where strategically placed barricades and bullet stopping bookcases are placed in my house.

I'll be busy painting the walls, floors, and ceilings red with their blood.

Cue teh "We gotz a badass here" meme.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
............We upgraded locks, added an alarm system, then reinforced the door. Sure if they want in badly enough they can get in, but it now requires time and noise making.......
View Quote

You can not prevent a surprise attack.  But you don't need make it easy nor quiet.........

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I dream about killing the piece of shit that invaded me a year plus ago. I shoot him over and over in my mind.

Then I pull his mask off and make him look me in the face as he dies, reminding him I did this to him.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#18]
6 guys, geez, I think I'd grab the AR-15 for this one. Oh man that's really close to where I live.... 
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I dream about killing the piece of shit that invaded me a year plus ago. I shoot him over and over in my mind.

Then I pull his mask off and make him look me in the face as he dies, reminding him I did this to him.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]
That's a great series.     :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Video
View Quote
If they knew nobody would be home why did they all go inside with guns drawn?  You make it sound like they went out of their way to ensure nobody would be hurt.  You are obviously wrong with your obvious answer.  With the racial makeup of the perps and your "obvious" answer statement, this has all the makings of a troll thread.

In on one!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sometimes you are just going to get robbed. Aside from never, ever, taking off your weapon, you just got to hope it doesn't happen. There are times when everyone is vulnerable, ususlly when they are at home and "feel" safe.

It sure would have been nice to see these thugs leaving the home with more holes in them though.
View Quote
I came to the same conclusion, which is why I carry at home instead of stashing it somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone that forces their way into my castle is getting cut the fuck down real quick, wisha ninja wood.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If they knew nobody would be home why did they all go inside with guns drawn?  You make it sound like they went out of their way to ensure nobody would be hurt.  You are obviously wrong with your obvious answer.  With the racial makeup of the perps and your "obvious" answer statement, this has all the makings of a troll thread.

In on one!
View Quote
No.  He said they knew the wife and kids would not be home.  2 less people to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.  He said they knew the wife and kids would not be home.  2 less people to worry about.
View Quote
How would they "know" for sure?  Did they see her somewhere else right before they broke in?  People might have a set routine but still have to stop at home for something during the day.  Maybe she forgot something at home after leaving, maybe she went home sick, maybe the kids had a doctors appointment and they went home after, etc.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Like this, get the drop and unleash hell.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Unless you carry a gun on you at home, and I know some do.  I think the best bet is to reinforce your doors to the point even some gangbangers with a large rock are going to take long enough to get in so that you can get to a staged defensive firearm.  Then try to ambush them while they are in some kind of fatal funnel, like a hallway.

Door jamb armor seems to stop people with actual forcible entry tools and is not prohibitively expensive.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm overwhelmed by OP's details.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#30]
On the off-chance that there may be some real discussion on the subject: Time.

Time is life.

Whatever you can do to get as much heads up as possible is what will allow you to prepare.

Driveway alarms, reinforced doors, door chimes, etc.

Set them up in layers.

Also, a surveillance system is only good for historical reference unless you monitor it, so place a screen where you intend to spend the most of your time. For me it's over my desk in my office.

Further, be prepared at all times, or as much as is reasonable.

Finally, shut the fuck up and be selective about who knows what. How did a carload of a shitbags learn about this guy's daily schedule and business habits? I'll give you two guesses, but you'll only need one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
On the off-chance that there may be some real discussion on the subject: Time.

Time is life.

Whatever you can do to get as much heads up as possible is what will allow you to prepare.

Driveway alarms, reinforced doors, door chimes, etc.

Set them up in layers.

Also, a surveillance system is only good for historical reference unless you monitor it, so place a screen where you intend to spend the most of your time. For me it's over my desk in my office.

Further, be prepared at all times, or as much as is reasonable.

