Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 7:25:46 PM EDT
I took my mom to see the movie Paddington last night. She's British, and she always read me the books as a kid. It was a great kids book about a curious bear. So what does Hollywood do in their movie adaption? Turn it into some bull shit about the evils of Taxidermy. The cinematics and everything were great, could have been an awesome movie for kids. And instead they have to inject some bull shit that isn't even relevant.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I can comment any more on Hollywood's 90% suck rate.

Sorry you had to waste $XX.XX on them, OP.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think I can comment any more on Hollywood's 90% suck rate.

Sorry you had to waste $XX.XX on them, OP.

View Quote

Not every movie is as bad. I just can't even imagine how this shit happens.

Movie writer guys: Hey, there's a children's book about a bear in London, let's adapt it into a movie.

Guy 2: Sounds great, you know what bears are though? Animals, you know what I hate? Rednecks who mount animals on walls, let's inject this completely unrelated thing into a kids movie.

Guy 1: That's great! I love making shit up that's completely irrelevant to the rest of the story!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It just makes me want to shoot a little bear and make a rug
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
lol.

stupid writers, writing things that they feel like writing.

they shouldn't do that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for a heads up OP.

I don't want my kids being indoctrinated that me hunting and my animals being mounted are evil or bad.

Such as waste of a good opportunity to have a goods kids movie.
View Quote

I was extremely disappointed. It reminded me of Evan Almighty.

Bruce Almighty, great movie.

Evan Almighty, tree hugging bull shit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
How can anyone go to a Hollywood created movie based on a book and expect to see what they read in the book???

I have not be inside a movie theater in almost 20 years.

I do not rent or buy movies.

Our large screen TV has been turned into a computer system monitor.

FUCK HOLLYWOOD !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lol.

they shouldn't do that.
View Quote

Movie adaptations of book should at least make an effort to stick to the source material without injecting liberal tree hugging derp into it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Movie adaptations of book should at least make an effort to stick to the source material without injecting liberal tree hugging derp into it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol.

they shouldn't do that.

why?  because you say so?  if you want what's in the book, why not read the book again?

do moviemakers owe you something?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

why?  because you say so?  if you want what's in the book, why not read the book again?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol.

they shouldn't do that.

Gee I don't know, maybe because the whole point of seeing a movie based on the book is because people enjoyed the book, and want to see what was in the book, on screen?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Sort of on topic...

My wife was house shopping in Big Bear Ca and the house had quite a few stuffed animals but she was only shocked by the baby bear one,   She and a friend with her had to look it over good to verify it was (once)  real.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sort of on topic...

My wife was house shopping in Big Bear Ca and the house had quite a few stuffed animals but she was only shocked by the baby bear one,   She and a friend with her had to look it over good to verify it was (once)  real.
View Quote

My dad has a young brown bear laying on his man-cave floor at this moment. When I was kid I named him Grizz, and spent many hours napping on top of it. Stuffed creatures are great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy $#it i found a review that says this is a pro-immigrant piece of nostalgic propaganda.  

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20150116__Paddington___This_chap_is_not_your_average_bear.html

Released at a time when immigration has become a hot topic in Britain and America alike, Paddington also has a very clear, if not particularly nuanced, message: Welcome the other into your home.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20150116__Paddington___This_chap_is_not_your_average_bear.html#ba1HI5Z56rlb2xaj.99
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Holy $#it i found a review that says this is a pro-immigrant piece of nostalgic propaganda.  

View Quote

Bear stows away on a cargo ship. Illegally enters Great Britain, free loads off a native family... Not terribly inaccurate
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I think they do it to sooth their subconscious that aches for relevancy.  When all you do and live for could be removed without a wits difference to mainstream America, you have to do something to make yourself feel validated and relevant.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#17]
How is that different than Bambi's anti-hunting message? (1942)

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#18]
This conversation has happened many times, and the average ARFcommer talks a good game, but will happily betray their own values at the drop of a hat. The right has absolutely no backbone when it comes to entertainment. The Walking Dead could inject an anti gun storyline, and I doubt even 10% would stop watching the show because of it. Like I said, no backbone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How is that different than Bambi's anti-hunting message? (1942)

View Quote

It's not. But I've never seen Bambi.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This conversation has happened many times, and the average ARFcommer talks a good game, but will happily betray their own values at the drop of a hat. The right has absolutely no backbone when it comes to entertainment. The Walking Dead could inject an anti gun storyline, and I doubt even 10% would stop watching the show because of it. Like I said, no backbone.
View Quote

again, lol.

i enjoy game of thrones and lord of the rings, even though they "promote" monarchy.  i enjoyed K19, even though it "promoted" the shooting of SLBMs against the US.  i enjoyed das boot, even though it "promoted" the germans in WW2.  this is a truth: art is an eternal bastion of liberalism.  people who make movies are mostly liberal.  people who make TV shows are mostly liberal.  musicians are mostly liberal.  

so unless you refuse to watch movies, watch TV shows, listen to music, or consume art of any sort...kindly remember that you're just as spineless as everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

again, lol.

i enjoy game of thrones and lord of the rings, even though they "promote" monarchy.  i enjoyed K19, even though it "promoted" the shooting of SLBMs against the US.  i enjoyed das boot, even though it "promoted" the germans in WW2.  this is a truth: art is an eternal bastion of liberalism.  people who make movies are mostly liberal.  people who make TV shows are mostly liberal.  musicians are mostly liberal.  

so unless you refuse to watch movies, watch TV shows, listen to music, or consume art of any sort...kindly remember that you're just as spineless as everyone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

again, lol.

I'd say, as a rough guess, that my media consumption is around 90% less than most Americans. The gap would be higher if not for my reading. If most conservatives boycotted even half of what I boycott, we'd bring left wing media to it's knees within a year. We'd utterly decimate their propaganda factory. Sadly, most conservatives would rather support left wing propaganda than go without their daily TV and movie fix. As long as we only boycott those things that don't interest us, nothing will change. It's only giving up what we like (canceling HBO, as an example) that we have any hope of slowing down America's decay. Can we blame Hollywood for ridiculing us when we keep lapping up their product while simultaneously whining about it's message?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top