Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:36:36 PM EDT
Band of Brothers Major Winters.   English dude.  Bollocks.

G
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
did you watch the extras dvd?

I didn't know it until I finished all the dvd's and watched the bonus feature. And then it was a big shock.

He did a great job with the 'american' accent.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I'm watching "Friends and Crocodiles" and he's in it.  Never actually made it all the way through the BoB DVDs...  

G
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Just finding this out huh?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No, I'm watching "Friends and Crocodiles" and he's in it.  Never actually made it all the way through the BoB DVDs...  

G

careful, that may result in a banning!

After I saw BoB I caught him in another miniseries from england. It was just strange seeing him with the accent after watching 15+ hours of him wtihout it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
See him in Dreamcatcher.  He goes back and forth between accents like he's flipping a switch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
He doesn't really have a PA accent in BoB.  It's more of a midwestern accent, maybe Kansas?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He doesn't really have a PA accent in BoB.  It's more of a midwestern accent, maybe Kansas?

It's more of a 'non discernable' accent that a lot of people in acting and radio go for.

IIRC rush talked about it one time on his radio show on how he had to lose his accent when he got into radio so he didn't get pigeonholed as a 'southern' guy. They go to work getting rid of everythign they learned and make their accent as nondescript as possible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, something like that.

After all, I never heard him say anything like "okay, a couple one two tree of youz guys come wit me up da crick and we'll take dat hill."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See him in Dreamcatcher.  He goes back and forth between accents like he's flipping a switch.

yeah, too bad that movie sucked ass
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea, he used to play a UN peace kepper in the former Yugoslaia on some program years ago. I was a OK show. He is talented I will gie him that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Leibgot is British as well. He's supposed to be from San Fransisco but the accent is more east coast. Sort of a muddled New York, New Jersey sound.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I lost my PA accent for the most part after a couple months in the AF. I found myself with a PA/NY/AL/TX mix with a little brit mixed in. I think they fade dast when you are in mixed company for a long while.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Hell half the actors in the show were Brits.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Battlestar Galactica is hella loaded with british actors.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Battlestar Galactica is hella loaded with british actors.

Apollo in BSG is British and also played an American soldier in Band of Brothers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh yea Apollo, the guy my wife is in love with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
So was John Martin and come to think of it...the other officer Harry whatshisname with the red hair

In fact guys.....................................................
It was made in England

Mark
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So was John Martin and come to think of it...the other officer Harry whatshisname with the red hair

In fact guys.....................................................

It was made in England

Mark

The Britsih actors had convincing American accents for the most part. The Harry Welsh character stumbled many times though. While the accents could pass for American, they mostly did not reflect the charcters region correctly. The US has very distinct accents by region, state and even city, hell, even differnt parts of some cities. North Philly and South Philly for example. I'm sure it's the same in England.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Not just British, but Eton College-type British.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#20]
that makes since, the invasion was base from there, and they need the Eroupean type landscape to pull of the authenticity of it off. in black hawk down a lot of the actors where british. I believe a lot of american actors try to be british in flims, why not british playing americans? I may add that I had the honor to talk with Malarky, the mortorman from astoria oregon. He wanted to talk to the vets of iraqi freedom. I have seen war in two theaters but nothing like what he went through.  my respects to all veterns british and american.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Britsih actors had convincing American accents for the most part. The Harry Welsh character stumbled many times though. While the accents could pass for American, they mostly did not reflect the charcters region correctly. The US has very distinct accents by region, state and even city, hell, even differnt parts of some cities. North Philly and South Philly for example. I'm sure it's the same in England.

Absolutely, and probably even more so than the US
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top