Finally, shut the fuck up and be selective about who knows what. How did a carload of a shitbags learn about this guy's daily schedule and business habits? I'll give you two guesses, but you'll only need one.
View Quote
This reflects the approach we used.
Our prepared positions were a funnelled access, lighting set to assist us vs them, clear field of fire, with sweetie behind in a reinforced (not bulletproof but resistant with layers  of plywood and sheetrock then the gun cabinet) me calling in the police while I defend from a covered position.
The alarm also triggers police response.
At worst I guessed we had 10 minutes max on our own. We had more than enough ammunition loaded for a full out 10 minute firefight.

And thankfully don't have to worry about that particular element anymore.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol yeah say that to the 20 guns and all that accessories I own...
Quoted:
OP sounds a lot like every anti-gunner with that statement.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Dealing with 5 armed robberies is real hard but layered defense would have helped the home owner out quite a bit
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We had more than enough ammunition loaded for a full out 10 minute firefight.
View Quote
That'd be like, thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dealing with 5 armed robberies is real hard but layered defense would have helped the home owner out quite a bit
View Quote
And channeling them.
We set up a mini-Thermopalae to make certain no one could get past me. Or if anyone did, then she could freely blast away with the shotgun or AR.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's only hard if they're tactically squared away. Funneling through one door like that makes for easy stacking. I seriously doubt those thugs have the mental fortitude to set over each other's limp corpse and press the fight.

The smart move would have been to split up and hit two doors/windows at once.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had more than enough ammunition loaded for a full out 10 minute firefight.
Yup.
It would be.
Like multiple mag dumps for each of several firearms. How many multiples I'd rather not discuss.
We have top men on it. Top. Men.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#39]
They tracked this guy for months! He is an owner of a business and regularly visits banks to get money in and out. The robber supposedly surveilled the bank to pick out his victims. And no im not a troll (I comment on the night vision threads and I've bought and sold here. I have a newborn now and I have to protect him and my wife
Quoted:
How would they "know" for sure?  Did they see her somewhere else right before they broke in?  People might have a set routine but still have to stop at home for something during the day.  Maybe she forgot something at home after leaving, maybe she went home sick, maybe the kids had a doctors appointment and they went home after, etc.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I dunno, that sounds like a pretty shitty situation to find yourself in.  I think the key to defending yourself against those types of odds would be to never get yourself targeted like that to begin with.  Practice Opsec and don't make your business public knowledge like that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They tracked this guy for months! He is an owner of a business and regularly visits banks to get money in and out. The robber supposedly surveilled the bank to pick out his victims. And no im not a troll (I comment on the night vision threads and I've bought and sold here. I have a newborn now and I have to protect him and my wife
View Quote
Do you have a link to more information that I missed?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Luckily, random home invasion robberies are so rare.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#43]
In Ohio, We have the castle law. Basically, if someone enters you home unlawfully, you have the legal right to fuck their shit up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Here's one but let me see if I can find a better link. The details are more in the neighborhood Facebook and next door links

http://www.click2houston.com/news/husband-tied-up-held-at-gunpoint-during-home-invasion-in-west-houston

Quoted:

Do you have a link to more information that I missed?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How did a carload of a shitbags learn about this guy's daily schedule and business habits? I'll give you two guesses, but you'll only need one.
View Quote
Typo aside, the OP mentioned that they had tracked the homeowner for months.  Maybe situational awareness could have prevented this?

More and more business owners are being targeted in this manner.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I dunno, that sounds like a pretty shitty situation to find yourself in.  I think the key to defending yourself against those types of odds would be to never get yourself targeted like that to begin with.  Practice Opsec and don't make your business public knowledge like that.
View Quote
Bet the bank teller was in on it. She tells her gansta BF which dudes leave with lots of cash. BF follows the customers to find out which houses would be easy targets.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#47]
A door that cant be opened with a rock would be a good start. Alarm. Dog.
If you're inside then start shooting.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bet the bank teller was in on it. She tells her gansta BF which dudes leave with lots of cash. BF follows the customers to find out which houses would be easy targets.
View Quote
Could be.  I guess the solution would be to make your home look as uninviting as possible.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Five rounds per and 10 spare... Reloads are on the bed side plate carrier. 
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately there are going to be situations where dealing with bad guys is unavoidable.
You know what they say...
You go make something idiot proof and they just build a better idiot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top