Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2005 5:35:39 PM EDT
Title pretty much says it all.  I'm buying a 642 Airweight - .38 Spl for off duty carry.  I normaly wear shorts and a T-shirt so I don't want to carry a full size and I prefer the simplicity of a revolver for an off-duty gun.  I'd like to get a pocket holster (cargo pocket shorts) and an IWB or similar for when I wear pants/jacket.

Any suggestions?

Brian
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
my buddy has a galco IWB open top holster.  I don't have the model number off the top of my head but I think it might be the "Scout  clip on".

He carries his 5-shot in it, works great.  Even though it says clip on, it is more of a J-Hook set-up.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
it's hammerless so why not the pocket if his pants are loose enough?  or just a simple IWB holster will work for that. It weighs like 12 ounces. That's a great back up piece as well. uncle mikes makes a decent body armor holster for them.

J
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a Uncle Mike's pocket holster for my revolver. I like Desantis Cozy Partner for IWB. I bought mine from here.  http://www.magnumarms.com/html/desantis_catalog.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for the Barami. I never leave home w/o mine
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
i love my kramer pocket holster for my 642.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top